Author Topic: Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary Tour - FreqsTV  (Read 2816 times)

Offline SoundscapeMN

Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary Tour - FreqsTV
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=condDYqAgZI

Heard Pull Me Under on local Hard Rock radio in 1992 and 1993, but didn't know who it was until 1995.

Offline w_marano

• : never give up, it's such a wonderful life :
Re: Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary Tour - FreqsTV
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:55 AM »
My first encounter with Dream Theater was watching Under a glass Moon, from Live in Japan VHS. All I could say was, they have been my favorite band ever since. Images & Words is the best prog album has ever been written, for sure! It is a masterpiece and no band has even come close to it.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 07:13:54 AM »
Wow, that video was really good.

Offline emtee

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
Goosebumps. Great Memories. Sadness.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:31:50 AM »
Great video, it's always nice to hear JP talk, he seems so passionate and calm at the same time. I discovered DT until 2006, and I&W until 2008 or so. But I've been a big fan ever since, they're my favorite band and now more than ever!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
I got a bit nostalgic for the 90s watching that. Can't wait to see the record. No doubt about it -- I'd prefer to see it with Moore and Portnoy. However, Jordan and Mangini do a spectacular job, and you can't deny the brilliance of both Images and Words and ACOS. Two weeks!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »
Great video, it's always nice to hear JP talk, he seems so passionate and calm at the same time. I discovered DT until 2006, and I&W until 2008 or so. But I've been a big fan ever since, they're my favorite band and now more than ever!

would love to just be able to talk to him 1 on 1 for twenty minutes or so, and not necessarily about music at all. He seems like such a genuine person...I bet it'd be a captivating conversation.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Drinktheater

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »
My first encounter with Dream Theater was watching Under a glass Moon, from Live in Japan VHS. All I could say was, they have been my favorite band ever since. Images & Words is the best prog album has ever been written, for sure! It is a masterpiece and no band has even come close to it.

Can you give a comment or describe John's Guitar tone on the Images Japan VHS?

It feels very different from the album it sounds so transparent and not overly saturated some even say its lacks gain but I guess I enjoyed it.

And she listens openly

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Great video. I'm really glad the band took the time to do it. :metal
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
It'd be nice to see JM also talking in the video, since he was also there from the beginning.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »
I could listen to JP all day long, seriously.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
What is Jordan playing? The iTar?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 01:22:13 AM »
That was a really great watch. John seems like such a chilled, genuine guy. Super.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:47 AM »
I could listen to JP all day long, seriously.

Ditto

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
Really cool video.  I saw DT share this on social media last week.  Must say their social media presence has been much better on the last leg of the tour.  Things like doing this are also great for exposure and positivity.  This was well done and really focused for the current tour.   :metal  Can't wait to catch this twice next month.  My all time favorite album.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
Wow, that video was really good.

I'll second that... nostalgia for sure!  Got to say that I'm proud of them (DT) for what they are, for where they've come from, and for where they're going.  Still going strong after so many years... I feel blessed to have found them.

I first heard PMU on a snow-day in 92; I was in 7th grade.  My girlfriend bought the tape (remember those) for me for my birthday in March of 93 and I've been with DT ever since.  Never did I think that I would be able to see them live... much less 9-times live (about to be 10-times in November) and one of those at Radio City no less.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »
Awesome.  JP is the man. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 01:40:21 AM »
Fantastic memories, guys! And, yes, JP is THE man!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
That was a really great watch. John seems like such a chilled, genuine guy. Super.

He is. A buddy of mine from back home on Long Island is/was his mailman/letter carrier. Runs into him all the time. JP is what most people think he is -- a regular dude, really nice, normal guy. He just happens to be one of the best guitarists in the world.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »

He is. A buddy of mine from back home on Long Island is/was his mailman/letter carrier. Runs into him all the time. JP is what most people think he is -- a regular dude, really nice, normal guy. He just happens to be one of the best guitarists in the world.

No big deal  :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."