Author Topic: Enchant to release career-spanning box set  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Enchant to release career-spanning box set
« on: May 16, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »
https://progreport.com/enchant-to-release-career-spanning-10cd-boxset-a-dream-imagined/

In what will be 25 years since the release of Enchant’s debut album ‘A Blueprint of the World’, the San Francisco-formed progressive rock/metal group will celebrate with a special limited 10 CD boxset compiling all of their studio albums, from the aforementioned debut, right up to 2014’s ‘The Great Divide’ .

Out on July 20th, 2018, the package also features 2 discs of bonus tracks that include a selection of demo versions, live tracks, acoustic versions & instrumentals, plus extensive liner notes covering the entirety of the bands career up to now, and brand new interviews with various members past & present.

The band comments: “We are super excited that after 25 years, Inside Out Music is releasing an Enchant box set! The box set will contain every song we’ve ever done, demos, pictures and a detailed history of the band! We’re are honoured to be at this point in our career to have this milestone and look forward to sharing it with Enchant fans young and old!”

The band are also currently hard at work on a new studio album, of which the band comments: “We are currently working on material for what will be our 9th studio album! Things are coming along quite well and we are nailing down the songs for the new record out of a plethora of material. I won’t give too much away but I will say that I think Enchant fans are in for a treat! We hope to have it out later this year or early next year! Stay tuned!”

The 10CD box-set features the following albums and is now available to pre-order here: https://Enchant.lnk.to/ADreamImaginedBox

1. A Blueprint of the World (1993)
2. Wounded (1996)
3. Time Lost (1997)
4. Break (1998)
5. Juggling 9 or Dropping 10 (2000)
6. Blink of an Eye (2002)
7. Tug of War (2003)
8. The Great Divide (2014)
9. Bonus Disc 1 (featuring demos)
10. Bonus disc 2 (featuring demos, acoustic versions, instrumentals & acoustic versions)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: Enchant to release career-spanning box set
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:32:41 PM »
I love this band and I strongly recommend it (all of the CDs are from very good to great IMO), if you don't have any of them, because there's nothing unreleased on this, if you already have the special editions.
Also, in this interview:
https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/the-road-to-progstock-enchant/
Doug says that Enchant is recording a new album called Beauty and Sadness, to be released this year and with band’s first 20 minute epic!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:43:01 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline devieira73

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
Also, if you really like Enchant I strongly recommend this CD, that maybe you dind't know until now: Xen - 84000 Dharma Doors.
From progarchives:
"The band Xen is actually some kind of joke because it's actually Enchant, only difference is the lacking of "Benignus" as a keyboardplayer. Still it's a bit different from Enchant and that is in the style of playing. It's more relaxed, almost easy listening at times, but of course recognazible as a kind of Enchant. Another thing they have in common with - and what is distinctive to - Enchant is that there are no poor songs on this album. It's one of the main reasons I like Enchant (and also Xen) because it proves that a band takes themselves seriously and set a high standard for themselves and I think that's admirable."

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »
I was pretty excited about this until I saw no unreleased material.
That is disappointing as I have all the album's already.
They could have found an unreleased live album, even bootlegs from fans that have been cleaned up a bit.

Yes the Xen is really good, as good as some of the Enchant catalogue.

I really hope that any new album is better than the massive disappointment and wait of the last one.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »
I have to check and see if I have less than half of these albums, and if I do, I'll splurge for this box set! I know I have a couple, but I never got their last album a few years ago, even though I've been watching a few of the 2CD sets for The Great Divide.

Hopefully this box set pops up on Amazon sometime soon!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline devieira73

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »
Well, I really liked the last. For sure, the band changed the style a bit, with a proggier edge, and also they sounded a bit... rusted, maybe.
Anyway, my fave is Juggling 9 (really wonderful!), followed by Blueprint. After them, Tug of War and Blink of an Eye. I think the last and Xen are a bit lower than Tug and Blink. My last faves are from Wounded (weird opinion I know) to Break and still I think they are good albums.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »
Also, if you really like Enchant I strongly recommend this CD, that maybe you dind't know until now: Xen - 84000 Dharma Doors.
From progarchives:
"The band Xen is actually some kind of joke because it's actually Enchant, only difference is the lacking of "Benignus" as a keyboardplayer. Still it's a bit different from Enchant and that is in the style of playing. It's more relaxed, almost easy listening at times, but of course recognazible as a kind of Enchant. Another thing they have in common with - and what is distinctive to - Enchant is that there are no poor songs on this album. It's one of the main reasons I like Enchant (and also Xen) because it proves that a band takes themselves seriously and set a high standard for themselves and I think that's admirable."

yeah that interview has me wanting the boxed set certainly.

I'm not sure, but it sounded like they said "Beauty IN Sadness"..I guess we'll know soon enough.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
Have no idea why I never heard of these guys until now. Saw the announcement on Inside Out FB, and sounded intriguing, so I decided to check them out. I chose to start at the beginning with their first album. Some good stuff here...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »
I own all their albums so I'm not sure now if the demo's are worth buying the box set.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline devieira73

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 05:35:54 PM »

yeah that interview has me wanting the boxed set certainly.

I'm not sure, but it sounded like they said "Beauty IN Sadness"..I guess we'll know soon enough.
I understood the beauty of sadness! But someone corrected me in the comments on Facebook and Doug liked it :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Saw Ted shared this on FB this morning, cool, but not for me. I got most of the albums already, and I don't love them enough to be that level of a completionist.

I am looking forward to seeing them for a 4th time this October when they open for IQ at Progstock  :metal

(I could've sworn we had an Enchant thread somewhere)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »
Oooh, this might be a fun thing to check out. I don't have anything by them. Kind of like what the Flower Kings are doing.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »
This looks awesome! Atm, I only have The Great Divide, so this is definitely going on my wishlist. And InsideOUT boxsets are fantastic because you still get all the booklets, so you're not missing out by getting the box. I've got Discovering Beardfish (5 albums) and the first Flower Kings box (7 albums) and both are among my favourite purchases ever.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »
Just saw this pop up in my Burning Shed newsletter, only $50.00 or so for the set, though I may wait until Amazon has it so I can get free shipping.

I checked my CD tower last night to see which Enchant albums I had and I only have 3, so I am definitely getting this box set and will try to sell the three albums I have.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 02:32:42 AM »
Why is everyone releasing box sets that I want?! :'( I've probably gotta save up at least £70 now for the two that I want, namely this Enchant one and the 2nd Flower Kings one.

Also, as an interesting side point, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Enchant's debut was the first album released on InsideOut.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 03:15:57 AM »
Not sure what the first ever IO release was, but I don't think it was from Enchant.
Blueprint was issued by IO in 1997.
I have a CD by Chandelier on IO distributed by SPV from 1990.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 09:12:18 PM »
Has anyone heard anything else about Beauty And Sadness? Is it still set on being released by the end of the year? The audio interview above made it sound like the band is dead set on releasing it this year, but I figured there'd be a press release by the end of the month (since we've recently gotten November's releases' press info already).

-Marc.