Author Topic: Do your local friends have similar taste in music?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Do your local friends have similar taste in music?
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 05:34:32 AM »
I feel really lucky to have so many metalhead friends looking at some of the responses here. Granted, a lot of my friendships grew from talking music in the pub, I gravitated to those who were into the same music as me. Even the ones who aren't into metal like Foo Fighters, Green Day, ska punk etc. I've got something musical in common with almost every friend.

One of my friends is about 10 years older than me and before I met him he used to come into the pub wearing Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer t-shirts etc. At the time not a lot of my friends listened to 80's/early 90's metal, they were all about the newer bands. Eventually after seeing this guy (and his girlfriend at the time, who is also a good friend) for a few months I just sat at his table one night and started talking metal with him. We've been good friends for like the last 12 years  :metal

Music is that important to me that I can't help talking about it. Been lucky enough in my local area (south west of England) for there to be loads of metalheads  :metal

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »
Nope! Just Jackie, but she's not terribly local.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
Now that I think about it... I literally do not have ONE FRIEND that likes Dream Theater.   I have my classic rock friends, I have my metal friend, I've lost touch with him, but I even have my prog friend.   Not one though that is into DT.  (That's not a knock, just an observation). 

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »
Just checked on FB, I have 7 friends who follow DT. 4 of them are fellow DTF'ers so they don't really count. So I have 3 other friends who like DT (although that's based on FB so it's not that reliable). The friend I mainly go to prog metal gigs with doesn't like DT, he's more of an Opeth kinda guy.

He refers to them as Barry Dream and Dave Theater, an aging prog metal two piece. Knob  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »
I doubt any of my friends or people near me like this music...

Vitas - The Star
https://youtu.be/P9A1-fxd-hI
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD