Author Topic: DTF's top 10 "'80s metal" bands  (Read 23955 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF's top 10 "'80s metal" bands
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
Loudness
September 19, 1986
Providence Civic Center
(opening for AC/DC)

So, you were there, TAC? How was the band (if you remember, of course)?

B.Lee

I remember there being an Akira Takasaki solo and also a brief drum solo. It was really cool seeing them as I had long loved the Loud Live Alive album, though I don't think they played anything from it. At least what I can remember. I took a couple pics, but they all look like the one I posted. As much as I loved that live album, I wasn't really into Loudness per se. But I remember being very happy to see them.

Speaking of Japanese bands, I saw EZO a year later (opening for GnR in a club show) and they were totally cool. I have some pics in the "bin" in my basement.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:25 AM »
Loudness
September 19, 1986
Providence Civic Center
(opening for AC/DC)

So, you were there, TAC? How was the band (if you remember, of course)?

B.Lee

I remember there being an Akira Takasaki solo and also a brief drum solo. It was really cool seeing them as I had long loved the Loud Live Alive album, though I don't think they played anything from it. At least what I can remember. I took a couple pics, but they all look like the one I posted. As much as I loved that live album, I wasn't really into Loudness per se. But I remember being very happy to see them.

Speaking of Japanese bands, I saw EZO a year later (opening for GnR in a club show) and they were totally cool. I have some pics in the "bin" in my basement.

Thanks for your info on the show.

Unfortunately, my Japanese metal experience is limited to Loudness. I've heard of EZO but have never checked them out. Will have to do so.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2017, 05:15:25 AM »
I would also throw in Kuni as a very good Japanese band, with western vocalists.

In a more modern take, Galneryus always put a smile on my face with ridiculous musicianship.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »
I would also throw in Kuni as a very good Japanese band, with western vocalists.

In a more modern take, Galneryus always put a smile on my face with ridiculous musicianship.

Thanks for the heads up, Lowdz, will also try to check them out.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
Just came in here because I couldn't find the thread I was actually looking for, and just wanted to say, "My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the chord."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESXljCcw-_g
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."