Paradise Lost
0 (0%)
Underworld
2 (15.4%)
(see results without voting)
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 11, 2017, 12:57:12 AM

Author Topic: Symphony X Survivor - The Albums - Round 4  (Read 655 times)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Symphony X Survivor - The Albums - Round 4
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »
Round 4 of the Symphony X album survivor. In this division of the survivor, each of the albums will be eliminated in each round & their final ranking will determine how many songs from that album will go on to the finals (the songs themselves being determined by the individual album survivors). 1st place album gets 5 songs in the finals, 2nd & 3rd get 4, 4th 5th & 6th get 3, 7th & 8th get 2, 9th gets 1. One extra song from each album will go on to consolations, where the top two winners of that survivor get a second chance to go into the finals. For this round, vote for the album you want the least amount of songs in the finals from. If you don't care about voting &/or haven't heard all of the albums but still want to know the current results, select "(see results without voting)". You cannot see the results otherwise & once you have voted, you cannot change your vote. Round lasts 24 hours.

Results last round:
The Damnation Game - 4 votes (30.8%)
Twilight In Olympus- 6 votes (46.2%)
Paradise Lost - 2 votes (15.4%)
Underworld - 1 vote (7.7%)

Twilight In Olympus has been eliminated.

Current rankings:
#1.
#2.
#3.

#4.
#5.
#6. (currently deciding)

#7. Twilight In Olympus
#8. Iconoclast

#9. Symphony X

Well, that came as a shock. I honestly don't know how TIO got that many votes last round, but apparently enough people agreed with me on it that it managed to get eliminated early. I know me & Silent Cody have both been voting it out, but as for the other 4, I couldn't tell you. If anyone has proof of cheating then I'll redo the round, but otherwise, let's go on.

As for this round, the next two in my list are only a nanometre apart & flip around constantly. Of course I could go for the obvious vote of TDG, but with how unexpectedly divided people were last round (some voting Paradise Lost, others voting Underworld), I feel like that's only going to continue in this round. So I feel like I have an opportunity here to potentially vote out an album that I know a lot of DTF loves, which may not come again until later. & it also means that even if I'm wrong, the one that goes out next is also the one that's only a hair above it. So I guess it's a win-win to try to open the doors for people to vote for my 6th-ranked Symphony X album.

Underworld
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Re: Symphony X Survivor - The Albums - Round 4
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:59:53 AM »
#1.
#2.
#3.
#4.
#5.
#6. Underworld
#7. Iconoclast
#8. Symphony X (Debut)
#9. Twilight In Olympus

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 02:17:12 AM »
I vote The Odyssey. As I said somewhere here I prefer after The Odyssey era of Symphony X, with one exception :) Besides, The Odyssey is the album that I know not so well, it came up when my interest of the band was practicaly none...it came back when they released Paradise Lost.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:32:39 AM »
TDG.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:44:41 AM »
It sucks when your favorite album by a band ends up at the bottom of the list.

The Damnation Game

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:51 AM »
Underworld??  WTH, I'm actually contemplating that as my #1 album.  There's no way in hell that TDG and PL come anywhere close to comparing with it.

:youfail:

TDG
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LordCost

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:33:16 AM »
I'm not one of the missing voters of TiO. I've stopped voting to the album survivor because I don't know well V. I know only that TDWOT is my favourite but I've got no idea for the rest of the ranking, apart that Iconoclast is my least favourite.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »
There's no way in hell that TDG and PL come anywhere close to comparing with it.

Oh ho, you're gonna be pissed when you see where I ranked that album.  :corn

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni