Author Topic: Austin's new song - Mindscape Pt. 2  (Read 2047 times)

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
Austin's new song - Mindscape Pt. 2
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
Ok, so I've been working on this song for a while, I've put a lot of work into it, and I wanna know what dtf thinks.
MP3: https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4mtom1y0wgn
So basically I like to make music - this track is me trying to accomplish some sort of prog rock something or other, but I think it's a good attempt at any rate.
Mindscape Pt. 2 (of 3).
I recorded all the bass, guitar, piano, and keyboard parts myself. All the drums are either software synth (programmed by me) or recorded drums from my keyboard.
My Guitar is a First Act ME505 electric guitar - one I got from wal-mart. (Yes, I'm a teenager with no money still using the first guitar anyone's ever bought me, but hey, I've gotten pretty good with it.)
My Amp is a First Act 10 Watt practice amp. Sounds like shit.
The bass I use actually belongs to my little brother, it's also a first act/walmart instrument.
My keyboard is a Yamaha PSR-E313, a nice keyboard, basically a beginner's keyboard.
I record in my messy bedroom with either a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable going from headphone ports on my keyboard and amp to the mic input of my computer, or using a desktop microphone pressed up to my amp or speakers.
That's where the magic comes in - I have mastered Adobe Audition.  :lol
This whole music production thing I'm doing... I'm making an entire album. It's my graduation project for high school - the whole thing will span a few genres including Ambient, Jazz, Prog, and Classical. Currently known as Project Skyline, I've done tons of planning.
This specific song isn't completely done yet: I want to elaborate the last part you hear (bass & drums) with some piano chords and a floyd-esque guitar solo, then repeat the first movement.

I just want to know what some other people (obviously with good music taste) think of the stuff I've made
Peace  :metal

EDIT: Song streamable here - https://www.myspace.com/austinbillingsmusic
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:09:57 PM by austin »