Author Topic: Tour Visuals - The Astonishing Tour  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Donmac1989

• "Our deeds have traveled far."
Tour Visuals - The Astonishing Tour
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »
Besides the one's they put on their YouTube page, it would be awesome to have a dvd/blu ray of a show from the Astonishing Tour w/ a full video of all the visuals as a bonus feature or disc. Anyone's thoughts is welcome in this thread :)
This feeling inside me
Finally found my love, I've finally broke free
No longer torn in two
I'd take my own life before losing you

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
Re: Tour Visuals - The Astonishing Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:28 PM »
I dunno Man... I just can't get through The Astonishing in one time straight... So my answer is - I don't care about the DVD from The Astonishing tour, I want a new album from DT which will be listenable for me.   :)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
Besides the one's they put on their YouTube page, it would be awesome to have a dvd/blu ray of a show from the Astonishing Tour w/ a full video of all the visuals as a bonus feature or disc. Anyone's thoughts is welcome in this thread :)

I think it would be great, but the best hope of anything is probably through official bootleg or Christmas gift or something like that.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
Would want that too...

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:14:44 PM »
Not too sure how much it would sell beyond the die hard fans. Not sure it would be enough justification.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »
I would never buy a live DVD of a DT tour where they are playing mostly TA songs.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
I would never buy a live DVD of a DT tour where they are playing mostly TA songs.

I'd buy both the audio set as well as the live dvd.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:11 AM »

Me too....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 02:49:41 PM »

Me too....

Yup.

Personally I'd really really love a blu-ray from the tour but I've come to sense that it won't happen.  I understand it's not terribly popular and I can see why a record label wouldn't be behind doing such a thing.  Now a ytse jam bootleg... please...

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Personally I'd really really love a blu-ray from the tour but I've come to sense that it won't happen.  I understand it's not terribly popular and I can see why a record label wouldn't be behind doing such a thing.  Now a ytse jam bootleg... please...

Didn't James recently say that's a possibility?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
High quality bootleg would be nice to see. Such a shame TA tour didn't get a professional filming for DVD. The visuals were awesome and great light show, plus the band sounded great! Maybe they'll do a one-off thing in the future for TA kind of like The Who just did for Tommy at The Royal Albert Hall soon to be released..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »

Yea I believe so, but I felt like he meant in terms of audio.  I'm not sure they filmed any of the shows to release a video.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »

Yea I believe so, but I felt like he meant in terms of audio.  I'm not sure they filmed any of the shows to release a video.

Then we'd get the full Descent of the Nomacs intro and A New Beginning extra 10 second solo. I wouldn't mind an audio only release for those alone.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »
Would have to figure they recorded (audio) at least one full Astonishing show for themselves....

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »
I'm sure they did. I don't know of it'd be cooler to release one good full show or selections from certain dates.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:07 AM »
I'm sure they did. I don't know of it'd be cooler to release one good full show or selections from certain dates.

As long as it's a full show, I'm not sure that I'd care at this point.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:17:39 PM by ytserush »

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »
I'd rather have a decent quality bootleg video of the show over audio only. If I want audio, I'll just listen to the studio CD which is hard to top..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
I'd rather have a decent quality bootleg video of the show over audio only. If I want audio, I'll just listen to the studio CD which is hard to top..

Yea I definitely would want video over audio only.  A ytse jam audio of the TA show is something I'd buy but not something that would really interest me.  I want to see the visuals again and watch the band play those songs.  The audio will end up so similar to the album that it wouldn't be that interesting besides the couple extras Ben_Jamin pointed out.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

Yea I definitely would want video over audio only.  A ytse jam audio of the TA show is something I'd buy but not something that would really interest me.  I want to see the visuals again and watch the band play those songs.  The audio will end up so similar to the album that it wouldn't be that interesting besides the couple extras Ben_Jamin pointed out.

I dont mind an audio because its live. Live always sounds different than the studio. Unless they did studio tricks. Which Ytsejams' shows dont do, ita raw from the recording.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »

I dont mind an audio because its live. Live always sounds different than the studio. Unless they did studio tricks. Which Ytsejams' shows dont do, ita raw from the recording.

You are right, but the whole album was played to a click so besides some mistakes, I'm not sure there's a lot of variance.  I would buy it and listen to it for the reasons you say, but I would like the visuals more so because that was cool and added something to the music.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 03:44:58 PM »

You are right, but the whole album was played to a click so besides some mistakes, I'm not sure there's a lot of variance.  I would buy it and listen to it for the reasons you say, but I would like the visuals more so because that was cool and added something to the music.

I'm with you on that too. What they should've done was have an option to include the visuals with the song. But I think since the turnout wasn't as anticipated, that put a damper on the chance to do those things for a possible DVD.

Which I am now glad I went to 2 shows because 1 was the only chance to see The Astonishing in full. The other was abriviated with encores. So in reality, those that went to the first leg, saw something we might never witness again.

That brings me to the no recordings restriction. I didnt mind that at all, it made me focus more on the show itself. Which seems to be the point of the restriction.
 Now, since their are no videos, those that chose not to go are now bummed, mainly the ones that said "I'll just watch it on youtube or the DVD."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
Yea, I'm also glad I went to both shows that were local (one on each leg). 

Honestly think the second show (very poorly attended NJ show) might go down as my favorite DT concert experience ever out of the 14 times I saw them.