Author Topic: Future Man (Hulu)  (Read 1770 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Future Man (Hulu)
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:19:46 AM »
Who else is watching?

I'm shocked how much I'm enjoying this show so far. I'm 8 or 9 episode in.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Future Man (Hulu)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »
I watched a couple episodes.

I don't love it, but also don't hate it. It's on my "watch when I can't find something else to watch" list.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
Almost done with it.

I actually really like it. It's a tough show to actually describe though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:45:33 AM »
Almost done with it.

I actually really like it. It's a tough show to actually describe though.

I have two episodes left and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I'm enjoying. I think it's gotten better with every episode and no episode has felt like filler. It has a good balance of seriousness and humor and I love all the little BTTF references. I highly recommend it to anyone that's on the fence.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:13 AM »
I got around to finishing this last night. I enjoyed this show a lot and I look forward to season two.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »
Anyone else end up watching this show? I just wrapped up the second season last night and thought it was great. I might have liked it more than the first. I'm going to have to watch it again to make sure.

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
Anyone else end up watching this show? I just wrapped up the second season last night and thought it was great. I might have liked it more than the first. I'm going to have to watch it again to make sure.

What a really....REALLY....weird show.

I love it. The ending to the 2nd season totally caught me off guard. Am pumped for a 3rd season.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »

What a really....REALLY....weird show.

I love it. The ending to the 2nd season totally caught me off guard. Am pumped for a 3rd season.

Dude, same! I dig it though, like a lot. I don't mind getting an entirely new adventure every time with everything being connected to some larger story in a way. I haven't a clue where they're going to take the third season. I don't know if the entire season is going to revolve around that arena they're being sent to, or if someone is going to TTD there way in there and get them out some how. Wolf was absolutely fantastic this season. I think he stole the show.

We had to pause it during the last episode because I absolutely lost my shit in laughter when Seth Rogan was describing all the shitty timelines their 11 second loop created. The mental image of Josh fucking up and accidentally giving Osama Bin Laden a time machine was something I was completely unprepared for. I couldn't stop laughing.  :lol

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »
Put this on the other day as I was doing some other stuff, just for some background noise and then it just started catching my attention. I ended up paying more and more attention as it was progressing and I was trying to follow the CRAZINESS of what I was hearing, and now seeing. I ended up really enjoying season 1. Will definitely catch up on season 2 this week.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:29 AM »
Saw both seasons right after they came out. I think I like Season 1 better. Season 2 was really bizarre. Haven't heard anything about a 3rd season but I am game. No clue where it goes from where it ended.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:33 PM »
Season 3 just dropped out of nowhere. I must have missed an announcement somewhere. This is the final season.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 09:50:12 PM »
Season 3 just dropped out of nowhere. I must have missed an announcement somewhere. This is the final season.

Whoa. Really? Same here.....never saw a lick about advertisement of S3 starting. Thanks for the heads up.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
That was a super weird last season.

I really liked it, but god damn what an odd show. Sort of a weird mix of Rick and Morty, Futurama, and Legion....but with more dick jokes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
That was a super weird last season.

I really liked it, but god damn what an odd show. Sort of a weird mix of Rick and Morty, Futurama, and Legion....but with more dick jokes.

I watched the first (2) episodes of the final season last night. Gonna try to wrap it up today/tonight. It's a fun show....I'm not expecting anything out of it. It's just a goofy get away while you're watching.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 12:18:05 AM »
Hmmm.  I think there’s a reason that this last season came out of left field unannounced. They might have written it in a weekend and filmed it the next week.

The show is just a silly show and doesn’t take itself seriously......but, it still had SOME sort of ‘story’ to it. This last season was just a mish mash of ideas that were postulated when Rogen and Co. were clearly high. Just made zero sense.

Not a fan of the final season but it’s still a silly ‘fun’ show to watch.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 07:49:55 AM »
That season was good for what it was. I actually really liked the ending though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 09:54:18 AM »
That season was good for what it was. I actually really liked the ending though.

It was nice to see them go that route and not the route of somehow inserting him back into the timeline where he came from where nothing had happened.

Online Adami

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

It was nice to see them go that route and not the route of somehow inserting him back into the timeline where he came from where nothing had happened.

Also the based on a true story bit was pretty funny and unexpected.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »

Also the based on a true story bit was pretty funny and unexpected.

Yeah, that was funny.

It was a 'fun' show....I liked how it made fun of itself and honestly.....the three main characters were fun to follow. Wolf was freaking hilarious.