Author Topic: Maddi’s Corner – Tips from John Petrucci’s Master Tech  (Read 1031 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Maddi’s Corner – Tips from John Petrucci’s Master Tech
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:42:41 AM »
I think this is probably the right section for this, if not feel free to move. Looks like Maddi has started a blog over on the Music Man website, first article is up here -

https://blog.music-man.com/artists/maddis-corner-tips-from-john-petruccis-master-tech/

Good read! Looking forward to seeing more from Maddi. He seems like such a smart, level-headed guy.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Re: Maddi’s Corner – Tips from John Petrucci’s Master Tech
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:55:49 AM »
Yes, good read.  I like that he gave us the history of how he became JP's tech.  Thanks for posting!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
A very interesting read. I would love to own a Music Man, but my feeble skills are hardly worthy of one.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:29:47 AM »
Just the article I needed. I was having that exact problem with my Floyd rose after changing strings. I would have never thought about tightening the springs to compensate the bridge being elevated above the body drastically raising the action. It was like a tuning nightmare, back and forth back and forth just to go out again.  That article was very helpful. :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:06:36 AM »
Great Blog, interesting to read where he started to where he is today.  :)