Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235526 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3290 on: August 18, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
Morning

Spent last night and this morning working on a few more gaming videos (two PUBG, one Sea of Thieves) so I have a continuous flow of content while I am away for my youtube.  The GF is spending the rest of the weekend here and it's off to Amsterdam on Monday for a bit less than two weeks for work.  Should be an easy trip, but my first time going solo to Europe.  When I get back its Labor Day weekend and I have vacation that week for ProgPower in Atlanta.  Lots of traveling the next few weeks (and a bachelor party in the Poconos in September too). 

It does feel like this is the last weekend of summer at home though which sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3291 on: August 18, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
That does sound like a lot of fun though Cram.

Do you twitch stream?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3292 on: August 19, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »
Not usually although I have. Also my gf logged onto my Twitter to tweet about Justin Timberlake lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3293 on: August 19, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
Lol, I saw that, nothing wrong with being excited about JT bro, my gf is seeing him in January

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3294 on: August 20, 2018, 08:53:42 AM »
Yea, seems like it could be a fun event happying next to my hotel while I am off next weekend so why not.  But I'd be lying if I said it was something really exciting for me  :lol 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3295 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
Ugh.  Kid made accusations of bullying at work and then when I brought him to investigate, he gave his notice and then walked out an hour later.

He never once came in to tell me there was issues.  Most had issues with him being slightly weird but that's it.  Now I'm doing a big investigation and so far, nobody seems to know anything.  Tough one to put together. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3296 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:33 AM »
So the new Property Management company managing the property I work is learning very quickly how much of a pain in the ass this property is.

It's gotten to the point where I am having to send borderline passive aggressive emails with the HOA Board members (Whom they answer to) CC'd to actually get things done.

It's been nonstop today.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3297 on: August 20, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
It's so sad when people only respond when their "boss" or someone 'above' them is cc'd. Talk about a complete lack of professional courtesy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3298 on: August 20, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »
It's so sad when people only respond when their "boss" or someone 'above' them is cc'd. Talk about a complete lack of professional courtesy.

I see that so much Chad.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3299 on: August 20, 2018, 03:28:30 PM »
Should be taking off soon for Amsterdam, time to pop the sleeping pills. I land at 7am local and time to get right to work for the day so need to catch sleep while I can, hopefully.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3300 on: August 20, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »
After an amazing week and a half out west, the TACs are home!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3301 on: August 20, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »
Welcome back TAC family.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: August 20, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
After an amazing week and a half out west, the TACs are home!

I anxiously await pics in the vacation thread.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3303 on: August 20, 2018, 09:07:16 PM »
Everything is on my computer. I took tomorrow off so hopefully tomorrow. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3304 on: August 20, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
Evening guys

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3305 on: August 20, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
So, on the plane, the person in front of me was watching the stupidest fucking movie. It has all sots of weird shaped people. I recognized Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johannson. In one big battle scene a fox or a wolf is shooting a machine gun! WTF??? The was a purple giant guy and in the end, everyone turned to dust. Everything looked so fake. And stupid. I can only imagine how bad the dialogue was.

I swear, the old Godzilla movies with a mechanical monster and a model town looked 10 times as fucking real.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3306 on: August 20, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
So I take it you're not a fan of the avengers?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3307 on: August 20, 2018, 09:50:21 PM »
I mean, I saw RD Jr, but he wasn't wearing his Iron Man outfit.

Was that The Avengers? If so, then no, I am not a fan. It looked so stupid tbh.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3308 on: August 21, 2018, 04:50:31 AM »
Tim, jesus that movie is amazing.   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3309 on: August 21, 2018, 05:10:43 AM »
So, on the plane, the person in front of me was watching the stupidest fucking movie. It has all sots of weird shaped people. I recognized Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johannson. In one big battle scene a fox or a wolf is shooting a machine gun! WTF??? The was a purple giant guy and in the end, everyone turned to dust. Everything looked so fake. And stupid. I can only imagine how bad the dialogue was.

I swear, the old Godzilla movies with a mechanical monster and a model town looked 10 times as fucking real.

There simply are no words.  When I realized what movie he was talking about, I thought he was trying to troll us.  It's just not even worth explaining.

Tim... your assessment is like saying Alice Cooper blows because just by looking at the album art of Raise Your Fist And Yell.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3310 on: August 21, 2018, 05:20:15 AM »
You know, I was in France and i saw this talk metal structure and people were looking at it and i thought it was fucking stupid.   It's not even a building you can stay in when it's cold.  How dumb.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3311 on: August 21, 2018, 06:36:55 AM »
Tim,

Since you're such a caring and engaged father, I'm sure you're boys love you dearly, but I'll bet they roll their eyes a lot!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3312 on: August 21, 2018, 07:11:32 AM »
TAC, not to dogpile up, but ... you Hydra?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3313 on: August 21, 2018, 07:24:20 AM »
If his main point was just that old ways of filming with real objects is better than the over use of CGI in modern films, I may have to agree with him.  I never saw the movie though so no opinion there.  Also, judging from an airplane TV maybe isn't the best way to gauge a film in terms of picture and CGI quality.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3314 on: August 21, 2018, 07:28:45 AM »
Oh, fair enough. It's a tech thing. Let me re-phrase.

TAC ... you A.I.M.? *grin*

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3315 on: August 21, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »
Having said that, I watched A Wrinkle in Time on my flight last night and thought it was a horrible movie.  I could have watched the Avengers 2, but I've never seen the first one, or any of the marvel movies in the last 10 years.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3316 on: August 21, 2018, 07:31:49 AM »
If his main point was just that old ways of filming with real objects is better than the over use of CGI in modern films, I may have to agree with him.  I never saw the movie though so no opinion there.  Also, judging from an airplane TV maybe isn't the best way to gauge a film in terms of picture and CGI quality.

It seems like his main point was that Godzilla movies from the 50's looked better than Infinity War. Not so much that, in principle, doing things with real sets and props is preferable to all CGI.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3317 on: August 21, 2018, 07:38:36 AM »
Can you imagine the budget costs to film on the planet Titan?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3318 on: August 21, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »

I mean, they COULD just go to the moon of Titan instead and we probably wouldn't know the difference. But it's Disney, they probably have the money to do it. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't just outright buy the moon of Titan in preparation for this.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3319 on: August 21, 2018, 07:44:26 AM »
omg wtf tac?  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3320 on: August 21, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »

I mean, they COULD just go to the moon of Titan instead and we probably wouldn't know the difference. But it's Disney, they probably have the money to do it. Hell, I'm surprised they didn't just outright buy the moon of Titan in preparation for this.

:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3321 on: August 21, 2018, 08:29:04 AM »
If his main point was just that old ways of filming with real objects is better than the over use of CGI in modern films, I may have to agree with him. 

That wasn't my main point per se. But it looked like there was a lot of work on the effects and, I don't know....I'm not impressed generally. I guess maybe I'm too old to watch such mindless drivel. I don't know what the story was, but it just looked dumb.  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3322 on: August 21, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »
What is that HBO thigamagig?!  I can't bet getting up and turning that knob to watch movies.  Regular TV with commercials are fine!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3323 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
What is that HBO thigamagig?!  I can't bet getting up and turning that knob to watch movies.  Regular TV with commercials are fine!

"Honey, hold that antennae a little to the left... that's it!"

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3324 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:48 AM »
Get this...

My guys thwart an attempted burglary yesterday. Caught the guy climbing into a gated bike storage area. We detain him (not forcibly... but standing with the guy talking to him asking him to stay is still legally detaining in this case). The police are contacted, and dispatch says to LET HIM GO since no one will be responding for at least an hour or more.

What the actual fuck?

Even better is we requested someone come to take the police report, even if it does take an hour or more... and no one showed up. I even went back to work (I was in the area) to meet with the Officer and give him/her a piece of my mind... and no one showed up.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"