Author Topic: 11/04/17 - Peoria, IL Show  (Read 5686 times)

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
Re: 11/04/17 - Peoria, IL Show
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 08:57:51 PM »
This tour the KC folks had to travel to Wichita, and based on the size of the crowd around me in Wichita, a lot of them didn’t make the drive.  DT needs to skip Wichita and stick to KC or Tulsa in the future.

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »
This was a really fun show.  I really liked the way they ended...As I Am (I think).  My memory might not be serving me well, but I remember Mangini doing some sort of polymetric sort of thing, though that might not be the right word, at the end of some song.  Either way, I loved it. 

I was not down in the floor area and had a good view of the crowd.  There were some patches of people that were really rocking out, while other spots it was like a stagnant lake.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 07:06:03 PM »
This was a really fun show.  I really liked the way they ended...As I Am (I think).  My memory might not be serving me well, but I remember Mangini doing some sort of polymetric sort of thing, though that might not be the right word, at the end of some song.  Either way, I loved it. 

I was not down in the floor area and had a good view of the crowd.  There were some patches of people that were really rocking out, while other spots it was like a stagnant lake.

That's a Dream Theater crowd for you.  I had seen some bootlegs where the audience was sitting...even up front.  I was scared that was going to happen.  Thankfully the crowd was really into it. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »
I liked that they tied Enter Sandman into the end of As I Am.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Oh yeah.  Lots of little surprises like that.  I loved the petrucci solo spot too.  Can't remember what song they did that in the middle of but it flowed so nicely.  Drum solo in the middle of Metropolis (I think) was cool also. 

Offline jsbru

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 11:55:14 PM »

That's a Dream Theater crowd for you.  I had seen some bootlegs where the audience was sitting...even up front.  I was scared that was going to happen.  Thankfully the crowd was really into it.

I was in the second row thanks to you  :laugh:, and I told the people on either side of me and in front of me that we're the ones to set the tone...if we stand, everyone else behind us will stand--either by just following the leader, or by necessity in order to see.

And I told them that standing is not a sure thing since this was DT and we were in Peoria to top it off.  :\

Show was so good, though, that people would have stood probably no matter what we did.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline musicman61554

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »
Yea as soon as the band came out BOOM we all stood up in the front row and I was like "HERE WE GO!!!!!"    Man Im still excited about the show.