Author Topic: The official Accept and UDO thread  (Read 14183 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The official Accept and UDO thread
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2024, 11:59:39 AM »
So the only Accept album I own is Balls To The Wall and I bought upon release way back when. There was just so much new music I was into, I never followed them.

Couple weeks ago Blood Of The Nations came up on my YouTube feed so I listened to it. Absolutely killer metal album from beginning to end. That prompted me to listen to everything they did. Lots of great songs and albums I missed out on. I'm going to see if I can find a reasonable box set.

Accept! :metal

Top 10 band for me. I got into them when Restless And Wild was released and have followed them ever since. Blood Of The Nations is an amazing comback album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2024, 07:10:55 PM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2024, 07:14:57 PM »
Barely. :-[
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2024, 07:30:10 PM »
Barely. :-[

I posted that but turned it off after the solo, so yeah, will reserve judgement for the full album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2024, 07:39:24 PM »
Definitely. I still expect to like the album. It's just Wolf left as far as the band goes (not including Mark), but I definitely liked their last album so I'm still hopeful.

Peter Baltes is now playing bass for Udo.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2024, 07:50:06 PM »
I've really liked UDO's output the last few albums.  I know you're not big on his solo stuff but he's been surprisingly consistent.

To be fair, this Accept song sounds like anything off the last few so I still think it will develop into a pretty good album.  I remember hearing The Undertaker when it was released and wrote the band off, album turned out to be killer and the song grew and worked fine in the album.  I'm not too worried.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2024, 07:55:25 PM »
I actually liked The Undertaker from the jump.

Oddly, I'm listening to Animal House now. Funny how the album was written by Accept and they let him use the songs.
Lay Down The Law is ACTUALLY Accept. I'd love to hear the Accept demos for this.

I like Udo and all, but there was something special about the BAND for me. Their sound, tone, and style. I guess I've always held that against Udo's solo career.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2024, 08:32:14 PM »
I actually liked The Undertaker from the jump.

Now that you mention that, I think I remember us debating our opposing views when it came out haha.

Oddly, I'm listening to Animal House now. Funny how the album was written by Accept and they let him use the songs.
Lay Down The Law is ACTUALLY Accept. I'd love to hear the Accept demos for this.

Yes, apparently that song apparently is performed by Accept.  That record has a few real nice classics on it.  To be fair, UDO hasn't dropped the ball all that much in his solo outings for me.

I like Udo and all, but there was something special about the BAND for me. Their sound, tone, and style. I guess I've always held that against Udo's solo career.

That's an interesting take.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2024, 08:58:38 AM »
This is..........solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYPFFZFBBYY

I can dig this   I used to see TT Quick often back in the day,  TT was really great back then they would crush. Mark is an interesting guy.. still miss UDO being in the band , but thats just me being a tad Old Skool

solid is a good description as its pretty formula but enjoyable
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"