Mustapha
8 (3.5%)
Jealousy
3 (1.3%)
Let Me Entertain You
6 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 29, 2023, 09:40:22 AM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these 70's deep cuts by Queen  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Your favorites of these 70's deep cuts by Queen
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
Yeah, I can get on that. The band has built up a legendary status that cannot be denied, and like I said one of my absolute favourite bands draws a ton of influences from Queen and look up to them like no other. It can be completely arbitrary with me; one moment I listen to really weird music with tons of sloppy/messy (not saying this Queen song was particularly messy, just speaking in general) moments and I don't mind them, and the other moment I find myself getting annoyed with certain transitions because it just takes me completely out of the feel of the section before which I preferred to the current. If that makes sense. No offence meant man, the first comment was mostly mocking the 'Queen can do no wrong' notion that some people around me have stated. You know, the ones that only know Bohemian Rhapsody (and several other popular songs) and call themselves huge fans.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
I am guessing that anyone who says "Queen can do no wrong" has probably not heard Hot Space. :lol :lol

Even though I didn't vote for it, I want to give some love to Father to Son. I love the heaviness of the middle of that song, and that raw production of that record only adds to the heavy feel.  Had that been recorded once their production values were more refined, it wouldn't have been as cool.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »
Yeah, I can get on that. The band has built up a legendary status that cannot be denied, and like I said one of my absolute favourite bands draws a ton of influences from Queen and look up to them like no other. It can be completely arbitrary with me; one moment I listen to really weird music with tons of sloppy/messy (not saying this Queen song was particularly messy, just speaking in general) moments and I don't mind them, and the other moment I find myself getting annoyed with certain transitions because it just takes me completely out of the feel of the section before which I preferred to the current. If that makes sense. No offence meant man, the first comment was mostly mocking the 'Queen can do no wrong' notion that some people around me have stated. You know, the ones that only know Bohemian Rhapsody (and several other popular songs) and call themselves huge fans.

It makes perfect sense; I just finished my first roulette and you and I are a LOT alike in terms of feel and arbitrariness.   We're all good!   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
    But the last three 'elimination' submissions for me are Queen - The Prophets Song" (by the way, there is NO apostrophe), Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You, and Ozzy's Diary of a Madman.  That is BAFFLING to me.   Not because "I like it" or "I think it is great"; my taste doesn't matter one bit.   But there is a universal quality at least to the first and last of those.   Neither of those records went multi-platinum because they suck water.

But pretty sure anyone that submits The Beatles in one of my roulettes will absolutely be eliminated.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol