Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 212911 times)

Offline Harmony

Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »
Anyone watching Safe on Netflix?  I've caught the first two episodes and am liking it so far.  It took me a little while to accept a British accent from Michael C. Hall.   :laugh:
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2018, 05:13:34 PM »
Am I totally missing a thread here on Handmaid's Tale? I did a search through the function and manually and couldn't find anything.

Just started the show on Sunday and I'm already on S2, goddamn what an outstanding show. It's very easy to see how it scooped up so many awards.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Just finished watching Gravity Falls Sunday. I may or may not have started it on Friday. It was probably one of the best shows I've seen so far.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2018, 02:51:57 AM »
Am I totally missing a thread here on Handmaid's Tale? I did a search through the function and manually and couldn't find anything.

I’m pretty sure there is a thread for it somewhere. Like 95% certain.

I haven’t seen the show yet, but it’s at the top of my priority list of shows to watch.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
I just finished the first season of Dark on netflix. Definietly a show I can recommend if you like Stranger Things but to be clear the shows have pretty much nothing in common other than it share the same tone and feel I think. This show is more dark and gritty though.
This is a german production but it's on pair with any well produced american show. The characters are all excellent and well casted.
I'm excited for season 2!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2018, 10:00:16 PM »
Wild Wild country on Netflix

Its about a cult in Oregon in the 80s. Pretty good

Offline krands85

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2018, 06:07:18 AM »
I've just finished the second season of Six Feet Under. It's pretty good so far, but it hasn't blown me away or anything. I've always heard it has one of the best finalés of a TV series - hopefully knowing that in advance doesn't end up making it feel underwhelming.

I'm also about halfway through season 2 on a rewatch of Arrested Development, before I embark on the new season. Undecided whether I'll watch the recut of season 4 before starting the 5th - season 4 was really disappointing.

I'm also watching the current season of Taskmaster (UK version), a show which I discovered earlier this year and is hilarious.  :biggrin:
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
My giant list is a few pages back and still mostly relevant, minus shows that have ended or been cancelled.

I just binged Lost In Space on Netflix.

Once I found out that the amazing Phoebe Waller-Bridge was the showrunner and head of Killing Eve I started binging that tonight. 4 episodes in and it is just fabulous! I'll be finishing Season 01 this weekend as it's supposed to be something like 110-115 outside. Not leaving my house.

Now that 12 Monkeys has one night left I will start binging Season 04 soon. I want to watch the finale as soon as possible.

I will also soon be starting Season 02 of GLOW / Luke Cage / Handmaid's Tale as well.

Just too much good TV out there right now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2018, 05:08:59 AM »
Just finished season 4 of Veep (damn how I missed this comedy) and season 2 of DaVinci's Demons (It's like McDonald: you go for the fun and the once in a while experience, not for the supreme level of it).

My next priorities will be Westworld 2, Lucifer 3 and I want to see Manhattan (show about the Atomic bomb preparations).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
I've just finished the second season of Six Feet Under. It's pretty good so far, but it hasn't blown me away or anything. I've always heard it has one of the best finalés of a TV series - hopefully knowing that in advance doesn't end up making it feel underwhelming.

It has THE best series finale of any show ever.

Six Feet Under is one of my three favorite television dramas ever and I loved the first two seasons, but to each their own.  And while I loved it the first time through, I loved the show even more the second time I ran through it.

Except for Rico; I never liked him.  He was always a selfish, judgmental dick. 

Ruth, Claire and David are all awesome, though!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2018, 03:18:24 AM »
Watching Mr. Mercedes (Stephen King adaption) at the moment, halfway through. Pretty good so far. Casting is terrific. Also Luke Cage on Netflix and Marvel's Cloak  and Dagger.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
Ken Burns Vietnam documentary. Very good

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2018, 10:02:01 AM »
So I've watched It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia for a long time but I've never sat and watched in chronological order so there are still several episodes from the early seasons I haven't seen. I haven't seen anything past season 6, though, except for CharDee MacDennis which I saw yesterday. That episode was hilarious, I got my biggest laugh when Frank got in the dog kennel and Dennis threw his drink on him. "Shut up dog!"

But the episode that had me nearly in tears laughing was "Dee's Dating A Retarded Person." I'd seen the music bits before on YouTube as part of a Dayman-Nightman compilation, but I'd never seen the parts with Dee and her boyfriend. I was howling when she was on the couch observing him, not sure if he was mentally retarded or not - the closeup of him eating popcorn laughing had me in stitches. "Oh shit baby dis yo crew?!"  LMAO. "Girl you more mixed up than a milkshake!"

Great show, love Fat Mac. Think I'll jump into season 7 tonight and go from there to catch up.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2018, 04:09:48 AM »
I actually haven't seen one whole episode of IASIP however i've seen lots of clips from the show on YT that's hilarious.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2018, 04:28:51 AM »
New HBO show called Sharp objects.

Its about a small town murder mystery. Pretty good so far

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2018, 10:34:51 AM »

Saw the first episode. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but I'm not completely sold yet.

'The Colony' on USA has been surprisingly good. It's near the end of it's third season and I've enjoyed it a lot.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2018, 01:46:56 AM »
Just started watching 12 Monkeys on Netflix. Pretty decent so far.

Eagerly awaiting Castle Rock though.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2018, 11:38:48 AM »
Just started watching 12 Monkeys on Netflix. Pretty decent so far.

I think you’ll find this series quite enjoyable. One of the best finales of any series I’ve seen. Whole series really builds on itself in a good way.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »

Loved the book, but I wasn't thrilled about the first episode (it felt a bit boring), but it was clearly set up and I plan on watching the whole mini series.  I loved this book much more than Gone Girl so maybe my expectations are a bit high here though.

Also, I am watching the season of Big Brother.  Loved seeing Swaggy go home last night, he was too cocky for my liking.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2018, 11:49:31 AM »

Loved the book, but I wasn't thrilled about the first episode (it felt a bit boring), but it was clearly set up and I plan on watching the whole mini series.  I loved this book much more than Gone Girl so maybe my expectations are a bit high here though.

Also, I am watching the season of Big Brother.  Loved seeing Swaggy go home last night, he was too cocky for my liking.

Didn't read book so I don't know where it's going, but I actually liked 1st episode. Looking forward to see where it's headed.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2018, 04:37:28 AM »

Saw the first episode. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching but I'm not completely sold yet.

'The Colony' on USA has been surprisingly good. It's near the end of it's third season and I've enjoyed it a lot.

I watched the first 2 seasons, but then missed when S3 was starting ... so I'm patiently waiting for it to hit Netflix.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2018, 09:14:06 AM »

I watched the first 2 seasons, but then missed when S3 was starting ... so I'm patiently waiting for it to hit Netflix.

They do a really good job of reinventing the show each season without trashing the storyline from the previous one. Season three might be the best one yet.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »
Salvation on Netflix.....yea not much too see here! :-\

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
Just got Netflix and I'm watching Comedians Driving in Cars Drinking Coffee. I'm hooked.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »

They do a really good job of reinventing the show each season without trashing the storyline from the previous one. Season three might be the best one yet.

Good to hear that. I watched the first season on Netflix (UK) last year, and really liked it. It looks like S2 has just been made available, so I'll hopefully get stuck in to it soon.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »

Good to hear that. I watched the first season on Netflix (UK) last year, and really liked it. It looks like S2 has just been made available, so I'll hopefully get stuck in to it soon.

I’d say that if you enjoyed the first season I see no reason why you wouldn’t enjoy the subsequent two seasons. As I mentioned....they’ve done a great job with the characters and the storyline.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2018, 07:31:17 AM »
I actually haven't seen one whole episode of IASIP however i've seen lots of clips from the show on YT that's hilarious.

I've been marathoning it the last several days and man there are some truly hilarious moments in every season. You should definitely give it a shot if you're in the mood for some really twisted, manic comedy sometime. The episodes Charlie Work, Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense, and The Gang Gets Trapped are three that have topped my list of favorites. If you haven't seen it, try to find the scene where Mac tries to disprove the theory of evolution (from the Cereal Defense episode). It's great. I've almost caught up, just in time for season 13 to start.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
Cowboy Bebop. Damn, this is a fantastic, very western-ish anime, deep characters, much jazz and blues music  :metal . Definitely recommended even if you don't like anime, this is some mature stuff.

Ergo Proxy. Very dark, futuristic anime, with unique mythology and setting. And a great electronic soundtrack  :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
First time watching Cowboy, Sacul? Amazing series, definitely one even non-anime fans can easily appreciate.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2018, 10:50:32 AM »
Taking a step back and looking at the big picture, TV is in a very interesting place right now.  Given all the different media and outlets, there are just SO MANY shows right now.  As has always been the case in recent history, the vast majority of it is trash.  But because there is so much out there, even after sifting through the trash, there is so much more good stuff that I would be interested in than there is time to watch it, even if I spent more time watching than I do now.  As it is, I feel like I still don't have time to get the more important things in life done.  That's kind of a long-winded way of saying that I don't watch a whole heck of a lot of things.  And if it isn't either something the whole family likes that we can watch together, or that my wife likes to watch so we can watch together when the kids are in bed or doing other things, it isn't likely to be viewed by me, even if it is something I would like.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2018, 01:01:25 PM »
True, the amount of content is staggering, especially when you go beyond just TV and consider original shows on the internet only.

Then expand that to even twitch and it's just insane that amount of new content there constantly is.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »
As far as shows that I can say I am currently into, the list looks something like:

"Regular network tv" shows:
-American Ninja Warrior:  Fun for the whole family.  When new seasons are out, we typically catch every episode, either live or recorded and watched after the fact.  It's a nice blend of sports and "reality tv." 
-Penn & Teller: Fool Us:  Another fun show we all like.  Whatever I may think of Penn's and Teller's personal beliefs and social activism, I have always really enjoyed their act. 
-NCIS:  My wife loves this show.  I don't love it, but I'll watch it with her sometimes.
-Blue Bloods:  This one started as one of hers, but I've kinda co-opted it.
-Agents of SHIELD:  I haven't watched this latest season, just because I fell behind immediately, and it came to Netflix kind of late.  I need to catch up.

Netflix-y binge-watch shows:
-Daredevil:  Late to the game, but really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2. 
-Stranger Things:  Late on this one as well, but now eagerly awaiting season 3.

I think that's probably about it, other than sports and the odd Food Network show every now and then.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »
Just started watching Sherlock holmes. its pretty good

Online ozzy554

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »
I bought the Twin Peaks revival on Blu-Ray on Prime Day. I didn't finish it the first time around, not because I didn't like it because I certainly did. Life just got in the way and eventually I forgot what part I left off on......so I've started it again from the begining.

7 episodes down and next up is the polarizing episode 8
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »
Just started watching Sherlock holmes. its pretty good

The BBC ‘Sherlock’ with Benjamin Cumberbatch?

That is a REALLY good series.