Author Topic: What is this Sensation?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
What is this Sensation?
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
I've noticed over the past few years that when I see someone suffer an injury like say.....stub a bare toe on a corner.....fall off of something or trip and slam into the ground.....something unexpected yet brutal like that......I get this almost empathetic twinge/sensation that shoots through my groin and down my leg. It's not painful per say, but it is very noticeable and kind of stops me in my tracks.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, anyone know 'what' that is? I tried searching for it online but the search always leads me to 'empathy pain' and the description isn't quite what I'm experiencing.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: What is this Sensation?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
I am so sorry, but you may be becoming a liberal.

My condolences.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
I am so sorry, but you may be becoming a liberal.

My condolences.

:ontome:

:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »
Could be a pinched nerve.  It could be that you have a hernia.  Get it checked Gary.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
Could be a pinched nerve.  It could be that you have a hernia.  Get it checked Gary.

Hmmmm....never thought it was something physical. because I don't notice anything until I 'see' something happen to someone else then that sensation hits. It's really weird..

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
I know exactly what you mean.  It's perfectly normal.  It's like "oh, that's gotta hurt" and it's hurts to see it.  That's your brain feeling the pain and it must be some kind of reflex action or something, not sure.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:29:49 AM »
I know exactly what you mean.  It's perfectly normal.  It's like "oh, that's gotta hurt" and it's hurts to see it.  That's your brain feeling the pain and it must be some kind of reflex action or something, not sure.

Yep. That's it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:53:22 AM »
I've noticed over the past few years that when I see someone suffer an injury like say.....stub a bare toe on a corner.....fall off of something or trip and slam into the ground.....something unexpected yet brutal like that......

You see that often? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »
I get that feeling every time you open up a new round in your roulette Tim.  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

Yep. That's it.

Yeah I've had it too. Tis a most unpleasant feeling.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »
I get that feeling every time you open up a new round in your roulette Tim.  :biggrin:

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:12:40 AM »
Yep, happens to me sometimes. I take as some kind of physical empathy
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »
Huh, I used to get that twinge when someone mentioned Barry Manilow...but, not since my prostatectomy.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Take your schlong out of her mouth before you pop her in the jaw...see if it still happens.   :biggrin:

Sorry.

It's possible you could have sympathy pains. Men get pregnancy sympathy pains, morning sickness, and cravings.  So, why not this too?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »
I've noticed over the past few years that when I see someone suffer an injury like say.....stub a bare toe on a corner.....fall off of something or trip and slam into the ground.....something unexpected yet brutal like that......I get this almost empathetic twinge/sensation that shoots through my groin and down my leg. It's not painful per say, but it is very noticeable and kind of stops me in my tracks.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, anyone know 'what' that is? I tried searching for it online but the search always leads me to 'empathy pain' and the description isn't quite what I'm experiencing.

It's called feelings. I know as a Blues fan you've become numb to this sensation over the years, but it's not a new concept.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »
It's his groin complaining about his sex life dealing with 3 boys.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »
Pansyitis?

Did I do it right?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Take your schlong out of her mouth before you pop her in the jaw...see if it still happens.   :biggrin:

Gonna have to remember that....I always get so caught up in the moment....

It's his groin complaining about his sex life dealing with 3 boys.

the accuracy of this post is frightening....