Author Topic: Star Wars Discussion Thread v.The Last Jedi  (Read 5244 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
Re: Star Wars Discussion Thread v.The Last Jedi
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
That whole thing with Rose and Finn was the biggest WTF in the entire movie for me.  For one, Rose was the younger sister of someone we'd seen die valiantly, and I thought she was supposed to be like 12 years old, but okay I figured you're never too young to join the resistance.  Then they went on that whole mission to find the hacker, didn't find him but did manage to find a guy who claimed to be a hacker, but then he betrayed them and the mission failed.  Nice waste of half an hour there.

Then Finn is ready to sacrifice himself to take out the nuclear battering ram thing, and Rose takes him out.  Why!?  After wasting the entire movie, I figured Finn was gonna at least go out with a heroic exit, but no.  Somewhere in there, she kissed him, and I finally realized that she's not supposed to be 12.  15 maybe?  But that whole thing made no fucking sense.

What? I know asians look young, but she's 28 man. She's older than John Boyega. :lol

I know right.  It's like Bob's racist or something!  :lol  Is this like a case where black people are allowed to use the N word?  Asians can bitch about how young other Asians look?
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
I guess it was my first impression and I couldn't get past it.
I think this might be an indication of your age, rather than hers. ;)

Rose was awesome.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2018, 01:00:32 PM »
That whole thing with Rose and Finn was the biggest WTF in the entire movie for me.  For one, Rose was the younger sister of someone we'd seen die valiantly, and I thought she was supposed to be like 12 years old, but okay I figured you're never too young to join the resistance.  Then they went on that whole mission to find the hacker, didn't find him but did manage to find a guy who claimed to be a hacker, but then he betrayed them and the mission failed.  Nice waste of half an hour there.

Then Finn is ready to sacrifice himself to take out the nuclear battering ram thing, and Rose takes him out.  Why!?  After wasting the entire movie, I figured Finn was gonna at least go out with a heroic exit, but no.  Somewhere in there, she kissed him, and I finally realized that she's not supposed to be 12.  15 maybe?  But that whole thing made no fucking sense.

What? I know asians look young, but she's 28 man. She's older than John Boyega. :lol

I know right.  It's like Bob's racist or something!  :lol  Is this like a case where black people are allowed to use the N word?  Asians can bitch about how young other Asians look?

Yep.

Yep.

Rose was awesome.

Nope.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »

Rose was awesome.

Yep!

They could have done a lot more with Rose, but the movie is pretty overstuffed as it is. Her speech at the end could have been cut altogether though! :biggrin: Okay, let her save Finn, but the collision could have just knocked her out.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2018, 07:43:06 PM »
Quote from: Orber

[/quote

:rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »
:lol

Although I'd hardly call Poe trusting.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2018, 01:13:41 PM »
Any word on when there will be a trailer for Solo? Seems odd that the movie will be out in less than 4 months and there hasn't been anything release yet. I still think they should move it to December. I sense that regardless of how good or bad the film turns out that it's going to bomb in May for number of reasons including lack of marketing, fatigue from The Last Jedi, and The Avengers film.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
Any word on when there will be a trailer for Solo? Seems odd that the movie will be out in less than 4 months and there hasn't been anything release yet. I still think they should move it to December. I sense that regardless of how good or bad the film turns out that it's going to bomb in May for number of reasons including lack of marketing, fatigue from The Last Jedi, and The Avengers film.

And Deadpool 2
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2018, 09:24:44 PM »
I don't know how this trainwreck hasn't been pushed back to December yet. We're not that far out yet, and we've yet to see a single second of footage from this movie. It would be in their best interest to give this more time, not just for the sake of this movie, but the franchise in general.

I can just imagine Disney mentioning a big Solo announcement and everyone expects a trailer, only for them to announce a new December date. :biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2018, 05:29:14 AM »
I also wonder if this delay in releasing a trailer is them deciding if this movie should be pushed back to December. I personally like others would not mind a Star Wars release every December.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #362 on: January 20, 2018, 05:38:54 AM »
I've been quite liking the regular December releases, and I think having two SW movies only half a year apart could cause some franchise fatigue.
On top of that, expectations for this movie are quite low, and coming off the mixed reception to TLJ, it could hurt them in the long run. Hopefully the rumours of this movie being bad are overstated as they were with Rogue One, but there's no buzz for this right now.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #363 on: January 20, 2018, 10:33:22 AM »
Ron Howard does give me hope.   He's not incapable of making a bad movie (as I've heard the DaVinci Code was a steaming turd), but he's got a pretty good track record.   He's certainly had far more good outings than bad. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Ron Howard was put in a tough situation, being a replacement director at such a late stage, so I won't blame him if it turns out to be a turd.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »
I like the idea of having an early summer release. Star Wars every six months is fine with me if they can have the capacity and creativity to keep it exciting. I think the Solo movie will be fun, it makes me wonder if that movie will be a little more light hearted? I mean, a young Han Solo on his adventures being a smuggler for Jabba and cruising the Melleniam Falcon around the galaxy. I hope they have a lot of Jabba The Butt in this movie and his dealings with Solo and the Wookie.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP