Author Topic: Sepultura - proggy thrash?  (Read 7405 times)

Offline DTA

Re: Sepultura - proggy thrash?
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2023, 05:22:32 PM »
I think I said this earlier in this thread but their career resurgence with Eloy on drums has been amazing. Mediator, Machine Messiah, and Quadra (and Kairos without Eloy) are incredible with Quadra rivaling Remains, Arise, and Chaos as their best imo. 

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2023, 07:37:05 PM »
I think I said this earlier in this thread but their career resurgence with Eloy on drums has been amazing. Mediator, Machine Messiah, and Quadra (and Kairos without Eloy) are incredible with Quadra rivaling Remains, Arise, and Chaos as their best imo.

:metal

Also, they announced they'll be releasing a live album next year.

:metal

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2023, 10:53:56 AM »
Announcment today - celebrating their 40th anniversary by....one last world tour and then ending the band?

Blah. 

Offline billboy73

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2023, 11:26:26 AM »
As a fan of the Green era of the band, I am definitely sad they are hanging it up.  I really enjoy everything from A-Lex to Quadra, and the earlier Green stuff is not quite as good, but still decent overall.  Hopefully I can catch them on this last tour, and they can pull out a nice career spanning setlist.  Cheers to Sepultura.

Online Grappler

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »
I do hope they put together a long, ripping setlist.  I did read in the Blabbermouth article that they were going to record 40 different songs from 40 different cities and put out a monster live album from the tour.  So that's pretty cool.  Sad to see them call it quits though, especially if they can't figure out how to do one last show, or a few songs, with Max or Igor. 

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2023, 12:09:54 PM »
I know it'll never happen but I'd love to see them put aside any differences they still have and play some final shows altogether, with Derrick, Max and Igor.

Like, have both vocalists on stage, a real celebration of everything the band achieved, all eras. It sounds like it's the last chance they're gonna get.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2023, 12:46:44 PM »
As a fan of the Green era of the band, I am definitely sad they are hanging it up.  I really enjoy everything from A-Lex to Quadra, and the earlier Green stuff is not quite as good, but still decent overall.  Hopefully I can catch them on this last tour, and they can pull out a nice career spanning setlist.  Cheers to Sepultura.

The only early album I can't get into is Against. There are a few like Dante that I always like when I put it in but never crave listening to it. Theirbother like Quadra, Kairos, Machine Messiah and others are amazing though. Totally criminally underrated.

I for one don't need to see a reunion. I admire the shit out of Sepultura for 1)never having a huge fallout with the others to begin with and 2) never feeling the need to revisit the past.

Their popularity waned and they stayed true to themselves.

Online Grappler

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2023, 12:54:16 PM »
I for one don't need to see a reunion. I admire the shit out of Sepultura for 1)never having a huge fallout with the others to begin with and 2) never feeling the need to revisit the past.

Their popularity waned and they stayed true to themselves.

I can agree with this, but I just look at other bands and wish they they could figure out a way to do something smaller.  It doesn't have to be a full blown Maiden or Helloween, where you carry forward with a combined lineup, but more like Sentenced's final show, where they played 5-6 songs in the middle of the set with their prior singer. 

Have Max and Igor join for the final encore, and keep Derrick on stage as well, or whatever.  Just to touch on the classic lineup, giving the fans something cool.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2023, 01:38:32 PM »
After their best album in a long long time, quite sad news.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2023, 10:30:13 AM »
It's sad. The last 2 albums are among the band's best for me. But, given the recent events in Andreas' personal life, I totally understand that he wants a radical change in his life, beyond Sepultura, although I think there's a genuine desire in ending band's activities in a high note. However, I hope he and Eloy continue making music together, incredible partnership!!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2024, 11:27:09 AM »
https://blabbermouth.net/news/drummer-eloy-casagrande-quits-sepultura-to-join-another-project
Well, I'm really sad, as I think Eloy really gave new life and inspiration to Sepultura in the last 10 years. But Sepultura was already at the end of their road and sure Eloy is too young and talented to retire. Since he's leaving in such a hurry, it seems like this another project is something really big.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2024, 11:42:33 AM »
Well shit. Seems odd to leave so suddenly and so close to the finish line. Greyson Nekrutman is a solid drummer who I’m sure will do a good job. And if the SlipKnot rumor is true, good for Eloy.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2024, 04:37:42 PM »
https://blabbermouth.net/news/drummer-eloy-casagrande-quits-sepultura-to-join-another-project
Well, I'm really sad, as I think Eloy really gave new life and inspiration to Sepultura in the last 10 years. But Sepultura was already at the end of their road and sure Eloy is too young and talented to retire. Since he's leaving in such a hurry, it seems like this another project is something really big.

When Corey calls, you pick up the phone.   :metal

Offline Kocak

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2024, 01:38:24 AM »
I feel that he'd be great for Slipknot. The band statement feels like there's some bad blood between the band and Casagrande at the moment.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2024, 02:44:14 AM »
For him to leave so suddenly the proposal must have been a 'join now or the offer is retracted.'  Can't blame him.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.