Author Topic: The picture disc of I Walk Beside You scam  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ProgressiveIce

The picture disc of I Walk Beside You scam
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:28:17 PM »
I just came across this eBay item: Dream Theater - I Walk Beside You Rare Rock 12" Picture Disc Promo Octavarium LP (in case it gets removed/sold/whatever, you can find an archived version here and the full image here)

I could be wrong, but I've never heard of such a record before, and the image along with the seller's location and their other items scream fake/scam so loudly you could still hear it on Mars. :mehlin

Be careful out there, fellow collectors!

Offline PetFish

Re: The picture disc of I Walk Beside You scam
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »
They do this stuff all the time.  That's actually a wallpaper by a Dream Theater fan:
https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39500000/Dream-Theater-dream-theater-39530565-1024-768.jpg

I've had my artwork "stolen" for lots of stuff in the past, mostly mousepads and shirts and mugs.

PS - I checked out the seller's page and they have a million of these listed all with ripped-off artwork and false advertising.  So I tried to report the seller but you know what?  There's no way to report a seller (that I can see).  You can easily report individual items (which I did in this case), but no way to report a seller running a scam operation.  WTF.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:24:48 PM by PetFish »

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »
Has there ever been an official DT picture disc other than IT?
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
Has there ever been an official DT picture disc other than IT?

Don't think so.