Poll

Which band lineup looks better?

Sons Of Apollo
3 (18.8%)
Dream Theater
13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: New Poll....  (Read 1585 times)

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
  • Patch designer with Space4Keys.
New Poll....
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:53 PM »
Not sure why, but someone switched off commenting on my previous poll.  So i cant edit it after i felt it went on long enough to change in order to get different views based on specific questions...
I only ask out of pure curiosity...
And you can only create 1 poll per thread. Otherwise would only need 1 and add a new poll. Which cannot be done..

If creating polls is against rules, then i apologise.
I just thought the purpose behind a poll was to get votes based on the answers. And everyones answers will be different depending on the poll....
Solo Album in the making.....

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: New Poll....
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »
Sons wins that one 3-2, and it's not even close (for either side).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
Not sure why, but someone switched off commenting on my previous poll.  So i cant edit it after i felt it went on long enough to change in order to get different views based on specific questions...
And you can only create 1 poll per thread. Otherwise would only need 1 and add a new poll. Which cannot be done..

I just thought the purpose behind a poll was to get votes based on the answers. And everyones answers will be different depending on the poll....

Dude, your thread was closed because we have enough SOA threads already to discuss things like this.  Move on with the SOA threads mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:11:41 PM »
No

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
Wolfmod! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »
Wolfmod! :metal

;D  I like that haha.  Also,

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »

Dude, your thread was closed because we have enough SOA threads already to discuss things like this.  Move on with the SOA threads mate.

Its the polls.... you can only create 1 poll per thread...
I can't add a poll to a current thread. A new question will always pop up and if i could keep it in one thread then i would. But cant....

Im just thinking of different questions to ask people...
Thats all.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:00 PM »
Have you ever heard of:

Asking a question without a poll

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »

I can't add a poll to a current thread. A new question will always pop up and if i could keep it in one thread then i would. But cant....

Thats all.

If we did a new thread and poll on every single question a person had in relation to every single band that's discussed on here, do you still  think that would be appropriate?

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 02:18:28 PM »
Have you ever heard of:

Asking a question without a poll
A poll is the best way of seeing results. Otherwise im gonna have to literally go through every reply to see who answers what...

A poll is more effective at seeing results and views...

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »

Thats all.

If we did a new thread and poll on every single question a person had in relation to every single band that's discussed on here, do you still  think that would be appropriate?

I would never have a problem with it...
Its a way of seeing views and votes together.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »
If you think it takes a poll to determine whether people here prefer Dream Theater (this website is called Dream Theater Forums) or some generic hard rock band with tacky synths, I really wonder how familiar you are with this place
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »

Thats all.

I think you missed the point mate, or didn't think about what I said.  The forum would be clogged with threads like this on multiple bands and topics, it would be impossible and quite frankly annoying to navigate the forum and really is just silly.

Thats all.

Why do you care so much about the numbers on something that is never going to happen?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »

Sounds like a good idea for a poll.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »
Inb4 hef complains about the quote pyramids and locks this thing
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 02:26:29 PM »
I would welcome it, Nekov, just to see Hef around again.  :)
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:27:15 PM »

Sounds like a good idea for a poll.

In which forum?  All of them?

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »
I would welcome it, Nekov, just to see Hef around again.  :)

Since he posts in Twitter a lot I hadn't noted his abscense here but you are right, I haven't seen a good hef post for a while. Bring back the Hef!
:hefnotoad:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
If you think it takes a poll to determine whether people here prefer Dream Theater (this website is called Dream Theater Forums) or some generic hard rock band with tacky synths, I really wonder how familiar you are with this place

+1.... there's numbers for you

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:06 PM »

Nothing wrong in asking views based on a poll..
Its a discussion forum... gives something to discuss.
I bet no one else has asked these questions....
After all, i have seen questions about games. Iron Maiden. And other things that are not DT related..
Where as asking which lineup looks better...
Its a new direction to see what people think

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »
What would make it better is if with 1 thread... start a new poll within the thread....
Then a new poll wouldnt need to be created each time someone has a question they wish to ask others...

However this doesnt exist here.
So the only way to create a new poll.....

Is to create a new poll

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
I think Sons is fine. Pound for pound I pick DT over any band but I'm bias
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
The problem is, as everyone has already said, there is no need for a poll

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
The problem is, as everyone has already said, there is no need for a poll

But you gotta admit... you will never know what the results would be...
Especially since two people have so far voted SoA...

And yet i havent voted for either..  So even though this is a DT forum, 2 people for now seem to think differently...
And this is what i find interesting...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »
Whichever band has Derek Sherinian... I choose the other
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »
To answer your question:

Labrie vs Soto: Soto
Petrucci vs Thal: Petrucci
Mangini vs Portnoy: Portnoy
Myung vs Sheehan: Myung (always an unfair match-up since Myung is cooler than anyone else on the planet)
Rudess vs Sherinian: Rudess (but only because he's now bald. That long hair he had when he joined the band was an unwise choice)

I make that 3 -2 to DT.

If we're talking group photos, that's essentially a choice between two groups of sullen-looking funereally-dressed aging rockers, and I'm not sure anybody really wins.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
For the most part, polls should go in the polls and survivors subforum if they are mainly for the point of collecting data.  The last thread was fine because it involved lots of substantive discussion.  But if you are going to start a lot of little polls just to collect data, put them there.

But the second thing is, we're not going to have a poll that indirectly is designed to just invite criticism of somebody's looks, no matter which band.  Sorry.  That ain't happening.

EDIT:  Oh, and descriptive thread title, please.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."