Author Topic: "Awake in Japan ´95" VHS  (Read 1955 times)

Offline jamesstewart

"Awake in Japan ´95" VHS
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
I owe a copy of the bootleg "Awake in Japan ´95" on VHS.  I bought this around 1996 in Sweden. Sound and audio is pretty good for being a bootleg. Anyone interested of buying this?
christian@fantasticpeople.se

Offline Architeuthis

Re: "Awake in Japan ´95" VHS
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »
I think I own the same show. James voice was blown or maybe he was sick. Also John Myungs B-day if I remember right..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline jamesstewart

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
Cool! Can´t actually remember with James vocals.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »
James voice was blown or maybe he was sick.

Yes. This was a few weeks after James ruptured his vocal cords. He sounds pretty good considering. He has a pretty rough time with "Another Day" though, from what I remember.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
Here's a clip from that show.

I slightly screwed up that upload, as I didn't use the right deinterlacing method, but this should give you a sense of what the show looks/sounds like.
Some of it was on 5 Years In A LIVEtime, but they overdubbed a couple of bits where James's mic cuts out, and they made some cuts to some of the songs.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal