Author Topic: Your Alternate Lyrics to Songs  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Your Alternate Lyrics to Songs
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:08:57 AM »
Back when we were kids, my buddy and I would make up alternate lyrics to popular songs to amuse ourselves. Think quasi-Weird Al but with a slightly more twisted (inappropriate) bend to it. Stan (my buddy) was much better at it than I was and he called the practice “perverting a song.” And it wasn’t just songs we didn’t like or heard too much, nothing was sacred. I’ve long suspected that more people do this, so I’m soliciting DTF for your favorite alternative lyrics.

WARNING: Once you hear them, it may be all you hear in the future, so, if you have a favorite song you don’t want ruined for ever after, you may not want to read this thread.

Example:  Phil and I were going to dinner one night and while he was driving Bachman Turner Overdrive’s - You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet came over the radio. Phil said, “I love this song” and turned up the radio and we both were singing along. When I sang, “…and then she looked at me with those big brown eyes and said; I ain’t felt nothing yet; b-b-baby is that as big as it’ll get; here’s something…there’s something…no, not quite yet; b-b-baby I just ain’t felt nothing yet; you ain’t very big around…” [cue: soaring guitar melody], Phil looked at me with horror in his eyes, groaned, laughed and then lamented, “I’ll never be able to not hear that!”. I asked him about it twenty years later and he said he still can’t listen to that song.

Now, U.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
Re: Your Alternate Lyrics to Songs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:20 AM »
Weeelllll we hadda suck a lot of penis
We always fondled balls on Mars

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 06:12:30 AM »
Let me guess, Space-fuckin'?  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 06:41:33 AM »
Whenever Brown-Eyed Girl plays at work, I hum the main line as "Brown-Eyed Squirrel."

The Beatles' Let It Be, for me, always becomes, "Let her pee" (although I play it off to some like I am saying, "The letter 'p'" so I can turn it around and say they have a sick mind for thinking I am saying "let her pee." :lol).

A buddy and I have done countless Judas Priest parodies over the years based on Rob Halford's sexual preference (all of which are in a good fun, not meant to be mean-spirited in any way), but I am pretty sure many of them would not be forum-friendly. :lol :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:44:40 AM »
Co-worker of mine always yells out alternate lyrics at work when some songs come on. Instead of 'glycerine' (the Bush song) he says 'Listerine' and the Nirvana song All Apologies he says 'Larry' in the chorus instead of 'married' :P

And of course the old classic 'there's a bathroom on the right'...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
I always remembered a movie (I think it was Arthur), and the lyrics to "My Girl" were replaced with "Myself".

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
Myself (myself, myself)
Talkin' 'bout myself (myself)

And. So. On.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »
Then there is the obvious:

Pull my finger, pull my finger
Pull my finger, don't be afraid
All that I've had is tuna and wings
Pull it and let my rectum siiiiiing

:metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »
A buddy and I have done countless Judas Priest parodies over the years based on Rob Halford's sexual preference (all of which are in a good fun, not meant to be mean-spirited in any way), but I am pretty sure many of them would not be forum-friendly. :lol :lol

:lol  Oh, boy, my imagination is running wild now.  :biggrin:

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »
Oh man, writing parodies was one of my favorite hobbies back in high school and college. One of my best friends and I would write them (mostly to Rush or DT songs) and share them with each other, laughing hysterically. I think I still have them somewhere, might have to dig them up.

Revisiting this idea, someone *has* to parodize “Lump” by the Presidents of the USA and call it “Trump”. Yes, Weird Al already has “Gump”,  but there’s so many opportunities to lampoon things!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »
He's Trump! He's Trump!
What's with that hair?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
The Beatles' Let It Be, for me, always becomes, "Let her pee" (although I play it off to some like I am saying, "The letter 'p'" so I can turn it around and say they have a sick mind for thinking I am saying "let her pee." :lol).

Speaking of The Beatles, one of my favorites is sung to the tune of Yesterday.

Leprocy
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's big pieces falling off of me
O, I believe it's Leprocy

Why my tongue fell out
I don't know
I couldn't say
I said
mmmaaaauuuaack
Now I know
It's leprocy-eee-eee-eee

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
Whenever Brown-Eyed Girl plays at work, I hum the main line as "Brown-Eyed Squirrel."

I see I'm not the only one to do this.

I remember years ago I did a few to the tune of Eric Clapton's Cocaine. Propane, Rogaine, and Ass Pain come to mind.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 01:36:40 PM »
Me and one of my friends tried to do a breakfast based version of A Rite of Passage but the only bit I can remember years later is that the title became I'd Like a Sausage

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 01:50:31 PM »
Boner of a Lonely Heart

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
Get your back cracked do it again,
Pains running down my spine,
Get your back cracked do it again....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:54:34 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 02:51:18 PM »
"No food is wasted
 I like to taste it
 The turkey's basted
 Endless Appetite..
  :natalieportman:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »

Speaking of The Beatles, one of my favorites is sung to the tune of Yesterday.

Leprocy
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's big pieces falling off of me
O, I believe it's Leprocy

Why my tongue fell out
I don't know
I couldn't say
I said
mmmaaaauuuaack
Now I know
It's leprocy-eee-eee-eee

God that's actually hilarious

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 03:27:30 PM »
And I'm Freeeee
freeee-balling.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 09:03:07 AM »
Nothing beats Bruce Dickinson wailing, "Can I Make A Sandwich?"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
I bought these two books a while back:

https://smile.amazon.com/Hes-Got-Whole-World-Pants/dp/0684825090/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512413785&sr=8-1&keywords=he%27s+got+the+whole+world+in+his+pants

https://smile.amazon.com/Scuse-While-Kiss-This-Guy/dp/0671501283/ref=pd_sbs_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0671501283&pd_rd_r=Y6VTYHKM3F4K81VPQFXF&pd_rd_w=ukCFA&pd_rd_wg=gbE5L&psc=1&refRID=Y6VTYHKM3F4K81VPQFXF

Some absolutely hilarious stuff in both of them.  I can't remember most of it, but the one that really got me was Every Breath You Take by the Police.  There's a line where Sting sings, "How my poor heart breaks," and I always thought he was singing something about being a "pool hall ace."  I didn't really like the song, so I never gave it much thought and assumed it made sense in the context of the rest of the song.  I was genuinely surprised when I learned what he was really singing.

In a different vein, my best friend and I used to work at a Baskin-Robbins in a local mall, and we made up fake lyrics for the heavy section of "Cygnus (Bringer of Balance)" section of Rush's Hemispheres.  We were poking fun at the guy who owned the store, who is a bit overweight.  Part of it went like this:  "[My name] was astonished; [my friend's name] thought him mad; but we saw his belly further and we wondered and were sad.  Looking out at the mall; it's a world of doubt and fear; his belly extending into the Southern Hemisphere."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 07:10:37 AM »
The restroom door said gentlemen
So I just walked inside
I'd like to find the creep who had the nerve
To switch the sign
Now I've got two black eyes
And a high heel up my behind
No, I'll never sit with comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
No, I'll never sit with comfort and joy

:biggrin:

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 02:01:02 AM »
Ooh I cant take your bitching anymore
I cant get word in edgewise anymore
and if I have to hold you to the floor
or throw you through the door
Baby, I cant take your bitching anymore
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 07:42:01 AM »
I've always loved Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Pet Shark".
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »
I've always loved Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Pet Shark".

I've some alternate lyrics to that song that would probably get me banned. :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
One I heard in high school from a fellow choir mate (that still cracks me up)--

Her name is Rio
And she dances on my face