Author Topic: The Round Window | Album #2 available for pre-order!  (Read 967 times)

Offline Pebsie

The Round Window | Album #2 available for pre-order!
« on: July 08, 2023, 01:12:40 PM »

Hello everyone!

I thought I’d share some info about my band The Round Window.

I’ll keep it short and sweet; we’re a rock band with a range of influences that produce music that doesn’t quite fit into any established genre. “Proglite” would be my preference but we call ourselves “widescreen rock”. All of our songs are pretty long but also pretty accessible with a healthy serving of guitar and synth solos.

We’re a bit of a family project as my dad Rich is the vocalist and main songwriter, I take on keys and backing vocals and my brother is on drums. We also have a fantastic guitarist and fantastic bassist to complete the lineup.

Our first album - self titled, The Round Window - was released in September of last year (2022) and features 8 songs. It was mixed and mastered by Robin Armstrong of Cosmograf and features Angela Gordon of Mostly Autumn playing flute on Victory.

1. The Window [Instrumental] (3:30)
2. Take My Hand (6:26)
3. Among The Clouds (5:29)
4. Victory (7:03)
5. Out Of Time (6:56)
6. Nobody Home (5:18)
7. Avalon (5:35)
8. Another Chance (9:00)

It’s available on all the usual streaming services plus in physical from GravityDream, BandWagon in the USA and other retailers. Also in digital via BandCamp.

Some reviews:

A polished and very mature record that belies the fact it is their first... a high quality release with wonderfully emotive songs and superb musicianship... I can't recommend it enough. - Martin Hutchinson, ProgRadar

The Round Window have created and delivered a truly widescreen work, from delicate but highly atmospheric instrumental opener "The Window" to [the] beautiful nine-minute album closer..." - Rob Muir, FabricationsHQ

A very well crafted, performed and in parts simply gorgeous album which is a very strong statement of intent with a mix of generations that brings hope for the future of intelligent rock music. - Steven Lazenby, Lazland.org

Our second album is now available for pre-order, featuring another 8 songs pulling from a wide range of influences. We've lent a bit more heavily into our proggier side with this album and it's once again with been mixed and mastered by Robin Armstrong. We had the opportunity to record drums with Rob Aubrey this time around and that's elevated the sound quite a bit, plus we have Peter Jones laying down some fantastic sax on track 4.

1. The Tides (10:58)
2. Everywhere & Nowhere (4:59)
3. All Roads Lead Home (5:23)
4. Resist (6:03)
5. Holes (6:20)
6. Ghosts (5:02)
7. Parabellum (8:44)
8. Epilogue (5:22)

Singles 1 & 2 are available to listen to now on streaming. The whole album won't be on streaming services.

You can pre-order the album from us directly or via BandCamp.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:10:21 AM by Pebsie »

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
Re: The Round Window | Debut album out now!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 01:32:34 PM »
Thanks for the post–like the sound! Kinda reminds me of Flying Colors and Spocks Beard, which is a good thing!

You now have another follower on Bandcamp:)

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 06:03:21 AM »
Thanks for the post–like the sound! Kinda reminds me of Flying Colors and Spocks Beard, which is a good thing!

You now have another follower on Bandcamp:)

Aah thank you so much! Can definitely hear the overlap between us and Flying Colors or Spocks but not something I'd considered before.

Offline Pebsie

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 03:09:31 AM »
We've now announced our second album and I've updated the OP :)