Author Topic: Have you ever wished that you were someone else?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline The Jester

Have you ever wished that you were someone else?
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:00:47 AM »
Traded places in your mind
It's only a waste of your time.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Have you ever wished that you were someone else?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:52:41 AM »
inb4thesock
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
Only Hef.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:04:27 AM »
Generally no, but if it's the last person to see Margot Robbie step out of the shower, I'm game to check it out for a while. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:16 AM »
If I did that, I'd get caught in the maze and lose my way home.  :neverusethis:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »
I forgot this song was a thing...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 12:52:07 AM »
Well, since you asked...
I wish I was someone who was free from autism.  Although I am high functioning, it's affected many parts of my life.  It caused me to miss seeing one of my favorite bands live, I don't think I'll ever get over that disappointment.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline The Jester

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 11:07:28 AM »
I wish I was someone who was free from autism.  Although I am high functioning, it's affected many parts of my life.  It caused me to miss seeing one of my favorite bands live, I don't think I'll ever get over that disappointment.
I have dyspraxia (which is similar to autism but isn't necessarily recognised on "the spectrum") and mental health problems (depression, PTSD, anxiety) and I often wish that I did not have these because they have affected all parts of my life and caused me to not enjoy some things like concerts as much as I should have.
However, I try to remember that these don't define who I am and I don't let them dictate my future.
Likewise your autism does not define who you are. I don't know what age you are, but I am sure you will have other opportunities in the future to do things like going to see your favourite bands and I hope you are in a position to be able to go to these events and enjoy them.
All the best!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »
There are two specific people in general with whom I'd like to trade lives. Their lives are like my ideal life, if I ever could wish it by just writing it down, down to the last detail. It's insane. One of them got her shot through pure luck and being fucking supermodel gorgeous so I can't exactly emulate her path. The other one, I can and will try, no Single White Female shit, just working on the same areas she's been working at and seeing where it takes me.

It's interesting that I'm not really envious or jealous. I just look at them or talk to them sometimes and think "man, you're living the life", but I know there's also some younger girls looking up to me thinking that about me who don't know how my most personal life is a wreck.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
Not a day goes by that I don't wish that I was Kevin Moore.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.