Author Topic: Transitions/Crossfades  (Read 841 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Transitions/Crossfades
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:34 PM »
I enjoy listening to my music library on shuffle while doing things. There are those times when one song seamlessly fits well with the end of the previous, I don't realise its a different song.

Then theirs the times where you hear the end and think of another songs intro.

I found some cool ones this way that I end up crossfading both to flow as one. It works good at times others are just too perfect. Sometimes it even works without messing with the songs.

Just recently Turn On The Darkness(Between The Buried and Me) was playing when I heard the end strings sound like Voice of Treason(Opeth). So I decided to play with it and its pretty awesome.

You guys have any songs that flow into one another as good as these? Have any you messed with like that example?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Re: Transitions/Crossfades
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:29:06 AM »
I had Blinded In Chains by A7X shuffled in right after Overture 1928 just the other day. That was a nice one.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
Right now this just happened.

Odd Logic - Life, Lore and Love ends with a soft piano melody along with high vocals which flows perfectly into Angra - Deep Blue, its intro begins with soft keys and high vocals. One of the best ones I've found.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:26 PM »
I know that it's an old radio dj trick to do something similar to this. Playing songs back to back that are in relative keys etc. etc... You can still hear this being done on some classic rock stations. I never listen to my ipod on shuffle, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you're stumbling across things that work well together like this.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
I know that it's an old radio dj trick to do something similar to this. Playing songs back to back that are in relative keys etc. etc... You can still hear this being done on some classic rock stations. I never listen to my ipod on shuffle, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you're stumbling across things that work well together like this.

Yeah I enjoy doing that.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 10:43:16 PM »
I started listening to music on Spotify more than I used to since I started this thread. As a result, I created the Crossfade playlist from my iTunes playlist.

If you guys are interested in hearing the transitions and crossfades I have discovered, you can check out my Spotify Playlists.

Crossfades

Crossfades 2

Crossfades 3

I also want to hear your guys' playlists, if you have any. Or know of any that you have discovered, and find could work in a playlist.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:50:19 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
It's funny you bring this thread back up. I recently moved my entire music library over to Plex. They have an app called Plexamp that does this thing called SweetFades. Basically the Plex software analyzes all your music and when you have your library on shuffle it will automatically create the best crossfade points from one song to the next. And it isn't just a simple fade out/fade in. It's a true crossfade like a DJ would do in real time. The results are super impressive. It makes most of my songs transition and fade together seamlessly while shuffling.

So I guess the answer to the OP is, all of my songs!  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »
It's funny you bring this thread back up. I recently moved my entire music library over to Plex. They have an app called Plexamp that does this thing called SweetFades. Basically the Plex software analyzes all your music and when you have your library on shuffle it will automatically create the best crossfade points from one song to the next. And it isn't just a simple fade out/fade in. It's a true crossfade like a DJ would do in real time. The results are super impressive. It makes most of my songs transition and fade together seamlessly while shuffling.

So I guess the answer to the OP is, all of my songs!  :biggrin:

:eek :eek

You mean I don't have to play with Audacity, and now I can use an app. I have to try that out.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 05:14:46 AM »
It was a bit of whiplash, and the only real similarity is the key, but yesterday my player went from IQ's Speak My Name straight into Frost*'s Raging Against the Dying of the Light Blues in 7/8.