General > Movies and TV

Dark (Netflix Sci-fi show) - Season 3 out now!

(1/13) > >>

faizoff:
Netflix released a new show a couple of weeks ago and I finished it last night.
The show is really amazing and very well made.

Everyone says the show is a German version of Stranger Things. I don't think that's true at all. The only thing common with that show is the missing kid and some parts set in the 80s. Other than that there really is no comparison. Very different shows.

I'd say Dark is a combination of Lost and Twin Peaks with several other drama shows mixed in like The Killing, etc..

This is apparently Netflix's first German produced show. By default the language is set to the dubbed English preset, I changed it to use English subtitles instead. I always like to hear the original dialogue rather than the dubbed and hammed up version. I don't have any issues reading subtitles while watching.

The show is a overwhelming at times, because it has so many characters and they are all tied together very well, you have to pay attention to the show when watching it. I thought it was really well done when handling so many people and so many little story lines that converge.

Definitely give it a shot and one tip if you're watching it on a windows PC like I did, use the Netflix app through the store or use Edge browser, apparently the encoding appears the best on those two platforms and I was super impressed with the look of the show throughout.

MirrorMask:
I'm watching Stranger Things in these days, so I don't think about going into a "similar" show right away, but sooner or later I'll give it a try.

faizoff:
I wouldn't be too concerned about the comparison to Stranger Things really. Dark is a completely different type of show like I mentioned it's more Lost & Twin Peaks. Mystery, intrigue, the careful unraveling of events, etc.. it really stands on its own.

Podaar:
We binge watched this over the weekend. It was really well made, but fucked with my head so much, I still can't decide how it all worked. There's a lot to love about this show, the acting, the mood, the music...I'm sure some of you folks who have way more on the ball than me would enjoy the plot.

Oh, and it is nothing like Stranger Things. Forget that comparison entirely.

Nekov:
My girlfriend and I finished watching the first season on Suandy and I got to say I enjoyed the hell out of it. The level of tension, the acting, the great story telling are all just amazing. It's very intrincate and complex yet I was able to determine who was who most of the time, the only one I wasn't able to get was Noah but there weren't a lot of clues about him.
Given how it ends I'd guess the second season will be quite different from the first but I'm equally anxious to get some more of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version