Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235542 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #3010 on: July 16, 2018, 06:13:16 PM »
Were The Astonishing ushers working the wedding?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3011 on: July 16, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »
 :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3012 on: July 16, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »
Were The Astonishing ushers working the wedding?

Wearing Tapout shirts no doubt.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3013 on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:37 AM »
The worst is the condition of the road itself; it's embarrassing.   For all the construction that is being done, the roads are always in a constant state of disrepair.   And it's not "Northeast", because Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire don't have that problem, at least not at that level. 

CT never struck me as that bad (though most of my driving there was 91/84, going to/from UMass)...but my baseline was always Pennsylvania, which is comparable to rural Guatemala.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3014 on: July 17, 2018, 07:23:50 AM »
PA was always a nightmare driving on 80 while I was in college.  I feel like the last 10 years, I haven't had an issue on that road though and kind of forgot how bad driving in PA was for awhile.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3015 on: July 17, 2018, 07:24:05 AM »
The worst is the condition of the road itself; it's embarrassing.   For all the construction that is being done, the roads are always in a constant state of disrepair.   And it's not "Northeast", because Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire don't have that problem, at least not at that level. 

CT never struck me as that bad (though most of my driving there was 91/84, going to/from UMass)...but my baseline was always Pennsylvania, which is comparable to rural Guatemala.

Those trucker highways in Pennsylvania kill me.  The damn hypnotic seems in the concreate that you hear the bump over and over and over and over and over.....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3016 on: July 17, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »
I drove from Philly to Erie every week for about a year, and once I got out of Philly (basically up 476 when I got on 80) it was fine.  The only part I didn't like was when weather got involved.   Once I drove through a nor'easter, and the trucks are just dangerous.  Basically it was one unplowed lane with a line of semis along the right hand side.    The other part I didn't like was driving into the lake effect snow just east of 79.  I ran out of gas once because the two gas stations I knew about closed due to weather.  Thank god for AAA (I was actually scared; out of gas, the car doesn't run and gets COLD.)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3017 on: July 17, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
I had an 8 hour journey through the snow once to get back to school.  We had to stop every 10 minutes to clean the snow piling up on the windshield.  It was such a difficult drive, but became a pretty good memory with my roommate.  My parents advised against doing that drive, but as dumb kids we didn't see the issue  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3018 on: July 17, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
I don't know if I should consider it a blessing or a curse that the only traffic I've ever had to deal with has been LA traffic and I think some traffic in the Bay Area.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3019 on: July 17, 2018, 04:24:43 PM »
I don't know if I should consider it a blessing or a curse that the only traffic I've ever had to deal with has been LA traffic and I think some traffic in the Bay Area.

One thing I don't miss about Florida is the commute. I used to live at the hotel when I worked there but my final six months in florida was spent commuting 1.5 hours each way to work. I only have a 20 minute commute now and it's glorious.

Another day at work bites the dust. Only a few weeks until vacation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3020 on: July 17, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »

Well LA does have the worst traffic in the US, so not sure you are missing much

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3021 on: July 17, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
1991,  I went to LA in January.   I was my buddy's rodie at his gig at the Roxy on the Sundet Strip.  He went on first at 830pm. 

10:30pm driving back to Cypress and smock dab in a 6 lane traffic jam in LA. I look at my buddy and say, "How can you live here"?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3022 on: July 17, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
My LA traffic feelings https://youtu.be/LgcoB6A8dW0

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3023 on: July 17, 2018, 07:21:35 PM »
In the summer of 2015, the TACs vacationed out there. On a Sunday morning, we drove up from Disneyland to Hollywood, and from there went to a Dodger game. After the game we drove back to Anaheim. Somehow, we even ended up in downtown LA. We were lucky enough to experience not a stitch of traffic in either direction.  :P :P

Now Chicago traffic... Holy fucking shit!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3024 on: July 17, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
It's Sunday Tim.  Hollywood and LA sleeps! :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3025 on: July 17, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »
It's Sunday Tim.  Hollywood and LA sleeps! :lol

Sounds like perfect planning on my part! ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3026 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »
100% correct! :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3027 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

:rollin

Holy shit. This had me in tears, Cram.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3028 on: July 17, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!     OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!

I hope that won the YouTube Award. That was fantastic!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3029 on: July 17, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
This is the kind of traffic I am used to... like... is it NOT like that other places? :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3030 on: July 17, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »

No shit right. He IS Sam Kinison reincarnated!!   :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3031 on: July 18, 2018, 05:46:17 AM »
 :lol and that video is old so not influenced by the recent comments

This is the kind of traffic I am used to... like... is it NOT like that other places? :lol

Not from my experience.  Like last weekend there was a lot of weekend getting to Connecticut, but it was all one a 2 or 3 lane highway, getting off the highway the traffic was gone.  LA has these 6 lane highways and exits that are like entering hell.  It's like there's no escape.  Around the NYC area can definitely be like that, but once again, it's smaller roads, not these major highways.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3032 on: July 18, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
An Error Has Occurred!

The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3033 on: July 18, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »

No shit right. He IS Sam Kinison reincarnated!!   :rollin

Samx3  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3034 on: July 20, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »
Hi Blob!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3035 on: July 20, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3036 on: July 20, 2018, 02:39:54 PM »
What cookin' my friend?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3037 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »
What's happening dudes. Long week is finally over now I'm trying to decide what video game I want to play.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3038 on: July 20, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Tomorrow Foo Fighters at Fenway Park then Dad's birthday party at Chunky's Theater.   You can eat and drink in Cadillac seats. 

We're seeing the Transilvania movie.  My dad loves it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:50:35 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3039 on: July 20, 2018, 08:23:06 PM »
Long week is finally over now I'm trying to decide what video game I want to play.

Tomorrow Foo Fighters at Fenway Park then Dad's birthday party at Chunky's Theater.   You can eat as no drink in Cadillac seats. 

We're seeing the Transilvania movie.  My dad loves it.

Awesome!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3040 on: July 20, 2018, 08:43:30 PM »
That sounds like a blast King. I hope you have a great time!

How is your dad by the way?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3041 on: July 20, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »
That sounds like a blast King. I hope you have a great time!

How is your dad by the way?

Scan came back as nothing growing or spreading so that's a good start.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3042 on: July 20, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
Good to hear!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3043 on: July 21, 2018, 07:10:49 AM »
Saturday morning and coffee.

I am happy.   Morning all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3044 on: July 21, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »
...and DTF.

Day off too!!