Author Topic: HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM DREAM THEATER (6:00 On A Christmas Morning!)  (Read 65698 times)

Offline Grizz

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM DREAM THEATER (6:00 On A Christmas Morning!)
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »
I see discussion about the mix. The mix was never this good live Mangini-era. The guitar is probably more prominent live than on LaLP.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Tried downloading this, nobody seems to be seeding...  :sadpanda:

EDIT: Found an alternative download link, now don't you dare to crap out on me, you internet!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:06:49 PM by Scorpion »
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:32 AM »
I still listen to it regularly and it runs circles around LALP in the sonic department. The loud keys and the drum sound are a bliss and it features the definite live version of Peruvian Skies. 

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Daso

• A cultivator of dread
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2014, 10:56:16 PM »
I just believe the tracklist is really interesting. This version of To Live Forever might be my favorite one; if not, then the second after the one from Live in Tokyo.  Then there's Learning to Live, Through My Words/Fatal Tragedy, Another Day and The Count of Tuscany (I'm a huge fan of the second disc as you can see). It's just phenomenal   :tup

Offline billybobjoe1881

« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
I just opened this thread for the first time.  Seeing The Count Of Tuscany made this an instant download.  It's one of my favourite DT Tracks.

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:51 AM »
Does anyone have a link to this?

Offline Grizz

« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2014, 01:01:50 PM »
First page.
I'm seeding, but I don't have the enclosed art, checksums, or info, as the ones on DIME do not match up for some reason. Anyone want to seed those for the thirty seconds for which I need to download?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
I've been trying to download this forever, but nobody is ever seeding it. Can someone please seed?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
How do I seed it? I need the .torrent file right? I think I got rid of that.  :-\

Offline Grizz

« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Just grab it on the first page and direct your client to the folder in which you originally downloaded the stuff

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2014, 10:43:09 PM »
 :| …… ok yea I still don't know how to do it.

No but really, I think I get what that means, but that gives me the .torrent file, right? Then what do I do?

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2014, 11:17:45 PM »
Thank you guys for so much for trying to figure out how to seed this. I've been longing to hear this record since Christmas. I was visiting my folks at the time and was without my computer, so I never had a chance to download. Have never seen people seed it since. 

Offline billybobjoe1881

« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »
Use this link to download the torrent since there are no seeders on here. https://kickass.to/dream-theater-happy-holidays-2013-2cd-320kbps-cbr-mp3-vx-p2pdl-t8484207.html

Offline Grizz

« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Use this link to download the torrent since there are no seeders on here. https://kickass.to/dream-theater-happy-holidays-2013-2cd-320kbps-cbr-mp3-vx-p2pdl-t8484207.html
MPEG Layer 3 is bad.
Anyone else having trouble getting to the tracker?
Atliator, are you trying to download or seed?

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Googling "how to seed a torrent" now  :biggrin:  :P

Offline Grizz

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »
Seeding is uploading. Did you already download the music?

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:02 PM »
Yes I did the day it was available. Then that day I let it seed for a while, but now I just don't know how to open it and seed it more. I understand what seeding is, but I just can't figure out how to make the software do it  :blush.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »
I can't get it to start, it stays on this. I've been downloading multiple things this past week and it's stayed like this on all of them once they were done downloading.

Anyone know how to help?  :)

Offline Grizz

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
I do believe that means that it's seeding. If someone tries to download it they'll be connected to you.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »
Oh that's pretty funny if it's been doing it right the whole time :lol

So, that means if I download something, and the general rule is you upload as much as you downloaded.. I have to wait for someone to be there downloading before anything will actually be uploaded?

Offline Grizz

« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »
Yeah.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »
So let's say I leave some file in there for a week and no one takes it so I can't upload it.. If I take it out, is it true that bit torrent is going to lower my downloading speed? Last question, promise :laugh: :P

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
I don't think so.  I think it depends.  Ive downloaded plenty of torrents and haven't uploaded more than 1% of those downloads.  Nothing has slowed me down.  However, on sites like dimeadozen, you need to upload to be able to download which is fine because those are shared files for everyone where as some of the other stuff I have downloaded... well lets just leave it like that.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
So let's say I leave some file in there for a week and no one takes it so I can't upload it.. If I take it out, is it true that bit torrent is going to lower my downloading speed? Last question, promise :laugh: :P
That's not quite how it works.
uTorrent or whatever you use is like Firefox. Trackers control the distribution of bandwidth and metadata of the torrent and whatnot. Most private trackers (where you have to sign up and whatnot for "premium" content) like DIME have rules on maintaining ratios, or making sure you seed what you download. This is a public tracker and really can't do anything to regulate your use. It's just common courtesy to have a U/D ratio of at least 1.

I don't think so.  I think it depends.  Ive downloaded plenty of torrents and haven't uploaded more than 1% of those downloads.  Nothing has slowed me down.  However, on sites like dimeadozen, you need to upload to be able to download which is fine because those are shared files for everyone where as some of the other stuff I have downloaded... well lets just leave it like that.
That's rude. If it wasn't for the uploaders on those torrents you wouldn't be able to download it. Ever been frustrated with a slow torrent? It's because people like you don't seed. Like even if it's copyrighted material, at least have some honor among thieves.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:39 PM »
That's rude. If it wasn't for the uploaders on those torrents you wouldn't be able to download it. Ever been frustrated with a slow torrent? It's because people like you don't seed. Like even if it's copyrighted material, at least have some honor among thieves.

I guess I am rude and that's fine with me (considering the context).  At least I am honest! Also, for stuff like this, I let my computer stay on the whole weekend to seed when it was released. Id also have no problem seeding this again, but I am traveling so I wont be home to do that for awhile.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
Can someone help me? I'm trying to seed this but I'm timing out on both trackers. ???

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
The green arrow that points up (yes I got it to be green) keeps turning red.. Does that mean "I'm timing out on both trackers" ?

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
I'm trying to download via torrent but getting nothing and seeing no seeders.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2014, 12:48:36 AM »
I'm trying to seed too, but the trackers are not working. I don't really have enough experience with torrents to be able to know exactly what's wrong, so if someone does know this, please tell us.
EDIT: Ok guys, I sort of found out what the problem was. Torrents need those trackers to be able to connect to each other; I think it's a bit like when large multiplayer games have servers. I don't know which torrent client you guys are using, and I don't know if I can link to this, but if you google 'torrent trackers' you should find a website with a list of all torrent trackers in 2013. Now, in your torrent client, you have to add all these trackers to your tracker list for the torrent. I've done that and there are multiple trackers that are working, so if you guys can add the trackers I should be able to seed for you :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:58:11 AM by Onno »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2017, 12:42:08 AM »
Oh man. It sucks so much I had this but now I don't since my old laptop took a massive fart. Is there a way to get this again? Is there a torrent available that is seeding?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2017, 02:14:39 PM »
This magnet link should do it:
Code: [Select]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ca2b4a14bff2780143e5e611b15f580381df2db9&dn=Dream%20Theater%20-%20Happy%20Holidays%202013&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337
It's the same torrent as always, just with all the broken trackers removed, and one tracker that actually does work put in.
If you're a little nervous about clicking a magnet link from some stranger online, you can just paste the tracker into the original torrent:
Code: [Select]
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2017, 03:26:16 PM »
I got it downloaded. Thanks though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD