Author Topic: 7th and 8th  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Re: 7th and 8th
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 11:55:39 PM »
Anthrax - Stomp 442 (awesome)

Excuse me, wot

TAC is right on that one, Stomp 442 is a tremendous record.  :metal

Shocked I'm the first to mention Highway to Hell and Back in Black.  Not sure they have anything better than those two.

Hard to beat those two but I would have sworn they were "earlier" in their career like 4th and 5th or something, I actually had to look it up because I tough you got it wrong.  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »

Excuse me, wot

To each their own I guess, but that's an album I genuinely hate, especially compared to anything else Anthrax has released (even Volume 8, which I just find really mediocre).

Shocked I'm the first to mention Highway to Hell and Back in Black.  Not sure they have anything better than those two.

Hard to beat those two but I would have sworn they were "earlier" in their career like 4th and 5th or something, I actually had to look it up because I tough you got it wrong.  ;)

It depends on what country you're talking about though. The original High Voltage wasn't released internationally until 1984 (& even then, not all the songs), & in the US, Dirty Deeds wasn't released until 1981. So it'd be 7th/8th for Australia, 5th/6th for the US & 6th/7th everywhere else.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:51 AM »

Excuse me, wot

:metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
"Weird Al" Yankovic is an interesting one, because his 7th and 8th albums are Off the Deep End and Alapalooza. Both great albums, but he definitely hit his peak, for me, with #9 and 10 (Bad Hair Day and Running With Scissors).
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
Spock's Beard is clearly the exception to this, considering 2 of their WORST albums were 7 & 8 (Feel Euphoria & Octane)... though, I really like Octane.

Octane is amazing.