Author Topic: Sacul's controversial roulette v3. Less frustration™️, A REAL WINNER AT LAST!!!!  (Read 86981 times)

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Musical akwardmess
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
OK, sign me up. I'm already in on Train of Naught's roulette. So I may as well jump in with both feet. Although, your "not in to" list makes me want to cry a little inside.... ;)
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Musical akwardmess

While gazing at your shoes?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Literally  :lol That's how journalists called their music, mocking them because they would spend more time looking at the pedals than interacting with the audience.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So, music dorks with little talent or charisma, trying to distract the listener with their pedal wankery.

Got it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Nah much talent, no charisma
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I have sent and am now free to ogle my footware of choice.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Submissions aren't open yet :P. But seeing there are more than 10 participants (and there's still room for more!), I'll post the rules for the elimination round:
  • Will consist of two quick rounds, in the first one your score won't add up to your total (it will be just for reference), and will be for you folks to try all the risky music you want and it will have no effect at all on your score. Think of it as a free round with no consequences, to test my tastes and such. If you've got something very risky in mind, this is the perfect moment to send it. Beware that submissions on this round will still be banned like in a normal round.
  • Second round, once you've got a grasp of what I like and don't, it's the actual elimination round. I'll take the top 10 songs and let the participants who sent those to stay. If you are in, the score you receive will add up to your total.
I chose this approach because I hate elimination rounds and always wanted a quick way to assess the host's tastes in some stuff I wasn't sure about. Also my tastes can be a bit of a mess so hope this helps  :lol.

Submissions for the free round start on Friday 8th at 00:00 GMT -3, and that will be the last day to sign up for this. I'll spend the rest of the day updating the third post with some more genres to help you.

Bolsters, if you want to resubmit, you can do so once submissions are open.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Ok cool, I'll jump onboard
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Thanks for the invite Sacul - seeing as you're doing an elimination round to kick off, I can't see any reason not to participate for as long as I last!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure I have enough bands that you haven't listened to but what the hell, I'll jump into this
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Count me in!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Great! Added some genres more to the third post, am gonna take a break now and add a few more later.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Submissions aren't open yet :P
Sorry, when you said you said you'd only ask us to submit on Friday I didn't realise you did not actually want people to start submitting until then. :lol

Since the first of these two rounds has no bearing on score or eliminations at all, I will definitely change my submission....on Friday.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Put me on the list dammit.  You already said I could play!

:jingleboy:

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright alright, screw it, I'm in too. Can't hurt to be eliminated in two roulettes at once.

What's the length limit for the first round btw?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Put me on the list dammit.  You already said I could play!

:jingleboy:
I thought I had included you already  :lol . Added.

Alright alright, screw it, I'm in too. Can't hurt to be eliminated in two roulettes at once.

What's the length limit for the first round btw?
Hell yeah  :metal

10 minutes. However, you can send only one song up to 18 mins. Applies to all rounds. Added to the OP.

EDIT: Finished updating the third post, and I think I'll leave it like that, am on the character limit  :lol
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:45:12 PM by Sacul »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I'm going to get you to like some epic power metal if it kills me. First round is gonna be a doozy. Prepare your ears.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
since round one doesn't count I'm going to send some really noisy black metal for keks

Offline Tyrias

Thanks for the invite via PM, but I really don't have time for this (or much else that isn't uni work) right now.

Maybe next time :)-.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Are we supposed to be sending you the fake-first-round submissions already?

I be am boner inducing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I think I popped a blood vessel reading all the likes and dislikes. :lol  Well done Sacul!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
also

ALSO

In terms of submissions, do you have Spotify premium and therefore get high-quality streaming? If so, that's probably better for me to send rather than mp3s I have, as I keep pretty much all my mp3s at 192kbps for space.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm going to get you to like some epic power metal if it kills me. First round is gonna be a doozy. Prepare your ears.  :lol
since round one doesn't count I'm going to send some really noisy black metal for keks
I'm ready for the pain  :lol

Thanks for the invite via PM, but I really don't have time for this (or much else that isn't uni work) right now.

Maybe next time :) -.
No problem, would love to have you next time  :tup

Are we supposed to be sending you the fake-first-round submissions already?
Submissions for the free round start on Friday 8th at 00:00 GMT -3, and that will be the last day to sign up for this.

I think I popped a blood vessel reading all the likes and dislikes. :lol   Well done Sacul!!
Thanks, just wanted to be thorough and let you guys know well what I like, previous roulettes have taught me my tastes are a bit of a mess so it's the least I could do  :lol

In terms of submissions, do you have Spotify premium and therefore get high-quality streaming? If so, that's probably better for me to send rather than mp3s I have, as I keep pretty much all my mp3s at 192kbps for space.
I've got Premium so yeah, would probably be better sending stuff on Spotify. But if your submission is not there, 192 kbps mp3s will be fine for roulette purposes.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
WELCOME TO REALITY BE READY FOR THE PAIN :neverusethis:

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent.
now to find something for Train  :corn

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm also very happy to see you open to video game scores on here. That gives me ideas. :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
WELCOME TO REALITY BE READY FOR THE TRAIN :jamaritard:

Offline Lethean

Here's a possibly stupid question - how do you send an MP3 in a PM?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm also very happy to see you open to video game scores on here. That gives me ideas. :)
I love some good soundtracks, but they're sadly banned for this roulette just in case :P

Just upload it to mega.nz and send me the link.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Just make sure it's of the "super lo-fi, recorded in a bathroom" variety.

I'm tempted to send something by NǽnøĉÿbbŒrğ VbëřřĦōlökäävsŦ for the practice round just for shiggles.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i'm sending bull of heaven's 2 billion year song so that the roulette never starts

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just make sure it's of the "super lo-fi, recorded in a bathroom" variety.

I'm tempted to send something by NǽnøĉÿbbŒrğ VbëřřĦōlökäävsŦ for the practice round just for shiggles.
Only send it if it was recorded with a potato.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

I assume you could try uploading somewhere like Sendspace (don't really keep up with file uploading places but I'm sure there are tons others) and sending the URL via PM. Unless there's an upload feature here

Offline Lethean

I went with good old fashioned youtube.  Maybe if I make it past the elimination I'll sign up for something else (or maybe not...) :)