Author Topic: MP forum Roll Call  (Read 23797 times)

Online faizoff

Re: MP forum Roll Call
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
Here!  MP.com member since before the crash, frequent poster in the past, not so much lately except for the infamous FLAC thread.

In which you delivered, if I remember correctly.   Someone else came in with some touchy-feely pseudo science, and I think I learned 98% of my digital copy reproduction knowledge from your reply.

A few of us delivered (portnoy311, gborland, et al).  Those are the threads I go for anyway -- science, nerdy, and geeky.  Who remembers the Moon Landing threads?  That guy pissed me off to no end.

I remember that one. Cannot recall his avatar or name off the top, but if you said it I'd be like oh yeah him! That was hilarious in that at every single turn, he was refuted yet kept going. That is a thread that would end up in the P/R section here I reckon.

Ah TRoye. Those were were the days. I remember when Wey busted him for coming back as another user with a different name.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
Hold up a second. Is SeventhSon here under a different name? This is important to know. :)

He was; I believe he was summarily shown the door a few months ago. 

Offline romdrums

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »
Here!  MP.com member since before the crash, frequent poster in the past, not so much lately except for the infamous FLAC thread.

In which you delivered, if I remember correctly.   Someone else came in with some touchy-feely pseudo science, and I think I learned 98% of my digital copy reproduction knowledge from your reply.

A few of us delivered (portnoy311, gborland, et al).  Those are the threads I go for anyway -- science, nerdy, and geeky.  Who remembers the Moon Landing threads?  That guy pissed me off to no end.

I remember that one. Cannot recall his avatar or name off the top, but if you said it I'd be like oh yeah him! That was hilarious in that at every single turn, he was refuted yet kept going. That is a thread that would end up in the P/R section here I reckon.

That would have been the infamous GlassDream.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online faizoff

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
Btw TRoye was the guy that was asking about the moon landing. That's what I was referring to in my post.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cable

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
Then there was Gravy originally being banned as a different name, and he posted under both before the first was banned? I was only there for Gravy postings, and not the prior account.
---

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
Btw TRoye was the guy that was asking about the moon landing. That's what I was referring to in my post.

Well, we all know they were faked.  The flag didn't droop. 

Offline romdrums

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 02:08:06 PM »

That would have been the infamous GlassDream.

D'OH! Thought I was replying about the FLAC thread.  The moon landing thread was something else entirely.  That one made my brain hurt.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »
Hold up a second. Is SeventhSon here under a different name? This is important to know. :)

Lord, I was this close to coming in contact with him again? What happened this time?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2017, 04:11:24 PM »

Lord, I was this close to coming in contact with him again? What happened this time?

Stadler, what was his name here?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
chaossystem
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »
Oh damn. He was nuts.  I had a few dustups with him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »

"7th".

His threads can still be found in the P/R forum, including one that was bumped just yesterday (about "silencing opposing views"). His stay here was brief but memorable.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2017, 05:09:45 PM »

The same thing that happened over at MP's. And I thought it was just as fucked up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
:adami:

This is the coolest thing ever. Seriously. So Cage damn awesome.

Let me check one thing.....

:AdamilovesBosk:

Dammit. Can’t have it all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

"7th".

His threads can still be found in the P/R forum, including one that was bumped just yesterday (about "silencing opposing views"). His stay here was brief but memorable.

God, put me down with Kattelox in the 'thank Christ I dodged that' department... I'm all about dissenting views but I don't think he was capable of writing anything that wasn't bait.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
Oh damn. He was nuts.  I had a few dustups with him.
Sorry King, I was kidding. I just named the first person that came to mind on the forum that had a memorable exit. Sorry to mislead, I thought it was funny. I just learned he was 7th here too, but looking through 7th's posts there doesn't seem to be a difference besides use of capitalization.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:54:17 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:53 PM »
I don't remember 7th.  Maybe if I saw the thread I would.  Damn old age.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
Funny addendum to the SeventhSon story. MP Forumers may recall I had some blazing arguments with him in the two political threads over the years (one of which culminated in my removing my old account and taking a break from the Forum for everyone's benefit). I generally couldn't stand him, I thought his posting style was too often designed to rile people up and take discussions on stupid tangents, and I assumed that he couldn't stand me either.

After he got kicked off MP's place he came over here and PMed me, of all people, to ask how to join in the P/R forum. I briefly told him how to request admission, and that was that. I consciously avoided him in the posts he made on here, and stayed a mile away from his P/R threads.

Then, some months later, shortly before he got banned from here but knew it was about to happen, he PMed me again and gave me his e-mail address and social media info, and said he'd love to keep in touch (I haven't, but I did have a clear the air exchange with him, because I was completely taken aback by the difference between the person who posts as "SeventhSon/7th", and the person who was now writing to me as himself).

The point is, in private he's actually a very different kind of person, which I suppose is predictable. He listens in a way that he doesn't in public.  Most of what he did was shtick (perhaps even 'trolling'), which was frustrating, because when he wasn't doing that he had interesting and informed things to say on a variety of topics. But his deliberately provocative baiting of "the left" and insisting people "own" positions which he'd dreamt up for them wasn't conducive to proper and calm discussion in my opinion, and I wish he hadn't felt the need to do it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »
In my 10 years of going to MP's forum, Seventh was the only - the ONLY - person I genuinely could not stand. For a few months I tried to reevaluate him but I'd say the last few months of his stay there were unbearable. Some of the things he said, whether he believed them or not, were truly reprehensible.

A very brief story, I recall meeting an MP Forum member at my first Dream Theater show last fall, and talked to them about some of the things we had learned about Seventh over his time in that thread. I don't think I'll forget the look of shock/horror on their face when they heard about his views, haha.

Still - I don't wish him ill at all, but I am so glad I missed running into him here. I really do hope he is different in person and that he was hamming it up a lot here, but who knows. I hope he takes care of himself and is well.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
How long can winter color your every word?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2017, 08:35:57 PM »
Kattelox, how old are you?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
Don't mind me, I was - shall you say - 'triggered' by Dave's post. I am 26.

Lethean?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
:)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2017, 12:37:47 AM »
chaossystem

According to Dave, SeventhSon was 7th here - assume it actually wasn't chaossystem?
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2017, 12:57:33 AM »
Just want to say welcome to all the guys who have migrated over.

This forum really is a wonderful place. I rekindled my love for DT about 3 and a half years ago. I joined this forum and ended up falling in love with the General Music Discussion (which is where I post 90% of the time). It really is a great community and there is a wide variety of musical tastes here. I can't even begin to list the amount of new bands I've discovered thanks to this forum  :heart

I don't even really consider myself that big a DT fan to be honest. I know I'm not the only one who came to discuss DT but stayed for the community (and to discuss everything but DT  :lol)

Enjoy

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2017, 07:35:19 AM »

It was "7th", and he had a Bruce Willis/Die Hard avatar.

I'm with Dave; I had one personal exchange with him and it was like a completely different person.  Very nice guy, lucid, practical, in my case generous.   I know about being argumentative and not let something go, but I hope to god I'm not as all over the map as he could be at times.   We had threads that literally started with him arguing "A", against others' "B", and ended with him arguing "B" to whoever would listen, all with a soupcon of "Libtards" and "snowflakes" sprinkled in.   

Offline Cable

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2017, 07:36:26 AM »
:adami:

This is the coolest thing ever. Seriously. So Cage damn awesome.

Let me check one thing.....

:AdamilovesBosk:

Dammit. Can’t have it all.

Freakin Deadpool gets an emoji, wtf.
---

Offline Lethean

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
Quote from: Kattelox link=topic=509

[quote author=Vakaren link=topic=50901.msg2356872#msg2356872 date=1505961029

Lethean?
[/quote]

I'm thinking I want to change my name.  This one is fine, but I like Lethean better. (The song is better too).  The forum help has instructions for changing your display name, but they don't seem to match what I'm seeing.  Does anyone know if a user can change their display name?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
Pretty funny. Just visited the Forum and 2 little troll posts have shown up in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. One from epic member SteveJohnson, who's been absent for quite awhile, and moderator Nippett.

I had also noticed that all the other forums had not been locked down when it all went down.

Steve's- https://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m3003796.aspx

Nippett's - https://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m3003795.aspx
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online faizoff

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »
^Lol at Steve's post. I really missed his humor back in the photoshop threads we used to have. He did some amazing Gaahl stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »

Lethean?

I'm thinking I want to change my name.  This one is fine, but I like Lethean better. (The song is better too).  The forum help has instructions for changing your display name, but they don't seem to match what I'm seeing.  Does anyone know if a user can change their display name?
[/quote]

Unfortunately I don't see anything, but maybe I missed something. :/

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »

Lethean?

As far as I know only the mods can change your forum name but don't quote me on that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lethean

« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2017, 05:51:24 PM »
I'll send a PM - just wanted to make sure it wasn't something obvious I was missing first.  Thanks. :)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
Hey, look, Lethean joined us here!

:biggrin:
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2017, 09:24:37 AM »
Welcome, Lethean... if that is your true username  :lol :biggrin: