Author Topic: How do you handle strangers asking you for money?  (Read 680 times)

Offline wolfking

Re: How do you handle strangers asking you for money?
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 05:22:39 AM »
And then? I mean, now you have a bunch of $20 bills, which isn't something they can expect to get.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  You can't get spare change out of an ATM.  I'd be more worried about them mugging me after getting cash out. 

I can't believe people actually ask that.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »
And then? I mean, now you have a bunch of $20 bills, which isn't something they can expect to get.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  You can't get spare change out of an ATM.  I'd be more worried about them mugging me after getting cash out. 

I can't believe people actually ask that.

They expect the $20, don't kid yourself.  It's them playing on human nature. 

Offline dparrott

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »
I was staying in a hotel by the LA Airport and went to the local Dennys to pick up dinner.  As I was walking out a big white scruffy looking man asked me for money.  All I had was a $5 so I just kinda shook my head and kept walking.  This dude CHEWED ME OUT!  Like a 5 min rant saying shit like "Did I do something to you?  I'm a war veteran.  I don't deserve this treatment..." blah blah blah.  I didn't retaliate, I just let him vent.  I was like "OK, sorry, here's my last $5" 

It's a good thing for him I'm nice, if he did that to the wrong person, he would get his ass beat or worse.

But usually if I have something extra I'll kick them down some change or a buck.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:07:45 PM by dparrott »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 12:05:27 AM »
I usually just put it in their G-string so they can get back to the stage.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 01:41:09 AM »
I think I could live with only 5% of the money I give to panhandlers going to actually needy people because the alternative is those 5% of people going hungry and having to endure a miserable and possibly frightening night that could've easily been avoided. I'll now wait for people to explain how those people could've avoided being in those situations by working harder because everybody can make it and there's no such thing as a disadvantage.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline dparrott

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
I've been living and/or working in Ventura County CA for almost 30 years.  I am seeing more people asking for money now than ever before.  And this is a wealthy area! Sign o' the times I guess. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.