Author Topic: Need a legit replacement for an iPod? I may have found the product for you.  (Read 3776 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Looks like a great device.

I have a 256gb iPhone so I just moved my entire library to my phone but if I ever need a dedicated player and when my iPod dies this may be a great replacement.

Offline jammindude

Oh fuuuuuuuu

I'm kinda pissed.   My wife couldn't figure out how to shuffle *ALL* the songs in random order, and was about ready to throw it in the garbage.   I was convinced we just hadn't figured it out yet, but now I'm finding this thread and it doesn't sound like the X1 has that capability.   Feeling totally frustrated and even a bit ripped off.   Such a basic feature.   WHY WOULD YOU NOT HAVE THIS??

https://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40121

I just have to say that I solved this problem....but it's a bitch and I can see why so many people are having trouble with it.

When I put the device mode on shuffle, and then went to all songs, it *still* was not shuffling through the songs.   But if I select shuffle from the quick menu while playing from the all songs file *THEN* it finally worked.   

What a pain in the ass.  But I'm glad it works.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

I may not have solved the problem. 

When I hit "shuffle" at work, the FiiO freezes about every hour or so.  I constantly have to turn it off and then turn it back on again and start from a different song. 

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT:  BTW, I've already shut off the "idle" function, and there's no rhyme or reason to how long it lasts.  Sometimes it will play two songs before it freezes, sometimes it will go for almost two hours.  But I would say 45-60 min is the average before I have to reset it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:49:23 PM by jammindude »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Wow....I don't what to tell you but mine is working fine save for some minor hiccups. Nothing as bad as yours though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jammindude

OK. I think I figured out what the problem is. This time, it happened when my screen was on so I was able to witness what was taking place.  On some tracks, the name and information comes up, but the time reads has zero. That leads me to believe that something is wrong with the card.   The files all work on my computer and on my iPod and they are all from the same source. So it makes sense to me that the FiiO  is capable of reading files from iTunes.  My next question to everyone would be, would it help to reformat the card and start all over again? Or could it have been just a glitch in the transfer?

The only frustrating thing right now is that I have almost 3000 songs on the card and I'm not sure exactly which ones or how many are a problem. But the shuffle works fine until it happens along a corrupt file. Then the whole thing freezes.

Offline Ben_Jamin

Oh didn't snap you have the X1. I got the X5 (don't know which version at the moment).

Hope you can figure it out.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Yeah that'd help, jammingdude. Format the card and transfer the files again, but in little bunches, so you can try and see if there are any corrupt files as you go. By the way, do you have any MP3s?

Offline Ben_Jamin

Jammindude, just be glad you didn't have to re-rip all your cds onto your new laptop. Now that was fun.

Offline jammindude

Re: Need a legit replacement for an iPod? I may have found the product for you.
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
Yeah that'd help, jammingdude. Format the card and transfer the files again, but in little bunches, so you can try and see if there are any corrupt files as you go. By the way, do you have any MP3s?

Reformatting the card did help, and it runs fine now.   Seriously...THANK YOU!   WHEW...   The crazy thing about all this is that RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of trying to put new files on the card, my laptop started to crash.  (This is my wife's old laptop, and she was having issues with it...but had completely wiped and reloaded the system and then gave it to me, and it had been running normally ever since.  But suddenly started having the same issue....freezing and shutting off).   

I panicked because I hadn't yet transferred my iTunes files to my external.   But I rebooted long enough to transfer that ENTIRE 180Gig folder over to my external before the laptop crashed again.   So I dodged another bullet there. 

I do have a few MP3's,  but I had started to rip everything in WMA and only got up to the C's before my daughter gave me an iPod and I finally decided to "take the plunge" and go all in on iTunes.   The only MP3's I have are some boots, and a few 320-MP3's directly from the artist.  (Steven Wilson, Odd Logic...etc).

Jammindude, just be glad you didn't have to re-rip all your cds onto your new laptop. Now that was fun.

And as you can see above, I very nearly lost those as well.   That would have been a nightmare!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
Glad you got the problem solved. Hope you enjoy the player. I do, but I mainly leave it in Pure Music Mode.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »
So, now if I wanted a cheapie mp3 player that had Bluetooth capability for use solely in my car, what would you recommend? Bluetooth is the primary requirement, also an SD card slot would be nice.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Finally looked up what I got. X5iii not the 2nd gen like I thought.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »

Question you might not be able to answer (if anyone can, please chime in). Do you have a car stereo that is touch screen, or at least displays iPod artwork? If so, does the artwork, artist, song title, appear on the screen when you hook up this device?

I am terrified of investing in new tech, hooking it up in the car (which is what I use my iPod for), and finding out only the text displays. I love having the artwork displayed for the record I am listening to...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
Keep your eyes on the road!  :P
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 06:07:08 PM »

Question you might not be able to answer (if anyone can, please chime in). Do you have a car stereo that is touch screen, or at least displays iPod artwork? If so, does the artwork, artist, song title, appear on the screen when you hook up this device?

I am terrified of investing in new tech, hooking it up in the car (which is what I use my iPod for), and finding out only the text displays. I love having the artwork displayed for the record I am listening to...

Apple car play is so nice for this.