Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor  (Read 3149 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 10:42:57 PM »
Haha LeBron James shouldn't be allowed to stand up at sporting events. I feel sorry for the chump who paid $20k to stare at the king's back.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
And this might be done in 10. McGregor looks exhausted out there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:16 PM »
Endurance is McGregor's downfall. 12 rounds is too much for him.

Bulshit stoppage. Let the guy hit the mat first.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »
10 Rounds! At least fans who dropped $$ on this got their money's worth. Great job Conor for taking a legend to 10 rounds in your first fight.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
Against the champ who is 50-0.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 10:58:49 PM »
It was an entertaining fight; money well spent.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »
Herrick, have you've been on a cave?  You haven't heard of McGregor?

I know who he is but I haven't watched any of his fights. I know he's a very dominant MMA fighter but I don't know who he has defeated or who has beaten him. I don't even know if he's undefeated in the UFC. I'm going through all the older fights and I'm not reading about any current fighters so nothing gets spoiled. This way I can watch the rise and fall of all the big name UFC guys.

So McGregor lost? No surprise. He's a winner either way. He gets all that money and he's just another guy who lost to Mayweather. Not only that but he's a non-pro boxer who lost to Mayweather. If McGregor would've won then everyone would say, "Mayweather's old and past his prime". This whole thing was a cash grab & to bring more mainstream attention to MMA. Lots of people made lots of money. Good for them.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »
Yup.  It was the best of both worlds.  Anybody who thought McGregor could win was foolish but to last close to 10 rounds was a moral victory.

You could see the lack of defense for McGregor. The stamina would be an issue and was.  Still it was a great thing for both entities.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 07:39:34 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the fight. I was really into it pretty much from round 1 all the way through 10. Good stuff

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
I had no interest in this, but my brother ended up buying it cause his son/my 12-year old nephew wanted to see it, so I went over and watched it.  Entertaining to a point, but McGregor looked exhausted by the 4th round, and Mayweather looked like he could have taken over and won it from pretty much any point from the 4th round on.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
I thought Mayweather could have taken over and won from any point after the opening bell. Looked to me like he was taking the piss. I saw nothing that led me to believe that McGregor could hurt FM. In any case, it actually was a pretty entertaining fight to watch. CM's shifting styles made it interesting. There were some things in there that you never see in a boxing match. There was one point where McGreggor jumped hard to get to FM's 5:00 and FM had a right waiting for him when he got there. Fun stuff.

Bulshit stoppage. Let the guy hit the mat first.
I don't think so. Mayweather was landing blows uncontested. CM was effectively helpless when Byrd stopped it and he stopped it exactly when would have.

And while it doesn't factor into the decision to stop the bout, McGreggor couldn't have won no matter how long it went on. He didn't have the power to beat Mayweather and he was too far down in points to win on the cards.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 12:19:42 PM »
Maybe I'm old school but I want to see a man go down.I get he was at the point of being defenseless but I'd like to see a boxer hit the canvas.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »
Josh you whore. :lol

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 11:38:59 PM »

Can't risk having the forum thinking I'm a decent person.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 11:52:51 PM »

Can't risk having the forum thinking I'm a decent person.

Last thing on our minds bro.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:21 AM »

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2017, 08:54:12 AM »
More competitive fight than I thought it would be, mainly because Floyd choose to let it be, but still, probably the most entertaining Floyd fight in a long while.