General > Movies and TV

Mindhunter - NETFLIX

(1/11) > >>

gmillerdrake:
Anyone going to watch this? I'm going to check it out, it looks pretty good. It delves into the beginning of the FBI's criminal profiling and from the teasers and what I've read it's supposed to be really good. David Fincher directed 4 of the 10 episodes which excites me a bit. 

https://www.netflix.com/title/80114855

faizoff:
I saw the first two episodes. It's really well made and completely dialogue driven. One review described it as Madmen with detectives. Which is what it looks so far. Maybe a bit of the wire as well. Intriguing for sure.

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: faizoff on October 13, 2017, 01:10:33 PM ---I saw the first two episodes. It's really well made and completely dialogue driven. One review described it as Madmen with detectives. Which is what it looks so far. Maybe a bit of the wire as well. Intriguing for sure.

--- End quote ---

:tup    Cool...I'll probably catch an episode or two this weekend.

faizoff:
I'm on episode 4 now and this show is fucking awesome so far. The first episode sort of wanders around so I wasn't really sure where it was going. But by the end of the 2nd episode I was bought into the direction it was going. The show is more Se7en than Madmen I think with some Silence of the Lambs and with shades of The Wire for the procedural sequences. There isn't any real action so far but it has riveting dialogue throughout. I like the slow pacing and slow build to everything, even if sometimes there isn't a payoff to that build (Hence my mention of The Wire). The acting is a bit weird at times esp with the lead guy, not sure I buy into his portrayal fully just yet.

I can tell Fincher had a lot to do with setting the tone and look of the show, all 4 episodes so far are setup that way. Really looking forward to watching them all.

gmillerdrake:
Just watched the first three episodes. This is a really good show. You're right faizoff, very dialog and character driven but they've done a good job at both. I don't imagine it's going to take me long to fit through this series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version