Author Topic: Igorrr "Savage Sinusoid" (This has to be one of the craziest things i've heard)  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Schurftkut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBakgOHKI-g

if you're turned off at the start, please go through the first 10mins at least, hear dubstepmetal melt into opera/classical, into 8bit and dance, rock, metal and beyond

Offline Schurftkut

i was excited hearing about MP's project, but i'm actually excited by listening to this new find.

Online ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Sounds fun. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline nattmorker

Sounds interesting, I'm liking it. I've meaning to listen to this for the last month, so thanks for the link. They played here in Mexico in the past months that's how I knew about them (him?).

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
He does bring along the singers sometimes (there's two of them) but on normal club nights it's just the one guy. I've never seen the singers live unfortunately and only seen Igorrr twice which isn't a lot considering how many times he has played near me. I believe he does all the music except vocals himself. Even the chicken samples are recorded from his own chicken. :lol Check out this video if you haven't already, one of the most hilarious things in music that I know of

The new album is very good, but gets dragged down a shitton by the last few songs. Track 5 (Probleme d'emotion) and 1 are good, and all the other tracks from 1 up until 8 range from great to stellar. The last three though, meh. Overall I like this album better than Hallelujah though
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tyrias

He does bring along the singers sometimes (there's two of them) but on normal club nights it's just the one guy. I've never seen the singers live unfortunately and only seen Igorrr twice which isn't a lot considering how many times he has played near me. I believe he does all the music except vocals himself. Even the chicken samples are recorded from his own chicken. :lol Check out this video if you haven't already, one of the most hilarious things in music that I know of

The new album is very good, but gets dragged down a shitton by the last few songs. Track 5 (Probleme d'emotion) and 1 are good, and all the other tracks from 1 up until 8 range from great to stellar. The last three though, meh. Overall I like this album better than Hallelujah though

That chicken video just made my day.

Offline nattmorker

Thanks again for pointing me to this album, in general it's great (with the exception of the last two tracks, but maybe they will grow on me). Which album should I get next? What album would you consider is his best?

Offline majo

discovered them few months ago. their music is... intriguing. love it  :tup
Life's too short to remove USB safely.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
I just got done listening through Savage Sinusoid. It's uh...different. And, often, not really in a good way. There are a lot of really nice moments peppered throughout the album, but there are so many style changes that occur without any rhyme or reason that they lose their effect. It sounds like they're throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks. Granted, it's some really good crap, but it's less a recreation of the Mona Lisa using crap and more one of those "modern art" paintings that was painted by a two year old with crap that looks like a Jackson Pollack ripoff that somehow sold for $4,000,000. It feels like experimentation for the sake of experimentation, rather than trying to create a new form of expression by combining totally disparate styles.

Au Revoir and Houmous, probably the two most sensible tracks, are actually really good though (I actually like Au Revoir a lot, since it flows the best off the album and there's a readily apparent). It's obvious there's a lot of talent and skill here. He has a really good sense of melody (which is something that's usually forgotten in a lot of avant-garde acts, Diablo Swing Orchestra excepted), and all the different styles he uses are done well on their own. It's just that they often don't work in context.

Also, yeah, his chicken videos are fantastic. They were actually my first introduction to Igorrr lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Ressurrecting this topic tosay that Igorrr has booked a string of North American dates...including one in Toronto!!!! Can't wait for that!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osqf4oIK0E8

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
Nice! I’m seeing them live at Lowlands festival in The Netherlands as well. I’ve seen them live once before at a metal festival and was pleasantly surprised. But ‘Spirituality and Distortion’ is really the first time I really like an Igorrr album. So good, I love it. Great production, great ideas, not weirdness-for-weirdnesses-sake but all round an incredibly potent mixture of styles colliding.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .