Author Topic: Are there German folks willing to give advice on buying tickets for local gigs?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
First off, I'm not sure if it should be in GMD or here, but I figured the mods will kindly move it if it belongs in GMD.

So here's the deal, I'm flying to Germany in September and I'm interested in visiting a few gigs, namely Edguy in Cologne on September 22nd and then Need / Evergrey in Siegburg on September 27th. My priority is to get the e-tickets for me and my friends so I could just print them at home.

I tried eventim.de, but they don't have a ticket-print option for Edguy show, and the shipping is kinda too expensive to Russia (about 35 EUR). I could wait until I will be in Cologne myself to try and buy them at the venue a few days before the show I suppose, but I think the venue could be sold out at that moment, or the tickets will be more expensive than now. They do have e-tickets for Evergrey show though.

I also tried bonnticket.de, but they don't have English language option on their site, so I've been kinda stumbling in the dark there as my German is basically nonexistent. I've found that they have this type of ticket delivery for Edguy:

Abholung in der Vorverkaufsstelle print@shop (0,00 €) - Kreditkarte oder giropay. Die Liste aller teilnehmenden Vorverkaufsstellen finden Sie hier

and this type of tickets for Need / Evergrey:

print@home (0,00 €) - Lastschrift (für Stammkunden), Kreditkarte oder giropay

I suspect the Edguy ones are printed at the venue and you can buy them there when you arrive, and the ones for Need / Evergrey can be printed at home, but I'm not sure. Would like to have some translation for these, as Google Translate yields quite pitiful results.

So, basically, my questions are:
- Are eventim.de and bonnticket.de sites reliable?
- Are there any other sites I could check for the e-tickets for Edguy show?
- Do you need any ID confirmation at the venues or do you just show your printed e-ticket and walk in?
- Is it even possible to buy the tickets at the venue, if, say, I arrive five days before the gig?

Also any advice about Germany would be welcome. I've got some other questions about various subjects like rental cars and football tickets and whatnot, but I guess that would be too much for one thread, so if you're willing to chat with me at Facebook or have a PM conversation, please let me know.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
I bought some tickets to the Mutemath Gig in Munich on Sep 3rd and was given an option to print them. I bought them at https://x-why-z.eu.

Can you buy the tickets through the artist's website? That seems like the safest option
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I tried Edguy official website, they offer to print and ship the tickets to me, and while the shipping cost is fairly lower than at eventim.de, I can't be sure the tickets will arrive until September 15th, which is when my flight is scheduled. Russian post service sucks big time at delivering things in time.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
You could always contact the hotel you'll be staying at and see if they can hold the tickets for you. They might charge you for it but it wouldn't hurt to try

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
You could always contact the hotel you'll be staying at and see if they can hold the tickets for you. They might charge you for it but it wouldn't hurt to try

Thing is, I'm not staying at the hotel, I'm renting a flat via Airbnb. I kinda don't want to inconvenience a person I don't know who is already doing me a favour by renting me their flat. Still, thanks for the advice!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Ah, that makes sense  :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Will call isn't an option? That's usually my first choice (even for local shows as I like stubs). For international shows that's often the only option (Mexico is that way). The only show I saw in Germany was Metallica, which was a completely different deal. It was sold out so I bought them on eBay from a local (who didn't ship them in time).

My advice for seeing a show in Germany? Get there early and hang out with the locals. And be prepared to drink a lot of beer. Damned friendly, those Krauts, and remarkably civilized when it comes to imbibing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't find a will call option on eventim.de. I suspect that "Abholung in der Vorverkaufsstelle print@shop (0,00 €) - Kreditkarte oder giropay. Die Liste aller teilnehmenden Vorverkaufsstellen finden Sie hier" option at bonnticket is something resembling a will call, but I need some German DTF user to confirm that or perhaps find that option, because I can't navigate German ticket sites at all.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
The English side of their site:  https://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&language=en
Don't know if it'll solve your problem but it should help to find out an answer. Many European sites are kind enough to have different laguages available. Just look for a flag in the upper right hand corner.

edit: just re-read your post and you're already on to this. So, nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:36:50 PM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
The English side of their site:  https://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&language=en
Don't know if it'll solve your problem but it should help to find out an answer. Many European sites are kind enough to have different laguages available. Just look for a flag in the upper right hand corner.

Well, yeah, I know there's an English version of eventim.de, I just couldn't find any option of getting the tickets except them being shipped to me for the ridiculous amount of money (well, not really ridiculous, but when you can get e-tickets to print for no shipping costs, the 35 euro shipping costs is kinda ridiculous). Looking for an English versions on such sites is usually the first thing I do. However, apparently not all the sites have that—because I couldn't find it on bonnticket.de, and that one was the only one I found that had something resembling the non-shipping option.

edit: yep, I did try that. Thank you for trying to help though!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Abholung in der Vorverkaufsstelle - This one means you can pick your ticket at the office. Not sure if that is the same as the venue but that could probably work for you

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
That's helpful because Google Translate interpreted that as something like "meeting in rent/lease" in Russian. :tup Still, it'd be helpful to know the details of the whole transaction.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
That's helpful because Google Translate interpreted that as something like "meeting in rent/lease" in Russian. :tup Still, it'd be helpful to know the details of the whole transaction.

Evidently google translate works a lot better in english  :P

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
My machine translation didn't refer to the venue, but rather some pre-sale point.

What I can offer up to Evermind is that in my experience buying tickets internationally is confusing, but they actually do want you to get your tickets. They're not out to screw you and they do have methods in place for out of towners. You're not the first Rooskie to see a show in Germany and they have a way to deal with you. Also, things go much better once you're there. Even if they don't speak English, once you both have your phones out translating it's pretty easy to work these things out. So be smart, but don't get too caught up in the details.
E.F. Benson

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran

So, basically, my questions are:
- Are eventim.de and bonnticket.de sites reliable?
- Are there any other sites I could check for the e-tickets for Edguy show?
- Do you need any ID confirmation at the venues or do you just show your printed e-ticket and walk in?
- Is it even possible to buy the tickets at the venue, if, say, I arrive five days before the gig?

First: I did not read the answers in this thread.  ;) My answers would be:
- Yes.
- No idea.
- No confirmation needed.
- Depends on the venue. But the website should tell you.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 09:55:46 AM by ich bin besser »
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
"Abholung in der Vorverkaufsstelle - print@shop" means you can order the tickets online and get them printed out at one of the offices of bonnticket.de. There are some in the area of Cologne, mostly they are located in other shops. Also look for Koelnticket.de, they are the same. Where in Cologne will you be staying?

If you can't get it worked out, contact me, maybe I'm able to help. I come from the area of Cologne but I'm in Austria at the moment.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sure, thank you guys.

"Abholung in der Vorverkaufsstelle - print@shop" means you can order the tickets online and get them printed out at one of the offices of bonnticket.de. There are some in the area of Cologne, mostly they are located in other shops. Also look for Koelnticket.de, they are the same. Where in Cologne will you be staying?

If you can't get it worked out, contact me, maybe I'm able to help. I come from the area of Cologne but I'm in Austria at the moment.

I'll try to do that and if that doesn't work, I'll PM you. One of the places is apparently about 1.5 km from my flat, so that should be alright.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
According to the website you may need some kind of identification to get your tickets printed, like a passport or something that can prove you're the one who ordered them.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D