Author Topic: DTF chat thread v. 2049  (Read 236055 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF chat thread v. 2049
« Reply #1225 on: January 31, 2018, 09:52:27 AM »
Word up

I feel like a kid today, I bought tickets to see the Misfits and also tickets for WWE today. 

Can I ask how much tickets were?

They were outrageous here in LA.

Outrageous  :lol I paid $124 after fees for one ticket in literally the last row of the arena.  Was going to get two and find someone to come with me, but I think this price point knocks out any casual fan (such as anyone I know), well besides my dumb ass I guess, but I'm all into getting to see a cool concert experience.  I think this show will be nuts.

It is funny though, on my commute to work, theres a digital billboard and they are advertising this show on it.  A huge misfits logo over the NJ turnpike is something to see.  I wanted to get a pic, but it changed and the traffic finally moved so maybe tomorrow.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1226 on: January 31, 2018, 10:02:06 AM »
Yea I couldn't justify the $150 they were charging in LA. There's just something about paying THAT much to see a Punk Band that I can't get behind. I am a HUGE Misfits fan (Graves Era > Danzig Era... Fight Me) and have seen Jerry's Tour 2x (broke my toe moshing to Misfits when I was like 16- that's a rite of passage lol).  I know these shows are about the money. Nothing else.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1227 on: January 31, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »
Yea, don't think you are wrong.  This may be the most expensive punk show I can think of.  I had a chance to see Misfits with Graves (I would say both eras are fairly even for me) but for some reason showed up thinking I could buy tickets at the door.  I had gone with a bunch of friends before anyone had a drivers license so our parents dropped us off.  All but two of us had tickets so my friend and I spent the evening in the parking lot listening to the few seconds of when the back door would open and some drunk would get kicked out.  I'd say it was a memorable evening, but it wasn't exactly seeing the band in any way.  I think there's generations of people who want to see this.  It's a hot ticket because most never had the opportunity.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1228 on: January 31, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »
Which is why they should just put on a tour. Even if it's just like 8 dates across North America. Announce them all at once so people can plan. I'm willing to bet money there are people from the east coast who are PISSED because they flew to Vegas or LA and now there's a show so much closer. Plus Glen's "No Camera" policy... it just screams money grab.

To be totally honest, I think Michale Graves announced a show in Hollywood around the same time the big show in LA was announced a few months ago. I am more excited to see Graves in a room that holds less than 500 people than I was for the Misfits announcement :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1229 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:31 AM »
More importantly, what WWE event did you get tickets for?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1230 on: January 31, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
More importantly, what WWE event did you get tickets for?

Summerslam at Barclays.  After reading about and being a little invested in the Raw 25 episode at Barclays, I guess the internet knew about this, and I got an email for the presale code for Summerslam and on a whim got two tickets.  Figuring it will sell out and I can decide later if I actually go or not, but for now, I see no reason not to attend.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1231 on: January 31, 2018, 12:06:07 PM »
Should be a good time. I usually go to the PPV their developmental brand has the Saturday night before Summerslam.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: January 31, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »
Should be a good time. I usually go to the PPV their developmental brand has the Saturday night before Summerslam.

There's a ticket package for that, summerslam, raw, and smackdown all 4 nights in a row at Barclays.  Not badly priced considering it's four nights of live events, but that's for the hardcore fan which I am not.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1233 on: January 31, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »
Yeah, I don't know if I could even go for four nights in a row. I usually have a few friends come over for pizza and beer for the Sunday PPVs, may get a ticket for Raw the night after though.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »
Yeah, I don't know if I could even go for four nights in a row. I usually have a few friends come over for pizza and beer for the Sunday PPVs, may get a ticket for Raw the night after though.

Yea, so do you have the wwe network?  I didn't know about this, but I guess at 10 bucks a month you get the PPVs?  That's a sweet deal considering I used to pay the 50 bucks or whatever it was to watch the PPVs as a kid (and by pay, I mean mow the lawn for the month so my dad would pay).  Plus you get all the old PPVs to stream.  A new friend of mine is big into WWE and was telling me about this the other night.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1235 on: January 31, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
Well, I guess DT-side is about to go bat-shit crazy with theories and speculation.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1236 on: January 31, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »
Well, I guess DT-side is about to go bat-shit crazy with theories and speculation.

What happened?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1237 on: January 31, 2018, 03:07:17 PM »

Yea, so do you have the wwe network?  I didn't know about this, but I guess at 10 bucks a month you get the PPVs?  That's a sweet deal considering I used to pay the 50 bucks or whatever it was to watch the PPVs as a kid (and by pay, I mean mow the lawn for the month so my dad would pay).  Plus you get all the old PPVs to stream.  A new friend of mine is big into WWE and was telling me about this the other night.

Oh yeah, I've had it since day 1. It's an awesome value because you get all the PPVs streamed live, plus on demand viewing of any and all old WWE/WCW/ECW PPVs going back to the beginning of PPVs. Plus the developmental brand they have down in Florida (NXT) is legitimately awesome and a Network exclusive. It's a better wrestling product than Raw or Smackdown these days.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1238 on: January 31, 2018, 03:08:37 PM »

What happened?

I'm guessing the news that DT will be in the studio in May?  I saw a blabbermouth about that.

Oh yeah, I've had it since day 1. It's an awesome value because you get all the PPVs streamed live, plus on demand viewing of any and all old WWE/WCW/ECW PPVs going back to the beginning of PPVs. Plus the developmental brand they have down in Florida (NXT) is legitimately awesome and a Network exclusive. It's a better wrestling product than Raw or Smackdown these days.

Oh thats cool, didn't realize that about NXT.  Is that sort of like an ECW?  I always thought ECW had better wrestling back in the day.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1239 on: January 31, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »

Oh thats cool, didn't realize that about NXT.  Is that sort of like an ECW?  I always thought ECW had better wrestling back in the day.

Yeah so they built a whole state of the art performance center down in Florida where all their signees/recruits go and train. The best of the people working down there get airtime on a one hour program that airs every Wednesday night on the Network, and then they run a few "PPV" events a year, usually on a Saturday night in the same arena that a proper PPV is happening the next night. It's a lot of fun because even the experienced indie scene guys who can already kill it in the ring get sent down there for a little while to learn wrestling for cameras and a large audience and how WWE does things, and Vince pretty much leaves Triple H alone to run it, so there's a lot of good stuff going on. Can't recommend the Network highly enough :tup
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: January 31, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »
Cool, I have no plans on buying it, but I think that's great for the fans.  I'm only interested in the live show at this point as those have always been fun, and even more fun now that I can enjoy a beer with the show (most of my live experiences are from before I turned 21).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1241 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »

What happened?

I'm guessing the news that DT will be in the studio in May?  I saw a blabbermouth about that.

Yeah, that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1242 on: January 31, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »
Hello bat shit crazy fans. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1243 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »

And that's different to usual how?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: February 01, 2018, 06:22:53 AM »
Morning your Blobness.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:57 AM »

it's not... just an easy prediction to make.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1246 on: February 01, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »

It's like shooting robotic fishes out of a mechanical barrel.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1247 on: February 01, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »

I've been a part of this forum for a while (like 5 years or so I think), but the one thing I still haven't gotten used to is this attitude that some posters have against the DT section of the forum. It seems weird to me that people that have literally posted to a DT fan site tens of thousands of times still find the need to point and make fun of other DT fans.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1248 on: February 01, 2018, 08:00:21 AM »
I think it's the obsessiveness of some fans that the older guys rank on.  I always go over there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: February 01, 2018, 08:15:53 AM »
I think it's the obsessiveness of some fans that the older guys rank on.  I always go over there.

I find this entertaining, I enjoy the DT side

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1250 on: February 01, 2018, 08:19:20 AM »

I find this entertaining, I enjoy the DT side

That's kinda where I fall. It's great to see (often times) newer fans obsess over DT. We've all been there at some point in our DT journey. I know when I first discovered the band, I dove in deep and it was great. It would have been kinda disheartening to find an online community of DT fans at that point in my discovery just to find I'd be made fun of for caring about the band to much.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: February 01, 2018, 08:23:47 AM »
I dont think anyone makes fun of people for loving DT so much, I think it's moreso the ridiculousness that leads to arguments.  Like the SOA thread was ridiculous for awhile, but I found it very entertaining. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1252 on: February 01, 2018, 08:28:35 AM »

I've been a part of this forum for a while (like 5 years or so I think), but the one thing I still haven't gotten used to is this attitude that some posters have against the DT section of the forum. It seems weird to me that people that have literally posted to a DT fan site tens of thousands of times still find the need to point and make fun of other DT fans.

Many people have been around these forums for 10-15 years (or more) in one version or another, following it from one site to another, many of whom are no longer hardcore DT fans, but stick around for the community. And when you've been around that long, and seen every single repetition and iteration of garbage possible, you'd be pretty jaded too. :lol :getoffmylawn: I haven't even clicked in DT side for a month or two, so I have no idea what's going on, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1253 on: February 01, 2018, 08:34:28 AM »
Many people have been around these forums for 10-15 years (or more) in one version or another, following it from one site to another, many of whom are no longer hardcore DT fans, but stick around for the community. And when you've been around that long, and seen every single iteration of garbage possible, you'd be pretty jaded too. :lol :getoffmylawn:

I understand what you are saying, but nah. If people want to discuss MP's departure to death or who the best DT keyboardist is/was, or whatever... doesn't bother me at all. More power to them for finding a good place to have the discussion, it has nothing to do with how long I've been a forum member or how many times I've engaged in the same conversation. Why would I let my prior experiences and conversations affect how I treat others when they have a desire to have similar conversations? Generally speaking, I would try not to.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: February 01, 2018, 08:50:39 AM »
When we're at the point of seeing threads like "How many calories to play Images and Words + ACOS?", it's for the best I don't even bother. If you don't have anything nice to say etc etc.

For the record I haven't clicked in the thread, so maybe it's super duper awesome, but that's a chance I'm willing to take for the sake of my sanity, and not straining my eye muscles from rolling them too hard.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: February 01, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
When we're at the point of seeing threads like "How many calories to play Images and Words + ACOS?", it's for the best I don't even bother. If you don't have anything nice to say etc etc.

For the record I haven't clicked in the thread, so maybe it's super duper awesome, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Yea, it's a science experiment where they were legit tracking this on MM.  Kind of cool actually, not some fan theory or something.

Many people have been around these forums for 10-15 years (or more) in one version or another, following it from one site to another, many of whom are no longer hardcore DT fans, but stick around for the community. And when you've been around that long, and seen every single iteration of garbage possible, you'd be pretty jaded too. :lol :getoffmylawn:

I understand what you are saying, but nah. If people want to discuss MP's departure to death or who the best DT keyboardist is/was, or whatever... doesn't bother me at all. More power to them for finding a good place to have the discussion, it has nothing to do with how long I've been a forum member or how many times I've engaged in the same conversation. Why would I let my prior experiences and conversations affect how I treat others when they have a desire to have similar conversations? Generally speaking, I would try not to.

I'm not really sure anyone is treating anyone poorly.  It's merely a matter of opinion of some people to just not care for that side of the forum.  I don't think those same people are going over there and doing anything to treat the people over there poorly.  At least I haven't seen it.  Just the occassional LOL from people in threads like this talking about what's going on over there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1256 on: February 01, 2018, 08:58:14 AM »
For many of us, the most respectful thing we can do is ignore it.

Also that thread sounds perhaps even worse than I thought. :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1257 on: February 01, 2018, 09:01:13 AM »

For the record I haven't clicked in the thread, so maybe it's super duper awesome, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Yea, it's a science experiment where they were legit tracking this on MM.  Kind of cool actually, not some fan theory or something.

I'm not really sure anyone is treating anyone poorly.  It's merely a matter of opinion of some people to just not care for that side of the forum.  I don't think those same people are going over there and doing anything to treat the people over there poorly.  At least I haven't seen it.  Just the occassional LOL from people in threads like this talking about what's going on over there.

Yeah, I don't know. This isn't just a comment based off of this discussion. It's kinda something I've seen accumulating for years. A comment here and there, a conversation here and there.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have said anything, soooo carry on ya'll.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1258 on: February 01, 2018, 09:38:07 AM »

That's not entirely true.  I bowed out after a while, but there are subjects over there where it's black and white:  if you're not with them you're against them and that's not always conducive to a thoughtful conversation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »

That's not entirely true.  I bowed out after a while, but there are subjects over there where it's black and white:  if you're not with them you're against them and that's not always conducive to a thoughtful conversation.

Yea, but that's not a matter of "DTF regulars who don't follow the DT side because of the craziness" but a matter of the "craziness"