Author Topic: Would anyone else like to see bonus content for Netflix's originals?  (Read 993 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Would you watch behind the scenes stuff for Netflix content if it was offered?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Absolutely. Bonus is bonus, right? If you're digging it it'd be great to see more of it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Do they not include any bonus material on DVD releases?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I don't have netflix, but do they release netflix shows on DVD?  I could see a reason not to.  If they don't then I could see why fans would want what is traditionally on DVD releases to be released on netflix.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

I don't have netflix, but do they release netflix shows on DVD?  I could see a reason not to.  If they don't then I could see why fans would want what is traditionally on DVD releases to be released on netflix.
They do indeed, it would be bizarre not to. But I've no idea what's on those DVDs.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

They do indeed, it would be bizarre not to. But I've no idea what's on those DVDs.

The reason I think it wouldn't be so bizarre is that it's on netflix, so if you want to watch, get netflix.  But I understand we aren't out of the physical copy era yet so there is still value to releasing DVDs.  Just wasn't sure if they actually did that.

Online faizoff

Some of the Netflix original content does have bonus features. The first season of House of Cards has director's commentary for all episodes. They're really good. It's a shame all the video releases of Netflix shows barely have any bonus content. There are some features spread across but nothing comprehensive from what I've seen. At least not for the shows I'm interested in getting on Blu-ray.

The streaming Netflix version I hope gets more bonus content someday. I'm sure they've thought about it, it's probably not feasible for them to add and host additional content that only a small percentage will watch.

Hmm weird I don't seem to find the commentaries on season 1 of House of Cards anymore. I wonder if that was a limited time offering.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I'm indifferent. I rarely look at behind the scenes things because in a strange way I feel it detracts from my thoughts on the product itself. Takes away from the magic in a way.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
No. I very rarely (and I mean like once every few years, if that) watch bonus content on any movies or anything. I just don't care most of the time. That said, if I am absolutely in love with and enjoy the movie so much that I can't get enough, then I will. But that happens once every five years or something. I think the last time I watched bonus content is when I was crazy addicted to The Dark Knight.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.