Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 233422 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #700 on: December 10, 2017, 06:00:05 AM »
#Starwarsgeeks
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #701 on: December 10, 2017, 06:04:22 AM »
Good morning everyone. 6 inches of snow here, looks beautiful

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #702 on: December 10, 2017, 07:17:24 AM »
Just finished snowblowing myself.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #703 on: December 10, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »
You blew yourself?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2017, 07:26:58 AM »
If I could do that boy would I be making a lot more money.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #705 on: December 10, 2017, 07:38:23 AM »
If I could do that boy would I be making a lot more money.

Or you'd be broke.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #706 on: December 10, 2017, 07:43:12 AM »
Good morning all. Sure did appreciate that snow yesterday turning what should have been a six hour drive home into an eight and a half hour drive.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: December 11, 2017, 03:02:47 AM »
Morning

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #708 on: December 11, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »
Morning Reap.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #709 on: December 11, 2017, 04:22:28 AM »
On the flight heading home can’t wait to take a nap

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: December 11, 2017, 06:59:23 AM »
Morning chumps.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #711 on: December 11, 2017, 07:03:04 AM »
Morning King Chump.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: December 11, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »
That's HRH Chump to you.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #713 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:33 AM »
I had to Google that one, sir. :lol

The coolest day forecast for the next week is 33C/91F. It's going to be a long week.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #714 on: December 11, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »
For the Christmas season we as a family get together and get a Christmas wreath and go to Mom's grave. Then we go out as a family and eat. It's my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and my dad.

Very nice.

6 inches of snow here.   

We have probably 3 down here. But the muck at the end of the driveway from the plows requires firing up the snow blower.

Blob, see my retweet I just posted.  Tweet of the year! :lol

WTF is a tweet??

Have I ever mentioned that TAC is my favorite poster here?    "WTF is a tweet?".  Man after my own heart.  Not in a gay way. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #715 on: December 11, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
WTF is a tweet??

Have I ever mentioned that TAC is my favorite poster here?    "WTF is a tweet?".  Man after my own heart.  Not in a gay way.

For you, this seems sig-worthy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: December 11, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »

The coolest day forecast for the next week is 33C/91F. It's going to be a long week.

-6C here when I woke up this morning, and snow in the forecast for tonight.  It too is going to be a long week.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: December 11, 2017, 08:32:16 AM »
Well the attempted terrorist attack has been fun, made my commute absolutely miserable, but the video of his attempt, while scary cause of how serious it could have been, is actually kind of funny cause of how big of a failure that guy is.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #718 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »

-6C here when I woke up this morning, and snow in the forecast for tonight.  It too is going to be a long week.

WHAT?   I'm going to be in Toronto this week; can we do something about that weather?!?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: December 11, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »

WHAT?   I'm going to be in Toronto this week; can we do something about that weather?!?

Pucker up, buttercup.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
Home. After waking up at 3am to catch an earlier flight. Trying to enjoy the rest of the day before work tomorrow.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2017, 07:33:48 AM »
Ugh, travel.

- Five level parking garage; first four levels full, so I have to part on the fifth, open, deck.   Upshot?  THREE chances for snow before I come home.  I will be in that fucking parking lot at midnight shoveling out my car, I can see it now. 
- TSA Precheck  line is longer than regular security.  Woman going through with wrapped food; they have to unwrap and look at each one.   Guy in front of me - I swear to you this is true - asks - IN THE EXPEDITED LINE - "Do I have to take off my belt"?   Kicker:  he's wearing sweatpants with an elastic waistband.  I want to scream.
- Work credit card declined buying coffee (not my fault!)
- Flight delayed for an hour due to ground stop.

I want to go home and go to bed.  Or drink. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2017, 07:38:51 AM »
Just wait until you land.  We got about 6 inches last night. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2017, 07:41:04 AM »
Ugh, travel.

- Five level parking garage; first four levels full, so I have to part on the fifth, open, deck.   Upshot?  THREE chances for snow before I come home.  I will be in that fucking parking lot at midnight shoveling out my car, I can see it now. 
- TSA Precheck  line is longer than regular security.  Woman going through with wrapped food; they have to unwrap and look at each one.   Guy in front of me - I swear to you this is true - asks - IN THE EXPEDITED LINE - "Do I have to take off my belt"?   Kicker:  he's wearing sweatpants with an elastic waistband.  I want to scream.

Flying out of Bradley? 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
That sucks, Stad. Some trips are like that and I hate it.

I was going home from Vegas one time, early morning, and the Pre check like was about 20 people and the other security scan line was completely empty. I went to it, and the TSA guy says, "Uuuu, sir, you have a pre check ticket." I asked him if that kept me from going through regular security and he shrugged. After I zipped through, the other people in pre check, who were waiting for a couple to finish fucking with their baby stroller and shit, jumped the line to standard security. The lady who was sitting at the scanner, winked at me as I was slipping my shoes back on.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2017, 07:56:47 AM »
Sounds miserable, and it's funny how all the small frustrations add up quickly

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »
Ouch Stadler.

I'm sitting here waiting to go take the work car in for servicing. It came to my attention that in the year and a half that we've had this particular vehicle, It has NEVER been serviced. The brakes need to be done.  The front tires are going out. The alignment is fucked. My boss is talking about coming up here to meet with me about a few things... I am trying to convince him to do so while I am at the shop... and meet "over lunch." :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:37 AM »
Ugh, travel.

Flying out of Bradley?

Yes; usually that's a cake walk.   I usually get the third level of the garage - that's the level of security, so it's a straight walk - and TSA is the "haha, I mock you peons in regular security" experience, but today... no dice. 

Some good news:  the delay was a ground stop in Detroit, but now it's nice and sunny here, so while I'm not counting chickens yet, we're optimistic.   

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #728 on: December 12, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
Ugh, travel.

Flying out of Bradley?

Yes; usually that's a cake walk.   I usually get the third level of the garage - that's the level of security, so it's a straight walk - and TSA is the "haha, I mock you peons in regular security" experience, but today... no dice. 

Some good news:  the delay was a ground stop in Detroit, but now it's nice and sunny here, so while I'm not counting chickens yet, we're optimistic.

Nice. I usually park in lot C for like $7 a day (and print out a free day of parking coupon from the website) because I'm a cheap bastard.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #729 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
I do that for personal flights; don't have to for work.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: December 12, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
Ugh, travel.

Flying out of Bradley?

Nice. I usually park in lot C for like $7 a day (and print out a free day of parking coupon from the website) because I'm a cheap bastard.

I flew out of Bradley at 6am yesterday morning and it was a shit show at the AA counter.

CT was a fun visit, got some snow, had one of the best Italian subs of my life and won a bit of money at Mohegan.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2017, 04:50:10 AM »
Morning gang

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2017, 12:05:57 PM »
 Yo
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #733 on: December 13, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
CT was a fun visit, got some snow, had one of the best Italian subs of my life and won a bit of money at Mohegan.

Where?  There are some good delis in CT, but having lived in Philly, and having Sarcone's on the regular, I'm curious. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #734 on: December 13, 2017, 12:40:39 PM »
You're just another Parental Advisory sticker surfing beach boy.

Yo
fanticide.bandcamp.com