Mission Motherland
0 (0%)
If I Knew
0 (0%)
The Time Of The Oath
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 19, 2017, 10:48:58 PM

Author Topic: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - The Time Of The Oath - round 1  (Read 282 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - The Time Of The Oath - round 1
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
THE TIME OF THE OATH

The Time of the Oath is the seventh studio album by Helloween, released in 1996. The album is dedicated to the memory of former drummer Ingo Schwichtenberg, who committed suicide the previous year. The Time of the Oath is a concept album. According to Andi Deris, it is based on the prophecies of Nostradamus, referring to the prophecies made for the years 1994 to 2000. Nostradamus' interpreters believe that he predicted a third World War followed by a millennium of peace if humans made the right choices. The album is meant to reflect the choices of humanity. The Keeper that appears on this album, having returned from the first two Keeper of the Seven Keys albums and later to return on the third, could represent God, or the stupidity of humanity in the form of the seventh trooper in the song "Before the War." Instead of a space scene as on the cover of Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1, the area under the Keeper's hood is filled with stars and a line of golden rings, in the fashion of Master of the Rings' artwork.

As I remember well, The Time Of The Oath was the first album that I've heard with Andi on vocals. I bought it on a CD, listened to it and I loved it from the first time! Everything was great from melodies to drumwork (especially drums, I think that Oath is the best Uli performance in Helloween). I hope that I will hear and see some tracks from Oath on Pumpkins United concert in November, I saw Kings Will Be Kings on their setlist... It would be great :)

Andi Deris - vocals
Roland Grapow – guitar
Michael Weikath – guitar
Markus Grosskopf – bass
Uli Kusch – drums

12.  :huh:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perfect album, but one song should go in the first round... I think You will share my opinion - Anything My Mama Don't Like is another fun track from Helloween that of course I enjoy, but there are other killer tracks here...

Offline Mladen

Re: HELLOWEEN Survivor 2017 - The Time Of The Oath - round 1
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
Anything My Mama Don't Like

This will be interesting, there are so many clear standouts on the album, but like every time, there are some quite obscure songs that are actually some of my favorites. And I'm already afraid for those.  :lol

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 02:09:07 AM »
Mama

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:17:41 AM »
This is to me the "other" classic album of Helloween.

Sure, the classic line-up is the Keepers one, but Deris / Weikath / Grosskopf / Grapow / Kusch for me is the second classic line-up of Helloween, that produced excellent albums and this is the best. A wonderful record.

I'll go for A Million to One just 'cause I like the silliness of Anything my Mama don't Like, but I guess that song is first to go.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:42 AM »
Mama

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:35:29 PM »
This is one awesome album. Probably my favourite Helloween after the two Keepers.

Mama track
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 03:33:48 PM »
Mama, by miles.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.