Author Topic: New Interview With James LaBrie  (Read 5634 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: New Interview With James LaBrie
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »

Not really.

https://youtu.be/-rZLe7LjihE?t=155

Someone did a nice job of speeding up the Pull Me Under vocals there to make it fit. :lol :lol

Note: we had this discussion here years ago, and while there are arrangement similarities, that doesn't mean they were trying to recreate I&W.  Bands reuse arrangements all the time.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2017, 09:33:48 AM »
Yeah, don't want to start up old discussions either, but as always the truth is in the middle; *some* songs on the album have structures that resembles some other songs on I&W, sometimes more precise, other times more loose (see the piano intro in Lost Not Forgotten, or the chorus in Outrcy, Metropolis supposedly is the basis for Outrcry but it has no chorus) - to take it from here and say that the *entire* album was a recreation section by section of I&W, without even knowing why the similarities are there (for all we know it could have been a songwriting approach just to see what was coming out and the results were appreciated), is a bit too far.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Evai

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
I'm saying they tried to make an album that sounds like I&W already, so if they try it again it'll probably sound like ADTOA (except with an 8 string) :)
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
Well, when Iron Maiden toured for the Early Years, playing songs from only the first four albums, the year after they came out with A Matter of Life and Death, which was as removed from those records as it could be. So I don't expect too much of a correlation between what they feel now, and how they'll feel when they'll enter the studio  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Lovely interview... great accent   :tup