Rush - Tom Sawyer
70 (15.6%)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
61 (13.6%)
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
12 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: August 31, 2023, 09:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Your favorites of these overplayed classic rock songs  (Read 2119 times)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: Your favorites of these overplayed classic rock songs
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 12:32:03 PM »
Long after we've all shuffled off this mortal coil, people will still be singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Queen somehow managed to successfully marry the two seemingly disparate elements of popularity and complexity to create a timeless anthem for the ages.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 08:38:49 AM »
If I related this before, I'm sorry, but about a year ago, I was driving my daughter home from school and she asked me if she could go to this dance at school.  She went on to say something about how she wanted to see her friends, but was unsure because the last dance the music was really bad.    I said sure, and because I can, I put on Stairway and told her - sort of tongue in cheek - how this was the song that ended pretty much every dance I've ever been to.  Fast forward to me picking her up from said dance, and me asking how it was.  She looked at me with this look on her face and I said "what happened?  Music suck?"  And she said it was fine until the last song.   They played Stairway, and some boy asked her to dance and she didn't know whether it was slow or fast or what...

Point is, 45 years later, and two generations later, they're STILL playing that fucking song at school dances.   I can't wait until my seven month old grandson dances to Stairway at HIS first school dance...   

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 08:44:57 AM »
The one song that was a staple, beyond all the pop hits and rap, at my middle/high school dances, was You Shook Me All Night Long. Stairway seems like an odd pick to me. It takes a while to get going...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Rush - Tom Sawyer
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
The Doors - Light My Fire
Eagles - Hotel California
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history