Author Topic: What's DT's next lineup change, and why?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline pretorios

Re: What's DT's next lineup change, and why?
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »
Mangini wouldn't surprise me. He seems to view his role as more of a gig than a career. That could change, however, if they start to engage him more in the studio.

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
Mangini has already had one hell of a career.  Being the drummer for DT could be considered a career in itself.  I really hope he stays with the band.  I don't think any of the other members would be anxious to see him go.
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »
Mangini has already had one hell of a career.  Being the drummer for DT could be considered a career in itself.  I really hope he stays with the band.  I don't think any of the other members would be anxious to see him go.

I agree, and he seems to really enjoy to be in the band, to meet new people and travel to new places with DT. Also, he's the drummer for the JP solo band too, and, according to a facebook post by Dave LaRue, they might be doing some touring soon.
"I believe the sacrifices in life give more than they take"

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
I think Jordan and MM will leave amicably and Kevin Moore and MP will return and make Images and Words 2 : More Images and a Few More Words
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
Carpe PM !!! ....
Seize the night !!!!

Offline Tony From Long Island

• No Day But Today
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »
I think Jordan and MM will leave amicably and Kevin Moore and MP will return and make Images and Words 2 : More Images and a Few More Words

I assume that was supposed to make me chuckle . . .    The chances that KM would do anything remotely like that are less than zero percent
https://soundcloud.com/user-831858763       Listen to my mediocre recordings!

Offline Tony From Long Island

• No Day But Today
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »
I've wondered for quite a while why John Myung doesn't have a very serious case of tendinitis or Carpal Tunnel.       I am glad he had never had to take time off or leave.   Great player and great dude.
https://soundcloud.com/user-831858763       Listen to my mediocre recordings!

Offline Sycsa

• The Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
Since WDADU, DT's average is 1 lineup change per 7 years. Mangini joined in 2011.  :corn That means nothing.
Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
If I remember correctly, there was an interview with JLB during the DT12 era and he talked about being frustrated that he wasn't more involved with lyrics and writing a song and apparently had one that he was interested in taking, but JP ended up writing the lyric. He said that he wouldn't let that happen again and then...well... The Astonishing..

I thought LaBrie would write more lyrics after Portnoy left. I've always wondered if LaBrie wasn't interested in writing or if the other band members were holding him back.

I could see Mangini leaving if he's not given the opportunity to seriously contribute to writing. If the band continues on into their 60s & even their 70s I really don't see how LaBrie will be able to continue...unless they stick with downtuning even lower than they are now & seriously reworking some of the older vocal melodies.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!