Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 216279 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2019, 06:05:12 PM »
I just watched a show called Death Parade. Its an animated show where people are judged after death and the fate of their soul is decided. Only 12 episodes, very decent.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »
Just finished watching the last season of Adventure Time. Damn what a nice show it was, can't believe it's so old now  :'(

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
Been watching season 2 of 'The OA' on Netflix. It's a pretty neat yet odd series.....and this season two is taking it into an even more trippy/spiritual realm. Anyone else watch this series?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2019, 08:50:15 AM »
I've been watching this new show on Netflix called Derry Girls. It's only six episodes so far. Absolutely hysterical. I felt like there was little to no humor for the first 10 minutes while everything was introduced, and then once the first big joke hit, the laughs just kept coming. I was watching it in bed to fall asleep to and had to turn it off because I was legitimately laughing out loud too much. I have one episode left.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2019, 08:57:41 AM »
I've been watching this new show on Netflix called Derry Girls. It's only six episodes so far. Absolutely hysterical. I felt like there was little to no humor for the first 10 minutes while everything was introduced, and then once the first big joke hit, the laughs just kept coming. I was watching it in bed to fall asleep to and had to turn it off because I was legitimately laughing out loud too much. I have one episode left.

Hmmm.....my wife and I have been looking for a good comedy to watch together.

We watched the movie 'TAG' the other night thinking we may laugh. That was a mistake. Geesh....what an utterly bad movie.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2019, 08:59:45 AM »

We watched the movie 'TAG' the other night thinking we may laugh. That was a mistake. Geesh....what an utterly bad movie.

I'd give that one a go. At least the first two episodes. If you don't like it, you've only wasted 45 minutes of your life. Based on other shows you've mentioned you've liked, I think this one would at the very least provide some chuckles.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:11:10 AM by Chino »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:26 AM »

I'd give that one a go. At least the first to episodes. If you don't like it, you've only wasted 45 minutes of your life. Based on other shows you've mentioned you've liked, I think this one would at the very least provide some chuckles.

:tup

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »

I'd give that one a go. At least the first to episodes. If you don't like it, you've only wasted 45 minutes of your life. Based on other shows you've mentioned you've liked, I think this one would at the very least provide some chuckles.

:tup

Yeah, I quite enjoyed this one too.  :tup

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2019, 05:43:22 AM »
Derry Girls is a hoot. Just started watching the second season of the OA.  :tup
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2019, 08:39:03 AM »
Circling back to Derry Girls . I got around to watching episode 6 last night. That ending, man. Wasn't ready for that. Not sure what it was exactly, but it made me feel a lot of things.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
I didn’t realise Derry Girls went out across the pond!

Being from the same part of the world, I fully expected to hate it, since local shows are normally pretty cringeworthy, but, it’s very well written. It’s good that’s it’s being appreciated further afield.

I can recognise the Father Ted influence, which was a classic Irish sitcom from the 90s.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
Just started watching the second season of the OA.  :tup

Let me know when you finish....I’m curious about your opinion and thoughts

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2019, 04:46:44 AM »
Will do!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2019, 05:12:16 AM »
Watching "Hanna" on Prime. I loved the movie, and this series is just as good, but with a lot more detail as to the background of the characters.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2019, 06:36:11 PM »
Murder mountain on netflix

Its excellent. Its about weed farmers in the mountains of California and the copious amount of shady shit that goes down including murder, kidnappings, sex trafficking, labor trafficking and so forth.

Excellent documentary

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2019, 05:14:26 AM »
Just finished season 2 of "Tin Star". It takes place in the unlikely location of Southern Alberta Canada. Filmed there too. Starring Tim Roth and Christina Hendricks. :eek

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2019, 06:39:13 AM »
Watching "Hanna" on Prime. I loved the movie, and this series is just as good, but with a lot more detail as to the background of the characters.

I plan to start this soon. Still wrapping up my re-watch of GOT for the premiere this Sunday so I imagine I’ll fire this one up next week sometime.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2019, 06:10:31 AM »
I started the second seasons of Medici, after "Master of Florence" this season is dubbed "The Magnificent" because it centers around Lorenzo De' Medici.

Sean Bean plays the villain for once, and I guess we could call an historical spoiler what could happen to him  ;D

Also, I started watching The Good Place. For those who don't know, it's a quirky comedy about the afterlife, where the protagonist reaches what could be called heaven (the titular "good place") but she doesn't actually deserve to be there 'cause she's shallow and vain, and she has to hide it while trying to  better herself. Funny and ironic and I was immediately hooked up!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2019, 11:57:49 PM »
Netflix ted bundy movie: extremely wicked shockingly evil and vile

It was good and bad. A lot of it was a scatterbrained mess that jumps all over place in time and this is coming from someone that loves true crime and has been fascinated by Bundy. I know Bundy's history really well and this thing barley even scratches the surface. Its gets better once they get to the florida trial, but besides that, this docu-drama aint worth your time.

Zach Efron did a good job as bundy though 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:53:00 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »

Also, I started watching The Good Place.

The Good Place is the best comedy on TV right now. I started watching it after the 3rd season was already under way. I have now rewatched the whole 3 seasons several times already. It's probably my favorite show on TV right now.

On top of all of the other stuff I am watching, I recently started BONDiNG and Dead To Me on Netflix. Still need to get to Hanna and am looking forward to Good Omens on Amazon.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
Started watching a netflix show called Street Food

Definitely would recommend if you are a foodie

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »

Also, I started watching The Good Place.

The Good Place is the best comedy on TV right now. I started watching it after the 3rd season was already under way. I have now rewatched the whole 3 seasons several times already. It's probably my favorite show on TV right now.

I agree! I just finished the first season. MIND BLOWN. The ending.... totally didn't see it coming! so, so clever and unexpectedly deep for something that started out as a wacky comedy. Can't wait to see what season 2 bring!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2019, 06:31:03 AM »
Was watching the new ‘Twighlight Zone’. The first two episodes were ‘good’....nothing fantastic but it was twighlight zoney......but then.....3, 4 and 5 were so overtly political it made them pretty tough to enjoy. Won’t be watching any more of them. Does ‘everything’ have to be turned into a political message these days?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2019, 07:03:29 AM »
Yes.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2019, 05:01:38 AM »
Netflix ted bundy movie: extremely wicked shockingly evil and vile

It was good and bad. A lot of it was a scatterbrained mess that jumps all over place in time and this is coming from someone that loves true crime and has been fascinated by Bundy. I know Bundy's history really well and this thing barley even scratches the surface. Its gets better once they get to the florida trial, but besides that, this docu-drama aint worth your time.

Zach Efron did a good job as bundy though
How was James Hetfield?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2019, 05:06:09 AM »
Anyone following ZNation, weirdly enough I felt an urge to watch a zombie apocalypse show today.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2019, 11:12:46 AM »
I saw season 1 of Z nation and really enjoyed it. It's cheap and silly at times but was highly entertaining. I have started season 2 but wasn't really into it and stopped after four or five episodes. But I will probably return to it.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2019, 09:33:06 AM »
ULTRAMAN on Netflix

:metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
I'm watching Bodyguard, a 6 parts miniseries with Richard Madden, as the titular bodyguard for the english Home Secretary. Modern political thriller, so far so good.

Started season 2 of 13 Reasons Why also.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: May 18, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »
I'm watching Bodyguard, a 6 parts miniseries with Richard Madden, as the titular bodyguard for the english Home Secretary. Modern political thriller, so far so good.

I watched this one. It is really good. Hope you like it...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2019, 01:35:12 PM »
Watching Chernobyl on HBO, it's good but while it's better than I thought I still would've like it to be non-english. Other than that's it's good.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »
Beat Shazam! season 3 premiere tomorrow night
Life in Pieces Season 4 (RIP)

Stranger Things July 4th
Veronica Mars July 26th

Fall TV Season:
The Goldbergs
Superstore
Black-ish
Young Sheldon
Fresh off the Boat
Schooled
Perfect Harmony? looks potentially good.

later and into 2020
Marvel's The Runaways
The Orville
Better Call Saul
West World

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2019, 01:47:45 AM »

I watched this one. It is really good. Hope you like it...

It was good and the finale was awesome! so many minutes of uninterrupted tension, and the resolution was clever and was not one of those twists for the sake of twists. Very nice miniseries, also it was shot in London and I've just visited it last year so I'm kinda of a sucker for seeing again the city in movies and series, so that was a nice bonus.

Highly reccomended to anyone!

Offline krands85

« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2019, 04:23:06 AM »
Just started the most recent season of Suits. Strange without Mike and Rachel, though more Wendell Pierce is always a good thing.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
I started watching Steins;Gate Zero earlier today. Like the first season, this show is a master of plot twists and "time travel intrigue". It's only 5 episodes in and it's already delivered 10 "WHAT? Like no WAY" kind of plot twists. Suuuuuch a good show

Edit: Just finished episode 18 and I haven't cried this much at something since Endgame (and a long time before that). SO GOOD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:37:13 PM by Ninjabait »