Author Topic: HELP looking for a thriller movie and cant find the name  (Read 1391 times)

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind
HELP looking for a thriller movie and cant find the name
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
I am trying to recognize what is the name of the movie I can't remember anything besides the plot:

A young guy is so happy he has his dream car. he gets back home, park the car and when he steps out, a big truck comes splashing water and hitting his car and the guy gets so upset his dream car is destroyed. all of a sudden a guy with a suit appears with a brand new amazing car and hands him the keys. the young guy is wondering why is he doing that so he is explaining to him that one time he needed help and someone did him a favor and now he is paying it back and he is telling the guy that one day he will have to return a favor. then the movie becomes a thriller-criminal movie

That's it. right now wanna kill myself I will do anything to find what movie that was.

Thanks a lot!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:51:36 AM by ori.elias5 »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: HELP looking for a thriller movie and cant find the name
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
Pay it Forward  That was the clip in the initial trailer (below).  Haley Joel Osment, Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfW0wCV9iFI  53 seconds is the clip you're referring to.

BTW, the rest of the movie is not a thriller/criminal movie.   :lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:52:55 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »
Pay it Forward  That was the clip in the initial trailer (below).  Haley Joel Osment, Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfW0wCV9iFI  53 seconds is the clip you're referring to.

BTW, the rest of the movie has little to do with this scene.

It's not pay it forward but i would say it's the thriller-mystery version of it

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »

BTW, the rest of the movie has little to do with this scene.

It's not pay it forward but i would say it's the thriller-mystery version of it

No idea then... perhaps your mixing memories of different movies?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
It must be one of those various other movies that has a scene in the rain of a truck destroying a guy's car, then a stranger in a suit hands him the keys to a new car and tells him to pay it forward.  :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
It reminded me a tiny bit of Interstate 60, but that was Gary Oldman's bike ran over by a truck after Michael J Fox open's the car door, the more I think about it, it is nothing like it, but it is a great film!  :laugh:

Rereading what you wrote, it really does sound exactly like Pay it Forward .. type opening scene in google and exactly what comes up is what you describe.
Then I was thinking Mr. Destiny with James Belushi, but his car only stalls then it goes in another direction, there is no car given....

Offline T-ski

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
Approx. year?
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind