Author Topic: Richard Chycki says he's currently mixing a DT live album **DO NOT POST LINKS**  (Read 85439 times)

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
(i was trying to be a bit more subtle when saying it was off limits, but okay ;))

Online Architeuthis

Well at least we got Hells Kitchen...  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
So... maybe this means a good thing in terms of a future release?! :corn :corn :corn
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
soon :lol

Offline gzarruk

soon :lol

No more RR, though  :lol

So... maybe this means a good thing in terms of a future release?! :corn :corn :corn

This is a...wait for it... dramatic turn of events. I must say I’m astonished! :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Fritzinger

For me, this can only mean that there's something in the making  :o
any rock can be made to roll

Offline PepeLePew

Re: Richard Chycki says he's currently mixing a DT live album
« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2018, 07:01:43 AM »
***UPDATE***

DO NOT POST/SHARE/REQUEST LINKS TO ANY RECORDINGS OF THIS SHOW.  AS OF NOW, IT IS OFF-LIMITS.

That's all I can say at the moment on the subject, but I just got word that it is off limits, at least for the time being.

:o
This is a good thing, right? RIGHT???
 :metal

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
(i was trying to be a bit more subtle when saying it was off limits, but okay ;))

Appreciated, but subtlety doesn't work around here.  In my case, it just made me want to know why.  Like a little kid, if you tell me I can't do something, my first question is "Why not?"  Not to be obstinate, but because there must be a reason, and I would want to know it.

Offline gzarruk

Should’ve PM’ed Bosk :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Go ahead... Ban me!

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I wouldn't say "in the making," because that makes it sound more definite.  But it is safe to say something is "being considered."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online MirrorMask

Bonus DVD with the deluxe edition of the new album  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I'll say Ytsejam release is looking more plausible. Bucharest was a tv broadcast, they just put the majesty logo over the tv logo.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Anxiety35

I wouldn't say "in the making," because that makes it sound more definite.  But it is safe to say something is "being considered."

Consideration is a positive step. To me, it at least means that the band likes what they see & hear enough to possibly do something with it as it pertains to a release of some sort.

The video for Hell's Kitchen was great. Great audio but great video too. It was easy to watch. I would be a buyer if the show was released.

Offline mikeyd23

After seeing that HK video, I'm glad to hear they are considering something, that footage was really good.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'll say Ytsejam release is looking more plausible. Bucharest was a tv broadcast, they just put the majesty logo over the tv logo.

Yea I agree.  Would be the best quality video for a ytse jam release though.  It's like it's too good for ytse jam, but that just seems the proper place for a TV broadcast.

Offline goo-goo

Could be very plausible for an official live release or an YTSJEAM bootleg. I think this release (if it happens) will ease the wait on the new studio album since JP said in an interview that the release for the new material would be late 2018 (less likely) or early 2019 (most likely).

Online Ben_Jamin

Lets all hit up the band, say "shut up and take my money". Maybe if they see the high demand they'll consider it even more.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
***UPDATE***

DO NOT POST/SHARE/REQUEST LINKS TO ANY RECORDINGS OF THIS SHOW.  AS OF NOW, IT IS OFF-LIMITS.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Trust me, the requests for Budokan release has been forwarded to the right people.

Offline goo-goo

Trust me, the requests for Budokan release has been forwarded to the right people.

Was there a meme involved?  :P

Offline Fritzinger

Sorry for asking something on a completely different topic: Considering an Astonishing Live DVD NOT happening:
Maybe there was a problem with the band now being under contract with InsideOut? Could it be possible that they can't release the Astonishing material on a live DVD because it was a RoadRunner-album?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline goo-goo

Sorry for asking something on a completely different topic: Considering an Astonishing Live DVD NOT happening:
Maybe there was a problem with the band now being under contract with InsideOut? Could it be possible that they can't release the Astonishing material on a live DVD because it was a RoadRunner-album?

I don't think the band even filmed Astonishing shows. So it's not a matter of the footage, it's a matter of setting a one-time show to film it and that would cost money.

It all depends on who owns the rights to the album..Could have been that maybe RR sold the rights to DT's catalog. It's something that the band could clarify later on.

Kscope just bought the masters for Porcupine Tree's Deadwing and In Absentia from Warner/Atlantic and that's why they released the Deadwing and In Absentia vinyls. So it all comes down to what the contract says as far as the music rights go.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

I don't think the band even filmed Astonishing shows. So it's not a matter of the footage, it's a matter of setting a one-time show to film it and that would cost money.

This.  They thought about it, and even tentatively talked about a city to do it in IF they decided to do it.  But they ultimately concluded that it just didn't make financial sense and there wasn't likely to be a high enough demand for it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...

This.  They thought about it, and even tentatively talked about a city to do it in IF they decided to do it.  But they ultimately concluded that it just didn't make financial sense and there wasn't likely to be a high enough demand for it.

I'd so be down for audio though. It's be cool to relisten to the album live after it's sunk in some....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lethean

I'd so be down for audio though. It's be cool to relisten to the album live after it's sunk in some....

So would I.  And for video, I really enjoy what little there is on youtube, just to kind of relive the experience a bit. 

For future live releases - audio or both audio/video, I'd totally be down for a crowd funding campaign.  That way those of us of the "shut up and take my money" mindset can chip in what we will to see it through.  I bet they'd make enough to cover the costs plus a little extra, even though apparently most people these days just watch it on youtube. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

I get that decision from a business standpoint, but they could have done the fan base a solid and lifted the cellphone ban for the final three shows on the second US leg or something once they knew there wouldn't be a legit filming. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Well, (1) They didn't know at that point.  (2) I doubt the cell phone ban was even on their radar at that point.  (3)  Even if it was, I think that might have unintentionally created even more backlash if they did what you are suggesting when fans who were shut down by the "cell phone Nazis" at prior shows would have gotten wind that other fans were allowed to film.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
This secrecy and banning of links makes me moist. Want more. MOAR :neverusethis:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Well, (1) They didn't know at that point.  (2) I doubt the cell phone ban was even on their radar at that point.  (3)  Even if it was, I think that might have unintentionally created even more backlash if they did what you are suggesting when fans who were shut down by the "cell phone Nazis" at prior shows would have gotten wind that other fans were allowed to film.

cell phone Nazis...yeah, like the ass security that ruined my videos of Don't Look Past Me, To Live Forever, and Another Day.  >:( :censored
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline goo-goo

cell phone Nazis...yeah, like the ass security that ruined my videos of Don't Look Past Me, To Live Forever, and Another Day.  >:( :censored

That was up to the venue during the I&W Anniversary tour. Security didn't give a shit in Austin. But it did give a shit (per the band's request) at the Astonishing San Antonio and Denver shows. 

Online Ben_Jamin

That was up to the venue during the I&W Anniversary tour. Security didn't give a shit in Austin. But it did give a shit (per the band's request) at the Astonishing San Antonio and Denver shows.

Thats how it was said for Albq (per request of the band). And I had front row. Didn't stop me from taking a pic. I feel it was more for video as you'll have the phone out longer.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I was right up against the stage at the Reno show on the second leg of the Astonishing tour, and the front of the stage was lined with printed signs saying no pics or video.  I respected that and didn't take any pics or video of the show (I was literally about 10 feet from JP, and I'm sure he would have smacked me with his guitar if I had tried).  But I couldn't resist taking an irreverent selfie of myself next to one of the signs after the show.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I was right up against the stage at the Reno show on the second leg of the Astonishing tour, and the front of the stage was lined with printed signs saying no pics or video.  I respected that and didn't take any pics or video of the show (I was literally about 10 feet from JP, and I'm sure he would have smacked me with his guitar if I had tried).  But I couldn't resist taking an irreverent selfie of myself next to one of the signs after the show.  :lol

In St. Louis, I snapped a photo of the stage after getting into my seat, when the house lights were still on.  Rules are for tools, man :2metal:

Seriously though, it was pretty nice taking a look back throughout the show and seeing no cell phones out. Never had a concert experience like it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Both TA show, the camera nazi's were out, but 2/3 of the I&W&B shows they didn't care.  The other one, the NJ show, they said pictures were fine, but no prolonged video.  It seemed that last tour was up to the venue I guess.  My I&W&B video on youtube was mostly from the Dallas show where they didn't care at all and the NYC show where they cared more about where I put my cup than my camera. 

The no phone policy is starting to hurt bands.  A Perfect Circle is constantly getting destroyed on social media for their strict policy.  Apparently the Misfits concert I am going to will have a really strict policy too that has social media in a storm.  It really makes people mad and turn on their favorite bands and leaves people with the feeling that "if they don't want people taking video, it's because their performance sucks".  I don't personally like the policy but it doesn't stop me from going to see my favorite bands.  I am curious about this Misfits show though and how it'll work.