Author Topic: Sacul's controversial roulette v3. Less frustration™️, A REAL WINNER AT LAST!!!!  (Read 86954 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Hi folks, it's been more than a year (almost two!) since my last roulette, and am ready to run another one. This time I promise more thorough writeups and no limitations on stuff to send :P

Rules
  • Up to 10 12 participants, but if more people sign up, I'll hold a special elimination round. More details if we end up doing one.
  • Goal is to have 8 normal rounds, a final EP one with the top 5 players, and wrap up before March.
  • I'll try my best to get results done within a week of all submissions received.
  • Scoring out of 5, and in case I need quarter of a point, a plus (+) will be added.
  • No bonus points for whatever arbitrary reason.
  • Song limit: 10 minutes. However, you can send only one song up to 18 mins. Applies to all rounds except the EP one.
  • Once an artist is sent, they'll be banned if they score 4 or higher. Lower than that is valid for only one re-entry then banned.
  • Up to two entries per artist in the same round. More than that, I'll only take into account the first two songs submitted. If it's a re-entry, I'll only accept the first track I receive.

Useful links

Favorite roulette albums

Sending guidelines

• 48 hs to send once round results are posted. Past that, thou shalt be shamed in the thread title until you send. My recommendation: make a playlist with songs you want to submit once you sign up for this.
  • Send via PM. If you'd prefer to use email, send your submission to mine.
  • Please check if the artist you want to send is banned! And don't assume if certain bands are banned, you'd be surprised at all the gaps in my collection. So please, check.
  • Preferred entry format is via file, but I'll gladly accept stuff on Spotify, see below.
  • Format priority, in descending order: FLAC/AIFF/APE (anything lossless except WAV), AAC/iTunes purchased, MP3 320 kbps or V0 preferably, but anything at least 192 kbps will be fine. Then Spotify, Bandcamp, or YouTube links.
  • Properly tagged files are not required but highly appreciated.
  • If you don't send a file, I'll get it myself using black magic.
  • If the song is from a particular remaster/remix/rerecording/live release, please note so. Otherwise I'll listen to the original studiio edition.
  • Bootlegs are not allowed. Neither are soundtracks.

Participants

• TAC
  • Elite
  • home
  • Stadler
  • Parama
  • Train of Naught
  • Kattoelox
  • Tomislav95
  • Lethean
  • twosuitsluke
  • jingle.boy
  • Bolsters
  • Puppies_On_Acid
  • Luoto
  • ariich
  • Nekov
  • kingshmegland
  • Evermind
  • wolfking
Results
Positions
Nekov 34.5
ariich 34
Bolsters 33.5
tomislav95 +33
kingshmegland +32.5
Elite 32.5
Train of Naught +32
Parama 31
home 31
Katteolox 31
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:34:07 PM by Sacul »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Banned list
This list will not include every artist that's banned, but rather the most popular ones or those I feel strong about. To see the full list, refer to my RYM profile (under "music", use "Search Saculs78's music for" to browse my ratings by artist, year, genre, etc.). Basically, any album with at least a 4 out of 5 rating in my RYM collection means that artist is banned. Anything with a 3.5 or less, you can send me stuff from them as long as I have no rated that release. Also, some ratings on my to-listen list are outdated so just use them as references.

This section has 3 parts, first one being my very favorite artists, those I hold dear and have explored all or most of their work and enjoy a big part of it. Second part has those I like quite a bit and have explored some of their work. Because there's a huge amount of stuff I feel just positive or neutral about, you can consult that in my RYM by looking at albums in the 3 and 3.5 ratings, or using the search functions for bands before sending. Finally, thought of including all those bands I don't really enjoy much or that bore me.

Favorites

Anathema
Burial
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Liquid Tension Experiment
Nine Inch Nails
Porcupine Tree
Radiohead
Steven Wilson
Ulver

Dig a lot
Air
Akira Yamaoka
Alter Bridge
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man
Between the Buried and Me
Blackfield
Bohren & der Club of Gore
Boris
Brand New
Converge
Darren Korb
David Maxim Micic
Devin Townsend (body of work)
DJ Shadow
Dream Theater
dredg
Ed Harrison
Faith No More
Fishmans
Gazpacho
Gorillaz
Haken
Have a Nice Life
Kashiwa Daisuke
Kendrick Lamar
Kyuss
Massive Attack
Neutral Milk Hotel
Nils Frahm
No-Man
Obsidian Kingdom
Pink Floyd
Portishead
Rage Against the Machine
Rammstein
Riverside
Sigur Rós
Sufjan Stevens
Talk Talk

Not really into
A Tribe Called Quest
Agalloch
Alcest
Animals as Leaders
Autechre
Bass Communion
Bjork
Bon Iver
Car Seat Headrest
Coheed and Cambria
deafheaven
Death
East of the Wall
Electric Wizard
Flying Lotus
Fugazi
Leprous
Mastodon
Metallica
My Bloody Valentine
Ne Obliviscaris
Nirvana
Opeth (except Damnation)
Pain of Salvation
Pearl Jam
Primordial
Stars of the Lid
The Tallest Man on Earth
Tori Amos
Uneven Structure
William Basinki
XTC

During roulette
I'll try keep this updated, tell me if I miss something.

Banned
Andrew Bird
Au4
Bizali
Bjorn Riis
Chris Joss
Daughter
Dave Kerzner
Easily Embarrassed
Eastern High
Echolyn
Georgia
Hybrid
I Mother Earth
Ibrahim Maalouf
Incognito
Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik's Skuggsjá
Jake Bowen
John Cage
Leech
Loreena McKennitt
Losers
Lykke Li
Maribou State
Maybeshewill
Ninet
Oh Wonder
Okkervil River
Papir
Perturbator
Petter Carlsen
Sarah McLachlan
Sia
Sigh
Tame Impala
The Family Crest
The Flaming Lips
The Raconteurs
The Reign of Kindo
The Wishing Tree
White Ward
öOoOoOoOoOo

Available for re-entry
Ab-Soul
Aeolias
Agent Fresco
Amendfoil
Amorphis
Amy Shark
Angra
Apparat
Aquaria
Arcadea
Arcturus
Arstidir
Band of Horses
Blind Guardian
Blonde Redhead
Caligula's Horse
Chaos Divine
Cleric
Dark Empire
Dark Rooms
Deathspell Omega
Delerium
EDEN
Eefje de Visser
Embreach
Eminem
Exist
Frost*
God is an Astronaut
HAIM
IDEK
Iced Earth
InsomniumEefje de Visser
John Frusciante
John Illsley
Kaddisfly
Kardashev
Kiasmos
Kings of Leon
La Dispute
Levin Minnemann Rudess
Long Distance Calling
Mechina
Mewithoutyou
NF
OWEL
Oddland
Ozzy Osbourne
Pagan's Mind
Paradise Lost
Pendragon
Phill Collins
Plini
Seventh Wonder
Shining
Sieges Even
Silversun Pickups
Skyclad
Sleeping In Traffic
Slow Motion Reign
Soen
Stone Temple Pilots
Taylor Swift
The Cat Empire
The Hirsch Effekt
The Mayan Factor
The Mountain Goats
The Ocean
The Pineapple Thief
The Receiving End of Sirens
The River Empires
The Sword
This Day and Age
Threshold
Tove Lo
Trivium
Vasudeva
White Moth Black Butterfly
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:47:52 PM by Sacul »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Tastes
The following section describes pretty much what I like and don't in every one of these genres and subgenres, plus up to 5 of my favorite albums from each and records or bands that I've tried and not enjoyed.

Also, some cool statistics from my RYM: seems most of my ratings are of albums from the 2010's, but the 2000s have the highest rated average and are close in # of scores. However, you can notice a big gap between those and the 90s, and an even bigger one with the rest. What this means is that I'm a modern listener and the further I go back in time, the less likely I am to enjoy an album. Dunno exactly why this happens, I guess I just have a harder time connecting with stuff prior to the 90s, although there are a handful of records I love from those years. Seems I'm the opposite of those "born in le wrong generation" folks :P

Rock

Alternative / Indie Rock

I'm going to be quite loose here as I don't really know much of these, or I've already covered several artists in some of the other genres.

What I like
I think stuff that doesn't sound like a Radiohead, Pixies, The White Stripes, or Muse clone it's welcomed. Stuff that goes into creative directions while still being catchy and enjoyable seems to work best for me, but just very strong songwriting will be fine.

What I don't like
Generic hipster crap. Or generic anything I guess :P

Fav albums
  • Anathema - A Natural Disaster
  • Alter Bridge - Blackbird
  • Faith No More - Angel Dust
  • Arcade Fire - Funeral
  • David Bowie - Earthling

Art / Experimental Rock

This ain't a very clearly defined genre but rather a way to put together rock artists that make music far from conventional dad rock and usually blend genres and styles and try new sounds and song structures. Many "prog" artists I love tend to be classified like this as well.

What I like
Love me atmospheric music, catchy choruses, mix of genres and styles, and much creativity. I tend to prefer modern stuff although there are some oldies I enjoy much.

What I don't like
Kinda hard to tell, but if your music doesn't fit those things above, I likely won't connect with it. There's also something about certain kinds of melodies and chord progressions that were used a lot throughout the 70s that are prominent on, say, David Bowie's output from that era, that I don't enjoy. Some of those cues are present on some modern artists in the indie/alternative rock or post-hardcore scenes. Also, the more experimental stuff can be pretty hit-or-miss.

Fav albums
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
  • Radiohead - OK Computer
  • Gustavo Cerati - Bocanada
  • King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
  • Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning

Post-Rock

I realize I've listened to quite a few post-rock albums, even if I'm not a huge fan of the genre. However, as I've explored it in some interesting ramifications, I've come to know pretty much what works for me and what doesn't.

What I like
I definitely prefer the second wave of the genre, and some of the first wave as well. I like very imaginative, creative music that really merits being called post-rock, and not derivative stuff - Sigur Rós are one of my favorite bands for example. Also some kind of emotional impact is always welcomed. Sampling like GYBE! usually do as well. The best stuff is usually blended with other genres and styles.

What I don't like
Crescendocore like Explosions in the Sky or Mono, just don't. I mean, I don't mind crescendos in my music, but when that's all a band's got, I get bored. Very ambient stuff may not be my cup of tea as well do be careful.

Fav albums
  • Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯A♯∞
  • Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun
  • Ruined Machines - Pressure & Obsession
  • Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
  • Bark Psychosis - Hex

Progressive Rock

Although according to RYM this is the genre with most albums in my collection, I don't really like prog.

What I like
I'm definitely more of a fan of what I call "Atmospheric prog", which is pretty much all those bands from the late 90s and the 2000s commonly labeled as "prog" that have really nothing to do with the 70s genre. These artists tend to focus on simpler song structures, moody and atmospheric pieces, emotional impact, and occasionally using mellotrons or synths, etc. Groups like Anathema, Porcupine Tree (and Steven Wilson's body of work), Riverside, Gazpacho and David Maxim Micic I dig a lot, but also some albums, like Opeth's Damnation, or even Pink Floyd's DSotM and WYWH, and Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn are somehow in this vein. I'd even argue that Radiohead and dredg are a little proggy in this sense.

What I don't like
Technical wankery. Look, I don't mind it as long as it does fit the song and isn't there for the sake of it, like DT often do. Probably why I never got into lots of 70s prog, although I've enjoyed some Yes (CttE has some amazing moments ruined by obnoxious technical sections that come out of nowhere).

And cheese. For some reason, as time goes by, I like cheesy music less and less. Dunno why, just makes me kind of uncomfortable these days. I don't mind a little cheese if the music appeals me in general, but be very careful with this.

So some artists I'm not fond of for other reasons are Rush, Coheed & Cambria, Beardfish, Cardiacs, Pain of Salvation and Genesis.

Fav albums
  • Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
  • Anathema - Weather Systems
  • Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
  • Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition
  • Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn

Shoegaze

I haven't explored this particular genre much, but I like stuff influenced by it.

What I like
I love that wall of sound in many genres, like in Devin Townsend's music...

What I don't like
...however, when that's the only idea a band can pull off, like My Bloody Valentine, well...

Fav albums
  • Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
  • The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
  • Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
  • Slowdive - Souvlaki
  • Deftones - White Pony

Metal

Alternative Metal

I don't even know if this is a genre or just a nice way of not saying "nu-metal", but I'm guiding myself by the albums RYM puts under this, so.

What I like
Unique bands that mix styles and do their own thing. Great riffs, memorable melodies.

What I don't like
Linkin Park or Limp Biskit clones. Avoid at all costs :P

Fav albums
  • Devin Townsend - Addicted
  • OSI - Blood
  • Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
  • Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
  • Tool - Aenima

Death / Black Metal

I've tried both classic and modern music from these genres, and they're not for me.

What I like
I don't mind some growls or blast beats in my music as as it's just an element among other ideas. Just making it the focal point of the music won't work with me.

What I don't like
Basically anything that can fit quite into these genres. Even hipster stuff like Alcest and Deafheaven aren't my thing at all. So be extremely careful when sending something like this. I've also tried Opeth beyond Damnation (which I love), Agalloch to no avail.

Fav albums
  • Obsidian Kingdom - Mantiis

Progressive Metal

I guess you could say this is the genre that got me into music as a whole, thus I've had some time to explore it and know pretty much what I like, but there's still space for surprises.

What I like
As usual, blend of styles, very creative ideas, strong songwriting, etc. Basically anything that you can't use the word "generic" to describe it.

What I don't like
Dream Theater clones or Djent stuff like Animals as Leaders. Just don't. Also same comment about cheese I made before stands here as well. For some reason I don't really like it when it's mixed with Thrash or Power Metal.

Fav albums
  • Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
  • Liquid Tension Experiment - Liquid Tension Experiment 2
  • Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
  • Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition
  • David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0

Symphonic / Power Metal

It seems most people who get into metal have had a phase in which they've inevitably listened to this genre and have sticked to it or moved on. I was never into these and several roulettes and Plug.dj sessions have just reaffirmed my believes.

What I like
Uuuhhh... I like the Wheel of Time song by Blind Guardian because it's well-written and epic, but that's about it.

What I don't like
Basically everything  :lol They're just one of those genres in which there are like a million bands that all sound very similar to each other and could be described as generic, some way cheesier than others. They just don't float my boat, but you're welcome to try at your own risk.

Fav albums
  • Can't really think of any.

Electronic
Downtempo
This is more of a loose label for electronic music that's just chill and relaxing.

What I like
A great atmosphere, soft vocals, analog keyboards/synths, warm, soft beats, simple melodies, somehow catchy songs. Air are a great band on this regard.

What I don't like
Generic sounds, really. Any artist using preset sounds just bores the crap out of me. For some reason I'm not a big fan of Boards of Canada - I know they're IDM or whatever, but their music is pretty relaxing yet not really appealing to me for the most part.

Fav albums
  • Air - Moon Safari
  • Morcheeba - Big Calm
  • Darren Korb - Transistor OST
  • Röyksopp - Melody A.M.
  • Hooverphonic - A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular

Experimental

Another loose label for stuff that blends many genres or just doesn't really fit anywhere (or that I'm too lazy to make a separate entry for).

What I like
Curious mixture of styles, sounds, ideas, great melodies, etc.

What I don't like
Overly pretentious crap, harsh noise, excessive glitches. Lack of melodies.

Fav albums
  • Burial - Untrue
  • Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music I
  • Radiohead - Kid A
  • Ulver - Perdition City
  • Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill 3 OST
Trip-hop
It's one of my favorite genres so I've listened to a LOT of this stuff but there's still much left to explore. Trip-Hop influences on other genres is always a plus for me.

What I like
Creative ideas, mix of styles, memorable melodies. Lo-fi beats. Great atmosphere. Emotional impact.

What I don't like
Artists like Tricky bore me, his songs are very basic in terms of songwriting and structure and get boring quick. Stuff that just imitates the big names and does nothing unique at all is not my thing. I kinda dislike moaning female vocals on this (and in general).

Fav albums
  • Massive Attack - Mezzanine
  • Saltillo - Ganglion
  • Portishead - Dummy
  • DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days

Others

Ambient / Drone

This tends to be more of a miss than a hit kind of music for me.

What I like
Very interesting, unique soundscapes. Music with ambient sections, mostly heavy or intense stuff. Short tracks. Laidback music in general. I think I just don't really like ambient / drone music on its pure form but I can love records with much influence from it. I like some drone metal like Boris' Feedbacker.

What I don't like
Pure synths, just no. Very sparse songwriting. Stuff that only works as background music. Drone metal like Boris' Flood, stuff that drags with no interesting riffs.

Fav albums
  • Ulver - Shadows of the Sun
  • Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill 2 OST
  • Bohren & der Club of Gore - Black Earth
  • The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
  • Devin Townsend - Ghost

Art / Dream / Progressive / Chamber / Ambient / Synth Pop // Pop Rock

I don't know much pop music so decided to put all these into one thing.

What I like
Catchy melodies of course, but that don't feel derivative. Creative or unusual instrumentation like Kate Bush and St. Vincent. Focus on songwriting in general instead of just catchy ideas. I like music with some emotional impact.

What I don't like
Generic radio pop like Carly Rae Jepsen or Grimes. Catchiness based solely on repeating the same words over and over is not very good in general.

Fav albums
  • Blackfield - Blackfield II
  • Fishmans - Uchu Nippon Setagaya
  • Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
  • Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar
  • No-Man - Together We're Stranger

Folk

I don't think I've really explored much of this but I like some of what I've heard.

What I like
Creative, heartfelt melodies. Very honest performances. Unique styles. Varied instrumentation (piano is always welcomed).

What I don't like
Lyrics-driven songs with boring instrumentation, like Bob Dylan. Or any Dylan clone. Generic singer-songwriter stuff.

Fav albums
  • Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
  • Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man - Out of Season
  • Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
  • Marketa Irglova - Muna
  • The Angels of Light - How I Loved You

Hip-Hop / Instrumental Hip-Hop

I'm pretty new to this and don't know much stuff and am open to more!

What I like
I think I tend to prefer modern records and experimental stuff, like Death Grips, despite not being a huge fan of them. J Dilla, Nujabes, Deltron 3030, and DJ Krush are ok. I love DJ Shadow and some Aesop Rock.

What I don't like
Tried some old-school stuff like ATCQ, Beastie Boys, and N.W.A. but they weren't really my cuppa tea.

Fav albums
  • Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
  • clipping. - CLPPNG
  • Blue Sky Black Death - Late Night Cinema
  • DJ Shadow - The Private Press
  • Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Industrial

I really need to explore more of this so any entries are welcome.

What I like
I love NIN because of how varied Reznor's albums are, always exploring different sounds while making all these catchy songs, even when they're brutal. I also like Rammstein, their music is simpler but very catchy and fun, they've got their own style. But I'm curious about the more experimental, electronic side of this genre, want to delve into Coil, Throbbing Gristle, and such one day. I like industrial influences in my music.

What I don't like
I think any clones of the above bands? I know this tends to be an edgy genre, but I prefer when it doesn't go too much over the board, to the point of being ridiculous. Tunes that are just catchy and don't try anything interesting bore me.

Fav albums
  • Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
  • Rammstein - Mutter
  • Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill OST
  • Algiers - The Underside of Power

Modern / Classical Music

Another little genre I haven't explored but dig what I know. Well, some of it.

What I like
Beautiful melodies, and unique takes. Although I'm kind of tired of typical orchestral music, Skyrim's soundtrack was very nice and varied. I like some old-school composers like Bach and Beethoven although I haven't really explored that part of music a lot.

What I don't like
Clint Masell and A Winged Victory for the Sullen bore me, they sound like every other generic movie soundtrack. Stars of the Lid too. I guess I don't like stuff that relies a lot on just string sections. Or that feels meandering.

Fav albums
  • Nils Frahm - Spaces
  • Mario Galaxy Orchestra - Super Mario Galaxy: Original Soundtrack
  • Ulver With Tromsø Chamber Orchestra - Messe I.X–VI.X
  • Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music II
  • Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire

Jazz

I really want to delve into more jazz but have been quite cautious about it, so have only explored a tiny fraction of it, it's even barely scratching the surface.

What I like
I think I tend to prefer modern stuff, mostly fused with other genres, or just unique takes on it. I really like Dark Jazz and noir vibes. I like Miles Davis' Kind of Blue too, although I tend to lose interest during the last two tracks.

What I don't like
I guess stuff that's too complex and heavily improvised so it feels "meandering".

Fav albums
  • Bohren & der Club of Gore - Sunset Mission
  • BADBADNOTGOOD - III
  • Snarky Puppy - Family Dinner: Volume One
  • SOIL&“PIMP”SESSIONS - Pimp Master
  • Fire! Orchestra - Enter

Punk / Post-Hardcore / Metalcore

Another way of putting all of these together because why not :P

What I like
Definitely some sort of emotional impact, I like angry music. Stuff that just feels heavy for heaviness' sake tends to bore me unless there's some great songwriting behind it. I love stuff that mixes genres and styles, or just pushes a lot the limits of what can be done within its genre.

What I don't like
Chaotic music with no emotional impact. A lot of Mathcore could be put here. Albums that feel like the same song over and over again. For some reason some typical 2000s melodies like those used on At the Drive-In's RoC don't really appeal me.

Fav albums
  • Between the Buried and Me - Colors
  • Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
  • Converge - Jane Doe
  • Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
  • The Stooges - Fun House

World Music / Traditional Folk

I've always had a knack for this kind of stuff, so don't know why I haven't explored it more.

What I like
I love some traditional japanese music, as well as some middle East sounds, and definitely have a sweet spot for Celtic folk. Although I haven't listened to any "pure" album in this sense, I've always enjoyed it in my music, mostly contemporary stuff like Dead Can Dance and Mike Oldfield. Gazpacho usually put lots of these sounds in their music.

What I don't like
I don't really know, I guess I'd be bored with a purely traditional record/song? I definitely prefer a modern twist on the stuff I know.

Fav albums
  • Various Artists - Okami OST
  • Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn
  • Gazpacho - March of Ghosts
  • Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
  • Theodor Bastard - Vetvi
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:01:47 PM by Sacul »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll join. You guys were all cool enough to join mine.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
yeah. In to send shit
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
 I'm in boi!  ;D
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Hat, ring.  Ring, hat. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i do it

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Tit for tat, sign me up boiii
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I'm hesitant to ever do these things because I'm not sure if I have enough stuff to impress, but I'll give it a shot.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm hesitant to ever do these things because I'm not sure if I have enough stuff to impress, but I'll give it a shot.
Don't worry, check the banned list and my RYM profile to see if you've got enough to send :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I just don't have hundreds of underground albums, so I always feel inferior  :lol But looking at your lists, I think there's plenty I can share with you. Let's do this.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Tomislav95

tl; dr. I'm in.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Lethean

I'll give it a shot. (And use up all the Stratovarius before Firewings)...

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have one trip hop album...

I'm in  :corn

Online twosuitsluke

I try to send stuff that some of the young 'uns may not have heard mixed in with newer stuff. My main source of obscure stuff is the Spotify 'Discover Weekly' playlist, it's a friggin' gold mine. It does help that I kinda know what the regular posters like now. Not that it's likely to help me  :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have updated the third post with what I like in several genres, and there are more to come.

Registrations are open until Friday included, and only then I'll ask you to start submitting.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'll give it a shot. (And use up all the Stratovarius before Firewings)...

Damn it  :lol

EDIT: Sacul, it sucks that you're not into symphonic/power metal. There is SO much variety and I'm chomping at the bit to show you stuff from there, but I will be EXTREMELY cautious and chew on my picks before even thinking of sending them to you ;)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I'm gonna send various east of the wall side projects all roulette as payback for putting them on your meh list  :corn

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Don't have time for Roulettes but I wouldn't join this one because I know i'd be in worst than last place
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
results when

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Maybe after another Top 100 Christmas Songs list is over :P

EDIT: Added Mastodon, Metallica, Bjork, Animals as Leaders, and Coheed and Cambria to the "Not into" list.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:33:05 PM by Sacul »

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline Tomislav95

You broke my heart, man :'(
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

You broke my heart, man :'(

+1

Along with this:

EDIT: Added Coheed and Cambria to the "Not into" list.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Edit: Nevermind
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
If you'll take another, I'll join - most likely as a 'one-and-done' contestant.  I finished last in your 1st roulette, so I'm sure I could at least equal that.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
The more the merrier!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
So this being my first roulette, when does the first round begin?  :corn

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

Death / Black Metal

does not compute..

---

furthermore, thanks for the very thorough assessment of your own tastes :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
If you'll take another, I'll join - most likely as a 'one-and-done' contestant.  I finished last in your 1st roulette, so I'm sure I could at least equal that.   :lol

Hey!  That's my spot!   Find your own position!   :) :) :) :)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I kinda want to send the track I sent to Train because I think of all people on DTF you might actually like it, but I don't have the time and will to commit to two roulettes at once, so I'll pass, sorry. I will follow this and occasionally leave a comment or two, though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
So this being my first roulette, when does the first round begin?  :corn
I'm leaving registrations open until Friday and we'd begin that day :P

Death / Black Metal

does not compute..
I mean, it has some black metal sections here and there, and it's kinda the only album with those parts I could think of, so :P

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
WTF is "shoegaze"?

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Something like this :P