Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 235436 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #2415 on: April 29, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
I feel bad for my brother. A hockey parent it a tough job with no sleep.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2416 on: April 29, 2018, 07:56:04 PM »
My parents did so much for us when we were kids. My brother (a year younger than me) was a goalie who played up at St. Michael's in Vermont. He was really good. He played on a travel team in Pee Wee with Ted Donato. I remember going to Michigan for a tournament and Teddy was skating circles around the other kids. He was ridiculous.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2417 on: April 29, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
Think about how good he was and though he had a good career, it wasn't great.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2418 on: April 30, 2018, 04:30:21 AM »
Morning guys

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2419 on: April 30, 2018, 04:57:13 AM »
Morning Reap.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2420 on: April 30, 2018, 05:33:49 AM »
:vfs:

Slept like shit... combination of an antsy bed-mate, and a dog that has been throwing up bile around 4am or so for the past week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2421 on: April 30, 2018, 06:38:17 AM »
Fun weekend that lead to lack of sleep though last night i got in 7 hours.  Friday Morning off to RoSfest!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2422 on: April 30, 2018, 06:52:29 AM »
Fun weekend that lead to lack of sleep though last night i got in 7 hours.  Friday Morning off to RoSfest!

Awesome.  I'm only envious because of Threshold.  Otherwise, nothing excited me enough about the festival to make the trip down there again.  Saving my road-trip for ProgStock.   :metal
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2423 on: April 30, 2018, 06:59:26 AM »

Awesome.  I'm only envious because of Threshold.  Otherwise, nothing excited me enough about the festival to make the trip down there again.  Saving my road-trip for ProgStock.   :metal

Doing both!! :metal

Nick & Mason will be there again.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2424 on: April 30, 2018, 07:30:55 AM »
I'm running on 4 hours of sleep today. Went to a Steel Panther concert last night and they didn't hit the stage until 10PM.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2425 on: April 30, 2018, 07:42:34 AM »
I'm running on 4 hours of sleep today. Went to a Steel Panther concert last night and they didn't hit the stage until 10PM.

Seeing that many "tatas" would keep me up all night as well.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2426 on: April 30, 2018, 07:49:02 AM »

Seeing that many "tatas" would keep me up all night as well.

THERE WERE NONE!!! They brought like 30-40 girls on stage for a cover of Livin' on a Prayer AND Girl From Oklahoma, and not a single one blessed us.   

Sad times.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: April 30, 2018, 07:51:38 AM »
I blame Trump.  This is an outrage!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2428 on: April 30, 2018, 07:58:29 AM »
Just saw that LaBrie has cancelled his headlining spot at PPUSA because of DT writing sessions.  That's fuckin lame.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2429 on: April 30, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
Just saw that LaBrie has cancelled his headlining spot at PPUSA because of DT writing sessions.  That's fuckin lame.

Sounds like a made up excuse.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2430 on: April 30, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »
That's too bad. Was hoping there'd be a Labrie tour built around ProgPower.

Just back from my weekend in the city for Steven Wilson shows, what a great time. The setlist for last night went heavy on HCE and then he busted out Blackfield in the encore :hat Now home with today off so I can get a brewday in.
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2431 on: April 30, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
First day at work since my boss left, things feel much more relaxed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2432 on: May 01, 2018, 08:51:35 PM »
Woke up at 230am monday to leave for denver, got here and put in 24 hours of really hard work. So tired but enjoyed some gummies and just watched battle beast, next is delain and kamelot and things will be feeling good.  :yarr

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2433 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:02 AM »
Nice! I'm sad I didn't get to go to California and get some gummys myself.

Good morning gang.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2434 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:52 AM »
Morning Reap.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2435 on: May 02, 2018, 04:58:05 AM »
Morning King. What's happening?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2436 on: May 02, 2018, 06:16:53 AM »
Leaving Friday to go to a prog music festival.  Meeting up with Nick and DTVT.  At the end f the month i am getting a Heart Catherterzation.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2437 on: May 02, 2018, 06:23:19 AM »
Leaving Friday to go to a prog music festival.  Meeting up with Nick and DTVT.  At the end f the month i am getting a Heart Catherterzation.

Do you have a blockage, King? Or are they just trying to improve heart efficiency?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2438 on: May 02, 2018, 06:23:35 AM »

Enjoy Gettysburg my man.  Wish I could be there to hang with ya.  We'll just have to wait a few more months for the most epic DTF meetup since Score!  Maybe even more epic.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2439 on: May 02, 2018, 06:28:51 AM »

Do you have a blockage, King? Or are they just trying to improve heart efficiency?

They are not sure.  That's why they are going in.  They know the left side of the heart isn't working at full capacity right now.  I feel good which is the weird thing.  You never know.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2440 on: May 02, 2018, 06:29:13 AM »

Enjoy Gettysburg my man.  Wish I could be there to hang with ya.  We'll just have to wait a few more months for the most epic DTF meetup since Score!  Maybe even more epic.

That will be epic! :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2441 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:50 AM »
What is this "few more months" event?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2442 on: May 02, 2018, 06:40:53 AM »
What is this "few more months" event?

ProgStock in October.... in the armpit of America - New Jersey!  Me, King, Nick, Dr. DTVT, Splent Axeman, Cram, and lonestar are confirmed at a minimum.  I might be forgetting a couple/few people.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2443 on: May 02, 2018, 09:59:07 AM »
I'm not currently attending the festival, but the arm pit of america is practically my backyard apparently so I plan on catching up with the dtf crew.

Concert last night was so awesome.  So glad I mustered up whatever energy I had to attend.  I really don't know anything about Steven Wilson but see him talked about an awful lot here and he's playing at the same venue this weekend.  Maybe I'll go in the blind and see whats what.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2444 on: May 02, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »
I'm not currently attending the festival, but the arm pit of america is practically my backyard apparently so I plan on catching up with the dtf crew.

Concert last night was so awesome.  So glad I mustered up whatever energy I had to attend.  I really don't know anything about Steven Wilson but see him talked about an awful lot here and he's playing at the same venue this weekend.  Maybe I'll go in the blind and see whats what.

DO IT
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2445 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:18 AM »

By number there will never be anything to top Score, I'm afraid, but we can certainly shoot to achieve grander levels of epicness.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2446 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »

By number there will never be anything to top Score, I'm afraid, but we can certainly shoot to achieve grander levels of epicness.

Quality vs Quantity.  If only Hef was coming up to Progstock.. or posting at DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2447 on: May 02, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
Meeting up with Nick and DTVT.  At the end f the month i am getting a Heart Catherterzation.

Are these two circumstances related?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2448 on: May 02, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
If you you were there possibly.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2449 on: May 02, 2018, 03:22:22 PM »
If you you were there possibly.

Who, me me?