Author Topic: Sherinian: "I'm primarily responsible for" Hell's Kitchen and Lines in the Sand  (Read 6003 times)

Offline PetFish

He's also primarily responsible for turning me off to Sons Of Apollo.

Preach.

Offline PetFish

A pity you can't separate the music from the musicians. This is like the people who can't enjoy Neal Morse simply because he's Christian and writes religious lyrics sometimes. You don't have to like the person to enjoy the music. I don't like Steven Wilson, but I enjoy his music.

But well.. your loss.

The Cosby Show was amazingly well-written and superbly acted and had a lot of great lessons about family life and growing up along with lots of literary, political, and music history interspersed throughout so we should just forget about Bill Cosby's personal problems and still watch and support the show in syndication, right?

Personally, I'm pissed off that I can't show my daughter this show the way things are right now but that's the way it is.

Why would I support *any* artist whom I find to be a moral douche suit?  Why would I give them money to continue to be a moral douche suit?  I *did* support MP by buying his drum DVDs even though I'm not a drummer, so there you go, paying him even though I don't know what I'm doing with the actual product other than supporting him, so what do you say about that?

Offline Sycsa

Did you forgive Kramer?

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Architeuthis

Hey I still love Fat Albert and the gang. If the allegations against Bill Cosby are true, Fat Albert would be most disappointed.
 He would say: "HEY, HEY HEY that's not ok"..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:41:14 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline PetFish

Did you forgive Kramer?

If you're talking to me, then yes, of course I can forgive people for an occasional mistake or slip-up, nobody's perfect, and don't be like "oh, then you must also forgive murderers and rapists" cuz that's not even close to the same thing.

What I can't condone is constant douchery, or a history of douchery, especially when said douchery is attempted to be discussed rationally with the person acting that way and rather than trying to understand they double-down on the douchery.

Offline Drinktheater

Guys may I ask for your opinion about what is the message of lines in the sand?

Is it about being like Jesus?  Or the message is about living a good life.
And she listens openly

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Guys may I ask for your opinion about what is the message of lines in the sand?

Is it about being like Jesus?  Or the message is about living a good life.

No, I think it's more generally about struggling with coming to terms with one's own faith, whatever that may be, in the face of religious institutions that may have customs/practices that one disagrees with.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought it was about dining with illegal immigrants.

Offline ChuckSteak

Why would I support *any* artist whom I find to be a moral douche suit?  Why would I give them money to continue to be a moral douche suit?  I *did* support MP by buying his drum DVDs even though I'm not a drummer, so there you go, paying him even though I don't know what I'm doing with the actual product other than supporting him, so what do you say about that?
You are in no way obligated to support the artists you like or not. You can listen to their music with streaming devices, youtube or illegal download. There are lots of people who can't afford to buy cds/dvds/vinyls and they listen to it that way. Most of the money goes to the record companies anyway. If you wanna support the artist, go to his concert.

And again: when I see Mike playing live or when I listen to a band he's involved in, I couldn't care less what he said about DT or how he behaves on social media. I enjoy the music and I have a good time. I am not saying I agree with how he acts. I don't have to agree. But I can enjoy the music without letting that interfere.

On topic: Hell's Kitchen and Lines In The Sand are two of my favorite tracks from FII.