Author Topic: Live-streaming in the wake of COVID-19 - is it really feasible and profitable?  (Read 2168 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
It's "curated at-home performances" so I think it'll all be pre-record, i.e. bands can record their separate parts and mix them together. Should be cool though if it's all unique original performances specifically for the event!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lethean

Katatonia will be live streaming on Saturday for anyone who is interested:

• Saturday 9th May - 20:00 CEST | 19:00 BST | 14:00 EDT
• Get tickets here (10€): https://bit.ly/2VSwYWc

Even if you're not able to tune in 'live', you can still purchase a ticket and replay the performance as many times as you wish up until the 15th June.

Offline MirrorMask

Cellar Darling just did last sunday a "Pay what you want" concert, streamed on YouTube for free, with open donations for anyone who wanted to contribute. They were in the studio, cams pointed on them, and played while 1500 people (me included) was watching.

It was a lot of fun, even though the real thing is obviously better. I think it must also be a bit weird for the bands who are lve streaming - to them it's a rehersal, they're alone in the studio, but they have the abstract knowledge that a lot of people are watching.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!